English lesson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fro

First Grader
Please can we start using the right word.

a•verse
–adjective
having a strong feeling of opposition, antipathy, repugnance, etc.; opposed

ad•verse
–adjective
1. unfavorable or antagonistic in purpose or effect: adverse criticism.
2. opposing one's interests or desire: adverse circumstances.
3. being or acting in a contrary direction; opposed or opposing: adverse winds.
4. opposite; confronting: the adverse page.

While we are at it, it's "Lose", not "Loose".

We did not loose the game on the weekend.

This one comes up all the time.

I am fan-based website education averse, and worry about the adverse effects of this post....or is that affects?

we are not all highly educated  like yourself fro! even some manly supporters have learning difficulties.
some people would be to scared to have a say on here, in fear of being ridiculed by people like yourself.

spelling and grammar have nothing to do with some1 IQ level, not that you said anything about anyone's IQ but its how you make them feel.

for a  start ip, how do you know my education level? it's actually at a lower level than many other posters on here, but thats irrelevant.

If some people are scared by me, they need to toughen up a bit, I'm not in the slightest bit scary.

If you had been here longer than 5 minutes and read a few threads you would know that this spelling and grammar crap is what I am (rightly or wrongly) known for on here, and that most of my stuff is with my tongue planted firmly in my cheek.

Yes I am not above having a crack at people, but usually those people are those that are capable of giving as good as they get.

Your accusations of bullying are a joke, and offensive, and dont dress them up, thats exactly what you are saying.

Toughen up or lighten up, your choice, if you dont do one or the other you won't last long.

It's a joke FFS.

FFS its a footy forum
not criteria for a uni assignment

be assured fro next year when i go and finish my degree you will be the first one i email to proof read my assignments ok

clontaago link said:
[quote author=inside pass link=topic=182792.msg256495#msg256495 date=1269308487]
even some manly supporters have learning difficulties.

Yeah but Cambo still posts here.
[/quote]
funny man not

Fro link said:
for a  start ip, how do you know my education level? it's actually at a lower level than many other posters on here, but thats irrelevant.

If some people are scared by me, they need to toughen up a bit, I'm not in the slightest bit scary.

If you had been here longer than 5 minutes and read a few threads you would know that this spelling and grammar crap is what I am (rightly or wrongly) known for on here, and that most of my stuff is with my tongue planted firmly in my cheek.

Yes I am not above having a crack at people, but usually those people are those that are capable of giving as good as they get.

Your accusations of bullying are a joke, and offensive, and dont dress them up, thats exactly what you are saying.

Toughen up or lighten up, your choice, if you dont do one or the other you won't last long.

It's a joke FFS.
sorry mate , i guess i am a bit touchy on this subject. i'll be right, think ill toughen up :) sorry again

no worries Cam, you'll be better educated than me, but I'm happy to help out :)

It's all good ip

Cambo link said:
be assured fro next year when i go and finish my degree you will be the first one i email to proof read my assignments ok

Is this the degree you started in 1995...

I'll give you an applaud for this Fro.

Yes, it's a footy forum but that doesn't make it necessary to kill the English language. Besides, it's pretty hard to keep up the arrogant, elitist persona that we Eagles fans like to portray if a certain element insist on defending their rights to drop the grammatical ball.

My bad on the a(d)verse, guilty as charged.

While you are on a roll Fro, perhaps you could hawk your services to Fox Sports and sit Laurie Daley down and finally teach the imbecile the correct use of the words "did" and "done".  If you done that I'd be a happy man.

Duff link said:

Yes, it's a footy forum but that doesn't make it necessary to kill the English language. Besides, it's pretty hard to keep up the arrogant, elitist persona that we Eagles fans like to portray if a certain element insist on defending their rights to drop the grammatical ball.
;D you do have a very good point there.

Duff link said:

coming from a man who drinks black beer
u suck duff :p

clontaago link said:
[quote author=Cambo link=topic=182792.msg256506#msg256506 date=1269309903]

Is this the degree you started in 1995...
[/quote]2005 actually

in 1995 i started a arts/humantitys degree soon realised what a load a **** that was and got out and worked in the real world

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2