1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Entry costs to different sports.

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by eagleE, Dec 1, 2012.

1. eagleE

eagleE Active Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0
    I have only been to NRL games this season and have nothing to compare to. Has anybody been to other sports where they paid entry to, like A League Soccer, AFL, Rugby, Basketball, boxing or MMA. How does the price of entry, about $25, compare to the other sport. How about the value for money entertainment.
    My personal opinion is that League entry should be about $15-$20. More people would be able to attend and have bigger, louder crowds. Wit clubs getting more money from the NRL some that should offset the cost of entry. I know there is the fact of memberships and cheaper seats from that but a lot of people don't have that yet.
    I would just like to be better informed.

• Like Like x 1
  2. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,842 / 103
    I think the ARF should subsidise the entry cost based on the schedule that TV has allocated. So, if a club cops a Saturday night game they can charge 25% less and be reimbursed for this by the AFR. If they cop a Monday night match they would charge only half the entry price.
    The TV-based schedule advantages Brisbane, who is the one club that doesn't need help, and disadvantages clubs like Manly, Cronulla, Canberra and Penrith.
    If Manly played every home game on a Sunday then crowd numbers would be up by 30%, so the effect TV scheduling has on club revenue is substantial.

3. Larissa

Larissa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0
    Stay tuned for our entry prices next year. Games played at less popular times will be much much cheaper. We will be the first NRL club to introduce this type of pricing to incentivise fans coming to less popular time slots :)

4. Hamster Huey

Hamster Huey Space Invader Premium Member

Ratings:
    +990 / 7
    And in another first, our membership team are the first to introduce the word 'incentivise' into our vocabulary. I only hope the work helps embiggens our crowd numbers.

Keep up the cromulent work, Larrissa.

5. eagleE

eagleE Active Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0
    That is what our club needs. We are quiet at the best of times and usually get out cheered by the opposition fans. That is a fantastic idea to get a full house hopefully to those games that are not as popular as the Sunday games.

6. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,800 / 58

Simpson ftw!!

I'm anispeptic, frasmotic, even compunctuous to have caused you such pericombobulation.

However, +1 to Manly for the new pricing incentives, sounds like a long overdue but great idea. Another way for Larissa to make me homesick!

May I also offer my most enthusiastic contrafribularities.

To eagleE, don't move here and follow nhl. Tickets are anywhere from $100 to literally thousands of dollarydos for a 60 min game and you get to sit in the cold every game.

7. Shaka1eye

Shaka1eye Active Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +91 / 11
    Sounds like a cunning plan.

8. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    How will it be incorporated into the paid up season ticket holders?

Both the AFL and Broncos at Suncorp have inclusive travel with their tickets. This would be something that the ARLC could revisit.

9. Larissa

Ratings:
    +264 / 0
    It doesn't have any impact on Members as the price across the season is still cheaper as a Member

10. Phantar

Phantar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0
    I understand that John Howard is now working behind the scenes for the Club.

But seriously, that is a great initiative. Thanks Larissa.

11. eagleE

eagleE Active Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0
    [quote

To eagleE, don't move here and follow nhl. Tickets are anywhere from $100 to literally thousands of dollarydos for a 60 min game and you get to sit in the cold every game.
    [/quote]

I know the NFL start their prices at about $80 for the crappy teams. If we play the likes if the Cowboys, Titans, Knights who people don't care about seeing and is in a bad time slot like Monday night, than cheaper tickets are a good option.

12. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,800 / 58
    Cheap always = good. That's how I choose my doctors.

13. The Who

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,842 / 103
    That's very smart marketing, Larissa. It would be even better if the ARL subsidised the club for the loss in revenue with some of the money that TV is paying because it is the TV scheduling that has caused the problem.
    Go the marketing Department!

14. MWSE

MWSE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +335 / 2
    Will this also swing the other way? More popular time slots will be more expensive than in the past?

15. The Who

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,842 / 103
    I can't speak for the club but I think that it would make sense to make prices more for the blockbuster games. It's like attending a concert - prices are higher for the better performers. Also, it would even out for members.

16. Larissa

Ratings:
    +264 / 0
    This sort of structure is based on a 3 main goals:
    1. Incentivise poorly attended fixtures, like Monday nights
    2. Maximise revenue for popular games that reach capacity
    3. Increase value in Membership Sea Eagles Members will see better value for money and have guaranteed access to the best time slots.