Ennis hopes Bulldogs become 'Manly-like'

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
[/quote]

And watch the fans turn if Hasler and Co do not have almost instant success.

Hasler has taken a big gamble going there, it could all quite possibly come crashing down around him.

We can only hope...

[/quote]

Moops said:
Dymock didn't stay too loyal to the club in '95

Dymock chose his side, the ARL. The Bulldogs were disloyal to the ARL and that's why he left them. He has always been loyal, the Bulldogs have not shown the same loyalty back.

Unless you are Manly you will never emulate what we are.

Buy up as much as you like . Dream as much as you can .

At the end of the day, a Ferrari is always a Ferrari , and a Pigs ear will always be a Pigs ear.

ManlyBacker said:
Here's proof, not that we needed it, that we are better than the doggies :)

"IT HAS been 48 years since the Bulldogs last missed the finals on three consecutive occasions, but hooker Michael Ennis believes all is finally ready for Canterbury to break their two-year finals drought.

Des Hasler has been in charge at Belmore for just three days but Ennis, the man most likely to lead the Bulldogs, said the new coach hadn't taken long to leave his mark on the playing group. Hasler won't take on full-time duties at the Bulldogs until Monday but in his short time with the club, there is already genuine belief Canterbury can play finals football next year.

''Previous to the last two years, I hadn't missed the finals in my career,'' Ennis said. ''It's been a bit of a letdown, that's for sure. It's something that I hope doesn't occur again and I think, as a club, we've put all the right things in place to ensure we'll be around in September.''

He hopes Hasler can instil Manly-like characteristics at the Bulldogs that will help them again become one of the most feared teams in the competition.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/ennis-hopes-bulldogs-become-manlylike-20111116-1njau.html#ixzz1dtu2RmOL

So this is why the Dogs supporters(wankers) been coming in here.. Not only does their whole roster want to be like us , but they`re supporters also want to taste what its like being a Manly supporter.. I dnt see Mr Inviso or his other cronies commenting on this thread ...:huh:
whats wrong kebab boys this one a bit closer to the bone hey... When one of your own players says he wants the team to be Manly like , it explains why their fans were in here, they too want to be like us ..

jjai, Mr Invisible was given a month holiday from Silvertails on Wednesday last week by Jatz so that's the reason why he wouldn't be on here commenting (just like a few other Dogs supporters who have also been given a holiday).

manlysister said:
Dymock is the one I really feel sorry for. Done nthing wrong & got shafted badly by a team he stayed loyal to. I hat to think what will happen to him now that Kel Egan has decided to go to the dogs early as well.

Feeling sorry for anything or anyone associated with the Scumdogs? No f****** way!

"He hopes Hasler can instil Manly-like characteristics at the Bulldogs"

Interesting. Ennis wants the Bulldogs to play tough, win the comp, implode and then sack the coach.

SeaEagleRock8 said:

Interesting. Ennis wants the Bulldogs to play tough, win the comp, implode and then sack the coach.
Well they're halfway there already.

They've got the "implode and then sack the coach" part down pat.

Rex said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:

Well they're halfway there already.

They've got the "implode and then sack the coach" part down pat.

They just forgot that were supposed to do after becoming premiers, not after being thumped by the premiers.

No where in this article does he even say he wants to be manly like, manly built themselfs like the old dogs of war. Des was even quoted back in the day saying he hopes to get them like folkseys dogs of war.

I'm sure any club would like theres to be winning titles.

dogs12 said:
No where in this article does he even say he wants to be manly like, manly built themselfs like the old dogs of war. Des was even quoted back in the day saying he hopes to get them like folkseys dogs of war.

I'm sure any club would like theres to be winning titles.

You do understand what the use of quotation marks indications, don't you?

''You always knew you were in for a game when you came up against the Sea Eagles. Hopefully, through everything Des brings with him, we can turn into that side that, week to week, is really competitive. A side that everyone knows, regardless when or where through the season they play us, will be a tough game for them.''

There it is, a direct quote. He mentions 'Manly' and how they play under Des and, short of mentioning how he'd actually like to play some finals football now, how he wants to see them perform the same.

Really it is time to move on eagles fans, we still have the super team the dogs well........have a team bar trent of duds.
I will be honest the more i think about the last month i think both are at fault, dessie remember built this club from the nothern eagles farce, 3 grand finals 2 titles 7 finals campaigns he left a great legacy. I from the shock have now moved to sadness that des is gone but.........life goes on i hope he does return to the club down the track time heals all wounds. Des did have help for 6 years from toovs.
Let's talk footy we have wolfie back, Lussick to me may start this year up front. We can only beat ourselves for back to back our only weakness is oldfield's defence. To the dogs keep hoping they all come but sometimes they might not REMEMBER when peter sharp came to eagles and there was all the talk of the eels young superstars of 2001, well only one came 6 years later killer.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2