Enjoy the new site

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Its all good they all transferred over automatically anyway. They are just hidden until you click show all watched threads. Change is good, especially when its to an amazing forum like this, very modern and lots of functionality. Once again great job mate!!!
ah cool

This software has about every top requested feature in it so hopefully that = happiness :)

What other hidden gems are here that we don't know about

explore my friend explore.....

We use xenforo now so look on their site, some very cool feature, much more social and much more aimed at being a total site. I will be adding enhancements as we go but need to get the tipping comp ready first as that funds all this for each year.

I have received some donations in the last few days and I have about $100 to spend on new features and about $300 - $400 (if no one tells my wife) to spend on tipping comp prizes

Dan

@Berlkely_Eagle you should link your account to facebook and twitter as well as look at your profile, the profile now is massively important on this site now. I want to add some group building features too so we can get QLD fans, Hill fans etc all linked up on the site and building that sort of supporter base

Good job Danny boy, looks great. Will take a little while to get up to speed but I like the look and feel of it so far. How you manage all thiis with a full time job and a young family is mind boggling to me.

Good job Danny boy, looks great. Will take a little while to get up to speed but I like the look and feel of it so far. How you manage all thiis with a full time job and a young family is mind boggling to me.

I was meant to fly to Vegas this morning for a work conference, but gave it all up as I wanted to spend that time working on the site and with my wife and kids.

THough I was up until about 4am yesterday doing the site, its a struggle but its a passion. I just want to provide the best possible place for all us Sea Eagles nuts and grow our groups to really be the best NRL supporters that there are, so each step I take is a step toward that goal

Thanks Dan. Really wonderful work on a site that's become a real part of my life.
Oh, and really no need to spend money on tipping comp prizes. My very best effort saw me coming 64th last year and not holding much hope for 2015. But I will play dammit!

Thanks Dan for all your hard work on keeping Silvertails going. The new site is a very different to the last one and a nice change. It will take a while (as any new site does) to get use to but I'm sure it won't be long before everyone will have forgotten the old site and this new one will become second nature. Cheers mate.

Hey Dan,
Is there still a function similar to the 'alerts; one on the old site where you can se if someone has replied to you specific post?
Probably obvious, but I can't see it. Thanks.

Hey Dan,
Is there still a function similar to the 'alerts; one on the old site where you can se if someone has replied to you specific post?
Probably obvious, but I can't see it. Thanks.
Top right of the page there is a little ballon like image that has red numbers next to it, that shows the alerts and also links out to your various profile options

By the way, PM's (Private Messages) are now called "Conversations" and you can find a link to them in your profile page as well (top RH corner of page). They seem a slightly different set up to the old system but I'm sure equally as functional, I haven't looked into it too much yet.

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
Most of at programming is done like this now, with this guy attached to me

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    525.6 KB · Views: 11
Thanks for the work Dan, yea, will take a bit of getting used to the new layout etc., hopefully the format / code is improved/more efficient/easier to tweak for you.

Still no "Other Sports" section tho?

Been away for a couple of days so just having a look at the new design now. Looks great.
I think we might need a Silvertails Swear Jar.

Thanks for the work Dan, yea, will take a bit of getting used to the new layout etc., hopefully the format / code is improved/more efficient/easier to tweak for you.

Still no "Other Sports" section tho?

There is for a few sports but no general catch all other sports

doesn't take long for the spambots to see that by registering and updating their status....their web address gets on the front page.

I'm sure you've seen it but I shouldn't assume anything with sleep deprived new dads!

party on

Yup they are pretty savage, I am looking at mitigation steps at the moment

Dan - can we skip to latest message on threads, or is page by page the only option? I'm scrolling and scrolling to get there...

Great job Dan. Getting more and more use to the new site. Love it

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7