Enough of the bull****!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
c eagle said:
This site has been this way for some time, I read but very rarely post because of the constant rubbish, if these same people keep re offending why not a permanent holiday.......it's the only way people like myself will feel we can share our points of view , and there are plenty I know that feel the same way.

Maybe we will just start a name and shame

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5FfJ89rGPc

Dan said:
and as a side note, it is January 3rd here, and I have received my second legal notice of the year. That is what I have to deal with

Just piss them off completely and ban the originators of the notices. You own the site mate. It's not a right to be able to post here.

Fancy being anal enough to start sending legal notices about what happens on a forum.

No one would miss the whingers.

I bet the legal notices are from the biggest complainers and abusers on here as well. Reminds me of my school. The bullies are usually the biggest sooks when something goes wrong.

Hey Dan and other mods, I just tried to like a post and received this error :

Authorization code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly? Please go back and try again.

Has the like feature been disabled???

For my 5 cents worth, name, shame and life ban the trouble makers.

Ok, just tried the like button again and it worked.

Some people are just not happy unless they have something to complain about. Get out there & live life people. Trust me, there are a lot more important things than what happens on a footy forum.

Dan,

Thank you for the time, work and money you put into the ST site. I for one love this site and hope it continues on for a very long time!!! Your job is all that much harder when adults revert to their childlike state and ruin it for everyone else.

Mods,

Thanks for your efforts in supporting Dan and this site!!!

AB

I like the part in the rules about a thick skin and a sense of humour. I think it's easy to get carried away with the tide of, not so much whingeing, but defending someone you consider one of your own brothers (just so you all know, I don't even know the guy). That's why I never went to the defence of a troll. My apologies to anyone I may have inadvertently offended in regards to Napper.

I have been through mediation with Jethro on the whole matter, and now consider it a dead issue. Many thanks again to Jethro for his patience in dealing with a hard head (me) :)

Hey Dan, Jethro deserves a massive raise. Or since it's not a paid position, a very large brown paper bag should suffice. :p

P.S I would never be so bored in my life that I would bother sending legal notices in regards to a footy forum. I feel for you Dan.

This is ridiculous!

I only post every now and then I view the site almost every day. Dan and I have exchanged some pm's about something I posted once that another mod thought was aggressive or a go at him... Whatever. But it wasn't I'm not on Facebook or twitter because I know too many people who I wouldn't want a lot of people I know knowing I know. When I had an issue the mod was pretty heavy handed and I found it to be a bit off puting and misdirected. But I copped it because in believe they have the best interest of defending dan and this site in their hearts.

I am not bringing this up to rake over old scabs but so that people realise that you don't know everything and if you enjoy this site however infrequently, then just enjoy it. What have you done or worked on or contributed to in a meaningful way today that has meant so much to so many?

Well done to everyone who makes this site so great, especially the mods and the Dan.

Seriously dude print some hats with that silvertail logo up and sell them for forty-five each with the user name on the back and make a profit. Everyone would wear them to Brooky games it would be like seeing who you (are we allowed to swear after this thread title? I'll just go with) got to know really well at last weeks neighbourhood orgy.

Peace out the lot of you. Barra to catch.

Dan said:
c eagle said:
This site has been this way for some time, I read but very rarely post because of the constant rubbish, if these same people keep re offending why not a permanent holiday.......it's the only way people like myself will feel we can share our points of view , and there are plenty I know that feel the same way.

Maybe we will just start a name and shame
Please do, I think it would save yourself alot of headaches... And solve the problem permanently

I don't even know what threads are the problem.. I read most posts on here, and rarely see anything that seems an issue.. So people are obviously overreacting to the tiny little arguments that break out.. I go to many different frums about many different things, and it was lays my impression this was a pretty polite, respectful community.. Shame various people are taking it so seriously and personally that the site owner is considering winding it up..

joeboy said:
I don't even know what threads are the problem.. I read most posts on here, and rarely see anything that seems an issue.. So people are obviously overreacting to the tiny little arguments that break out.. I go to many different frums about many different things, and it was lays my impression this was a pretty polite, respectful community.. Shame various people are taking it so seriously and personally that the site owner is considering winding it up..

It is quite possible that when you get on, if there are any offending posts, they may have already been removed by either the persons making the comments or by one or more of the mods or Dan.

As a father of 3 boys, I feel your pain (minus the legal issues...so far). Silvertails to me is like pub talk. I read a lot, occasionally chime in but I'm grateful to have a connection with fellow MWSE supporters.

Sometimes things get out of hand and someone has to have the authority to toss a poster out (temporarily). No questions asked. Maybe you could introduce a tribunal fee (say $50?) to appeal your own ban which could justify the hassle for mods to bring it up; no fee no review. If you wanna go in to bat for a mate who is banned, make the fee $200 or more. Half the fee is refunded if the ban is overturned. Any other result means Silvertails keeps the cash & stays open for another day.

Double demerits for the off-season as well??

Maybe it's overkill but anything that eases the load on the mods and especially the owner is worth considering.

For anyone bored during the off-season, take a few minutes to review 2 documents on the home page.
See Silvertails Home Page > About >
Terms of Service
Terms of Use
The conditions are in place for legal reasons. Silvertails has a history of minimal censorship in the interests of free discussion. You can't please everyone but I'm confident whenever action is taken on behalf of Silvertails it is done in good faith in the best interests of the site, as judged by the owner and moderating team.

Of course, if anyone* wants to start a site completely unburdened by conditions of use or terms of service or moderators please let us all know, it would no doubt be a hoot while it lasted!

*recommended only for someone who has a very good lawyer :)
edit: actually, make that several very good lawyers :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8