Enough BS....Support & Enjoy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Its been a testing time as a Seaeagles supporter...every day...all this speculation...whats true/whats BS....players leaving/unhappy??
I have gone from being upset & angry to excited about the future.
Big names like Kingy, Gift gone & apparently names like Watmough, Matai, Foran & Snake linked elsewhere, unfortunately 2 of those players close to all time favourites...but...so what...we have zero control if they do??
If they dont want to wear the Maroon & White jersey plenty will.
I dont state this with spite, in fact would be great if they all stayed but if not ...will support the next batch of players who will fight for the Manly jerseys & a huge opportunity to be part of the most successful team in the NRL.
This will possibly include 1 or 2 marquee players who would jump at the chance to be part of the Seaeagles culture plus an exciting crop of youngsters who will be household names over the next 2 years.
This club has shown massive courage to overcome more than the loss of big name players over the years & personally , I feel proud to back us when the chips are down. Other supporters turn on each other or are that fickle, they support another team when times are tough but its not the culture of this club or the fans.

2014 has yet again been a great effort & Manly WILL fight till the end, as shown at Brookie last Sunday.
Enough of the BS - time to enjoy the success of another great season & in 2015 & beyond....stick solid & watch the team continue to be envied, despised, yet admired by ALL - its just the Manly way..

You are spot on.

Time to move on and enjoy the success of the team.

The club will always be strong regardless of who wears the shirt. Our culture will always overcome adversity! !!

Ah Maxta, the voice of reason and positivity!

I've probably gone through the full gamut of emotions also, but am like you. Let's sit back and enjoy! Here we are on the cusp of being crowned Minor Premiers and a run at Premiership No.9. Will be tough with injuries, being written off, internal fighting....sounds like Manly have no chance....I LIKE THAT! No club fights harder than the Pride of the Peninsula.

Speaking of Premiership No.9. I think I might start calling Jamie Lyon the 9th (as in the 9th immortal), because he is just unreal!

Not a lot to add except I agree, and have been tryin' to do the same.

So thanks @maxta for adding some more perspective and faith.

There are too many here that focus more on negatives, and not the reverse.

And YES. I'm bumping the thread intentionally.

I have been asking for the last six months why you all take any creedance from stories in Newspapers, in particular the trashy News Ltd ones.

Every time a story is rehashed away we go again, all doom and bloody gloom.

The situation as it currently exists is this.

1) Gifty is leaving, playing for Souths in 2015.
2) Jason King has announced his retirement.
3) Anthony Watmough has been given approval to test the market for 2016 and beyond.

That's it FULL STOP.

Everyone else mentioned has a 2015 contract, and unless they have a get out clause ( very doubtfull as these were under the control of Dave Perry) Id expect them to roll up for pre season training in November.

So in saying that can we just enjoy the footy from here on??

Mark from Brisbane said:
I have been asking for the last six months why you all take any creedance from stories in Newspapers, in particular the trashy News Ltd ones.

Every time a story is rehashed away we go again, all doom and bloody gloom.

The situation as it currently exists is this.

1) Gifty is leaving, playing for Souths in 2015.
2) Jason King has announced his retirement.
3) Anthony Watmough has been given approval to test the market for 2016 and beyond.

That's it FULL STOP.

Everyone else mentioned has a 2015 contract, and unless they have a get out clause ( very doubtfull as these were under the control of Dave Perry) Id expect them to roll up for pre season training in November.

So in saying that can we just enjoy the footy from here on??

No no no no no no no.

Lol.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8