Enjoy the new site

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The later versions of ie are better but still not good. Firefox lost me when they went to a rapid release model, the browser became a beast. I switched to chrome at that point and have never had an issue. I believe Firefox eventually returned to sanity and the product is much better than what it became around 2011/2012.

Internet explorer is only really food for downloading chrome or Firefox ;)

Hope it works out @Dan thoughts with you guys.

@Brookie @Rodo
are you guys sure?

I mean it's there. Click on the 'generic' head at the top right hand side of any page....
Then click on the 'personal details' option

Then right under the avatar info.... it says "custom title" And there's a text box to type whatever you want it.

I've changed mine as you all can see.

i still cant see it?
is it the status message thing?

i still cant see it?
is it the status message thing?

Nah, it is under "Avatar" and called "custom title" (2 under status message thing)

BUT Dan said that it was only appearing for those who paid for premium membership....and he'll fix it up soon.

I think the last part is correct @Dan

I hate the look, I hate how it's too different. The code runs more slowly, everything takes longer. It taxes the processor in my phone, which gets hot while surfing the forum. I,m pointing out the elephant in the room !
Dan, restore our old 'working, Free' forum.

I'm still getting used to the new format. I can't say it is appreciably quicker for me, certainly not noticable anyway.

I am struggling with the "whiteness" of the new format. Seems very little deliniation. Also I don't know whether it is just me, but is the font smaller ?? Maybe my eyes are fading quicker than I thought but i find it hard to read a lot of the text. I have no hope on seeing signatures and most of the text down the RHS.

I hate the look, I hate how it's too different. The code runs more slowly, everything takes longer. It taxes the processor in my phone, which gets hot while surfing the forum. I,m pointing out the elephant in the room !
Dan, restore our old 'working, Free' forum.

Interesting, I don't get any of these issues. Though I suspect this is not so much code base as the larger parts the forum has to download for this theme. I am working on a new "Mobile Only" theme to make that better and will probably enable forumrunner or tapatalk soon as well

The new site is way to slow. I feel like I'm on dial up when visiting the page and I've got cable 100mbs. l do like the Times when last post was posted but thaats about it

The new site is way to slow. I feel like I'm on dial up when visiting the page and I've got cable 100mbs. l do like the Times when last post was posted but thaats about it
Very bizarre that it is slow for you guys, it is lightening fast for me even at work and my work only has an 8mbps connection and the data has to travel all the way from perth to Amsterdam.

For anyone having slowness issues, please let me know your browser, browser version and operating system.

Personally I am on a macbook air with latest version of chrome.

I may need to get you guys to do some benchmarking. The page takes less than a second to generate and our page speed rankings are pretty good

Very bizarre that it is slow for you guys, it is lightening fast for me even at work and my work only has an 8mbps connection and the data has to travel all the way from perth to Amsterdam.

For anyone having slowness issues, please let me know your browser, browser version and operating system.

Personally I am on a macbook air with latest version of chrome.

I may need to get you guys to do some benchmarking. The page takes less than a second to generate and our page speed rankings are pretty good
Im running an I7-4700 @2.4ghz 32GB of DDR3-2133n 2x 256gb ssd a 1 tb hdd and a GeForce gtx 780 4gb of dedicated graphics.
I've tried Firefox, chrome, IE and safari on my daughters Mac and still the same problems

Really odd, does the page lock up, or when you say slow, is it just that the adverts are loading so it looks like the page is still loading?

We do load all of the javascript asynchronously which means it shouldn't lock the page, it will just load it and continue going. For me the entire page load takes about 3 seconds

Really odd, does the page lock up, or when you say slow, is it just that the adverts are loading so it looks like the page is still loading?

We do load all of the javascript asynchronously which means it shouldn't lock the page, it will just load it and continue going. For me the entire page load takes about 3 seconds
Sometimes I can't scroll through a page for aboabortion 30 sec. I know it's not a big thing but I'm just used to the speeds i have I guess

Sometimes I can't scroll through a page for aboabortion 30 sec. I know it's not a big thing but I'm just used to the speeds i have I guess
30 seconds is certainly abnormal and not anything I can produce in benchmarking. Do you have any caching set in your browser, not that is should matter as the footprint of the client side data is very small, a few kb,

Like I say for me it takes a few seconds if that to load.

I just enabled server side caching which should make it faster, but really shouldn't have any effect because again it sounds like it is client side JS loading

Also if you have an antivirus or firewall can you please disable it for a second and see if it is faster, it may be that it is being filtered through there every time.

Also try clearing your cache on your system, there is a good chance that old cache from the old system is interfering with the new system and you are getting conflicts

30 seconds is certainly abnormal and not anything I can produce in benchmarking. Do you have any caching set in your browser, not that is should matter as the footprint of the client side data is very small, a few kb,

Like I say for me it takes a few seconds if that to load.

I just enabled server side caching which should make it faster, but really shouldn't have any effect because again it sounds like it is client side JS loading

Also if you have an antivirus or firewall can you please disable it for a second and see if it is faster, it may be that it is being filtered through there every time.

Also try clearing your cache on your system, there is a good chance that old cache from the old system is interfering with the new system and you are getting conflicts
Since the page had an error for 30secs I've not had a problem. Not sure if u changed anything but it's a world of improvement. Thanks heaps mate if u sorted it out

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
No probs with speed for me @Dan

Just using google chrome. (I don't log on with the mobile)

I'd like each persons posts to be a little more compact (sometimes I only get 1 reply per screen) but it just means a little more scrolling.

It'd be good to see how many likes people have given as well as received.....just to know how much karma iis on their way. (first worl request)

Other than that....all is well for this moose.

No probs with speed for me @Dan

Just using google chrome. (I don't log on with the mobile)

I'd like each persons posts to be a little more compact (sometimes I only get 1 reply per screen) but it just means a little more scrolling.

It'd be good to see how many likes people have given as well as received.....just to know how much karma iis on their way. (first worl request)

Other than that....all is well for this moose.

Agree re scrolling too Id like it to be a little more condensed.

Also regarding likes, take a look at your profile on the right, it shows likes given/received

Can we get a link at the bottom of each page back to Rugby League Forum - I used to use that all the time.

Also regarding likes, take a look at your profile on the right, it shows likes given/received

blow me down with a tooth pick....I can see likes received....but not likes given. Plus I was meaning being able to see....that bugger jatz doesn't give likes so bad karma to him....etc.

Meh....this is a first world prob of all 1st world probs! - Hope your boy is a-ok!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6