Entry costs to different sports.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagleE

Reserve Grader
I have only been to NRL games this season and have nothing to compare to. Has anybody been to other sports where they paid entry to, like A League Soccer, AFL, Rugby, Basketball, boxing or MMA. How does the price of entry, about $25, compare to the other sport. How about the value for money entertainment.
My personal opinion is that League entry should be about $15-$20. More people would be able to attend and have bigger, louder crowds. Wit clubs getting more money from the NRL some that should offset the cost of entry. I know there is the fact of memberships and cheaper seats from that but a lot of people don't have that yet.
I would just like to be better informed.

I think the ARF should subsidise the entry cost based on the schedule that TV has allocated. So, if a club cops a Saturday night game they can charge 25% less and be reimbursed for this by the AFR. If they cop a Monday night match they would charge only half the entry price.
The TV-based schedule advantages Brisbane, who is the one club that doesn't need help, and disadvantages clubs like Manly, Cronulla, Canberra and Penrith.
If Manly played every home game on a Sunday then crowd numbers would be up by 30%, so the effect TV scheduling has on club revenue is substantial.

Stay tuned for our entry prices next year. Games played at less popular times will be much much cheaper. We will be the first NRL club to introduce this type of pricing to incentivise fans coming to less popular time slots :)

Larissa said:
Stay tuned for our entry prices next year. Games played at less popular times will be much much cheaper. We will be the first NRL club to introduce this type of pricing to incentivise fans coming to less popular time slots :)

And in another first, our membership team are the first to introduce the word 'incentivise' into our vocabulary. I only hope the work helps embiggens our crowd numbers.

Keep up the cromulent work, Larrissa.

Larissa said:

That is what our club needs. We are quiet at the best of times and usually get out cheered by the opposition fans. That is a fantastic idea to get a full house hopefully to those games that are not as popular as the Sunday games.

Hamster Huey said:
Larissa said:

And in another first, our membership team are the first to introduce the word 'incentivise' into our vocabulary. I only hope the work helps embiggens our crowd numbers.

Simpson ftw!!

I'm anispeptic, frasmotic, even compunctuous to have caused you such pericombobulation.

However, +1 to Manly for the new pricing incentives, sounds like a long overdue but great idea. Another way for Larissa to make me homesick!

May I also offer my most enthusiastic contrafribularities.

To eagleE, don't move here and follow nhl. Tickets are anywhere from $100 to literally thousands of dollarydos for a 60 min game and you get to sit in the cold every game.

Larissa said:

Sounds like a cunning plan.

Larissa said:

How will it be incorporated into the paid up season ticket holders?

Both the AFL and Broncos at Suncorp have inclusive travel with their tickets. This would be something that the ARLC could revisit.

It doesn't have any impact on Members as the price across the season is still cheaper as a Member

Hamster Huey said:
Larissa said:

I understand that John Howard is now working behind the scenes for the Club.

But seriously, that is a great initiative. Thanks Larissa.

[quote

To eagleE, don't move here and follow nhl. Tickets are anywhere from $100 to literally thousands of dollarydos for a 60 min game and you get to sit in the cold every game.
[/quote]

I know the NFL start their prices at about $80 for the crappy teams. If we play the likes if the Cowboys, Titans, Knights who people don't care about seeing and is in a bad time slot like Monday night, than cheaper tickets are a good option.

eagleE said:
globaleaglerocks!!! said:

I know the NFL start their prices at about $80 for the crappy teams. If we play the likes if the Cowboys, Titans, Knights who people don't care about seeing and is in a bad time slot like Monday night, than cheaper tickets are a good option.

Cheap always = good. That's how I choose my doctors.

Larissa said:

That's very smart marketing, Larissa. It would be even better if the ARL subsidised the club for the loss in revenue with some of the money that TV is paying because it is the TV scheduling that has caused the problem.
Go the marketing Department!

Larissa said:

Will this also swing the other way? More popular time slots will be more expensive than in the past?

MWSE said:
Larissa said:

Will this also swing the other way? More popular time slots will be more expensive than in the past?

I can't speak for the club but I think that it would make sense to make prices more for the blockbuster games. It's like attending a concert - prices are higher for the better performers. Also, it would even out for members.

This sort of structure is based on a 3 main goals:
1. Incentivise poorly attended fixtures, like Monday nights
2. Maximise revenue for popular games that reach capacity
3. Increase value in Membership Sea Eagles Members will see better value for money and have guaranteed access to the best time slots.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7