Ennis hopes Bulldogs become 'Manly-like'

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
Here's proof, not that we needed it, that we are better than the doggies :)

"IT HAS been 48 years since the Bulldogs last missed the finals on three consecutive occasions, but hooker Michael Ennis believes all is finally ready for Canterbury to break their two-year finals drought.

Des Hasler has been in charge at Belmore for just three days but Ennis, the man most likely to lead the Bulldogs, said the new coach hadn't taken long to leave his mark on the playing group. Hasler won't take on full-time duties at the Bulldogs until Monday but in his short time with the club, there is already genuine belief Canterbury can play finals football next year.

''Previous to the last two years, I hadn't missed the finals in my career,'' Ennis said. ''It's been a bit of a letdown, that's for sure. It's something that I hope doesn't occur again and I think, as a club, we've put all the right things in place to ensure we'll be around in September.''

He hopes Hasler can instil Manly-like characteristics at the Bulldogs that will help them again become one of the most feared teams in the competition.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/ennis-hopes-bulldogs-become-manlylike-20111116-1njau.html#ixzz1dtu2RmOL

The Manly spirit is only at Manly. The dogs have Hasler and his mates but that dosent gaurantee them premiership success .

Lol get the culture back you had in the 80's. Here's a thought, get back your old players, give them a fair go to try get that culture back and stop following other successful clubs and poaching their greats. Jim Dymock should walk out on the doggies

Well, we did tend to copy the Dogs of years gone by with the whole siege mentality attitude. They had it down to a fine art in the 80's/90's but have lost it over the past couple of years. They are probably trying to steal their culture back with Des' signing.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
They will never be Manly like they will always be Doggy style ;)
Hasler and Crusher will cop it Doggy Style big time if they dont live up to their expectations .

Dymock is the one I really feel sorry for. Done nthing wrong & got shafted badly by a team he stayed loyal to. I hat to think what will happen to him now that Kel Egan has decided to go to the dogs early as well.

The Dogs are just a group of players in blue & white shirts, the club has no culture anymore. To buy the bulk of the Manly coaching staff in the expectation it will bring a winning culture (any culture).... it won't happen.

ennis is right to use us as a model to emulate; they sure need one. they were awful last year. long may it continue ;-)

However they are going to go is probably going to be an improvement. At the very least they have bought hope and an association with success with the new coach. I wish them whatever miserable luck with injuries and unforeseen dramas such as we copped over 2009-10 that can possibly happen. As I do all of our opponents. Beyond that I'm over the hasler drama now he's gone. it's just self-defeating for the club to hang onto it now they've gotten rid of him and not had to pay him out. It was probably done as neatly as it could be in retrospect. thanks des for the premierships and the work in putting us back at the top of the tree. But now you are a bulldog (shudder) I hope you get speeding tickets going over the spit bridge on a regular basis.

We have to concentrate from now on (finally) on what we can do to 'lengthen our line'. Key is sorting out the finances and the club management/politics. fixing brookie oval next. Above all, don't give the media anything else to work with!

We don't play at home till round 6 or 7 next year, so the task will be tough for the new coaching team. I'd think 3 from the first 6 would be a good result. We have an excellent squad still. Players like Lussick, robinson, oldfield, mauro moving into established topgraders and another season with the nucleus of the stewarts, lyon, kite, king, watmough, and the young halves, t-rex and wolfman.

If we get a bit smarter behind the scenes, and have some patience on the field, we should have a good year. if we get to the playoffs, we will be a major obstacle for anyone again.

If we get everything right we should be able to retain most of the players we need to stay a major competitor beyond that.

Ennis is a media ho, only a week ago he threw all his weight behind Dymock to stay head coach for 2012. Suddenly now he wants his team to be Manly hahaha

Operation "Be Like Manly"

Step 1: Head down to the beach for some sandhill work, followed by a well deserved refreshing dip in the ocean.

Step 2: Arrive back to the training field and start training drills.... What, you're still on step 1? What do you mean Military Road is a car park?

Step 3: Give up and accept that you are the low life rotten club you really are.

there is only 1 Manly.
Are there any local juniors in Dogs top 17 for next season? For the club that is grown it seems to of lost everything.

mickyj said:
For the club that is grown it seems to of lost everything.
The club has grown. In love with Manly.

It is about time the NRL gave the fans what they wanted, getting rid of the dogs was a good step, forming a second Manly was a master stroke. Think I will still support the original though.

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
BOZO said:
Shoe1 said:
Dymock sued the dogs once too.
Mate, its dog eat dog out belmore way.

And watch the fans turn if Hasler and Co do not have almost instant success.

Hasler has taken a big gamble going there, it could all quite possibly come crashing down around him.

A dishonourable shepard leading poor quality cattle to the pits of despair - the excuse book will be regurgitated 500 times by seasons end.
As for Ennis, the blokes a pesty grub who is better at being the annoying mozzie than talking sense with the media.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7