Entering a brave new world for NRL fans

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
I would like you to think back for a moment. How old were you on March 31st, 1995? For that was the last day that rugby league in this country enjoyed freedom. We haven’t had it since.

Read the full article

I was 9, turning 10. I remember that day very clearly. That was the day I began to hate Queensland. I then realised that there was a good chance that Manly would win a lot of titles....we only won 1 but we were in 3 GF's. Every time I remember the Northern Eagles I go back to that day...and hate Queenslanders even more ;)

That's why I hate canterbury. Wonulla, penruff, cantberra, the sheepshaggers, the cowgirls, the scum and Brisbane. Peter moore will always remembered as rl's Benedict Arnold he should of been jailed.

Nq and Auckland had agreed to jump ship before they had even played a game. News ltd looked after those who got in bed with them, all 3 major rep coaches were super league whores, the refs boss is a sl whore, the CEO is a sl whore, 90% of the ones that cover league on fox are super league whores. The sooner news f**k off and take their lawyer with them the better our game will be.

Thats a dead set ripper Cambo.Love your work mate.Good to see some still know what the truth really is through all the News Ltd dribble.Ive never met anyone with as much hatred and i dont use that word lightly,for the scum that will be forever known as News Ltd and the Qlders who instigated it,as me.

And the ARL still owe us money for sticking solid and having to pay overs to keep together the reigning premiership side. Basically sent us broke on a promise that we would be looked after. That caused that horrible matrimony with the Bears and almost sounded the death knell for our great club. Not many of the sides that stayed true to the ARL came out of that experience any better off. Most have merged or are struggling financially...yet we have sides like Melbourne, Cowboys and Brisbane being propped up by those News Ltd #$%^'s for all these years.

Be hard to look in the mirror and wed hate ourselves........but atleast the pain of the 97 grand final wouldnt have happened, we wouldn't have gone broke, the beagles wouldn't have happened, brookvale oval prob would have got an upgrade with all the riches we would have and that try last night would have been awarded ;)

Fro said:
would anyone on here have a different opinion had Manly gone to SL??

Interesting question.... I'd like to think that was a scenario that was never going to happen. I quite like having the moral high ground over my Cronulla and Bulldog supporting mates.

Chip and Chase said:
Fro said:

Interesting question.... I'd like to think that was a scenario that was never going to happen. I quite like having the moral high ground over my Cronulla and Bulldog supporting mates.

It would never have happened with Arko in charge.

Fro said:

At the time , i definitely wanted Manly to stay with the ARL. However, as long as they were the Manly Sea Eagles I would have still supported them even if they joined Super League. I didnt go to a game for 3 years though when they were the Northern Eagles.

At least Bones and pablo are honest :)

Personally i'm glad it was a choice i didn't have to make, it's easy for us to take the moral high ground in this situation. I'd like to think i would have done the "right thing" but when it is boiled down we are Manly fans.

Fro said:

I would have kept supporting Manly no matter where they went. However, when you consider Arko's position in the game it was never, ever, going to happen.

My support for Manly has never waned. I even supported the Northern Eagles as it was Manly to the core.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4