End of Year awards for 2015

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member

Best win – putting 40 on the Broncos after Toovey's sacking was confirmed

Most ruthless action – dumping Ballin

Most awkward moment – watching Toovey blindsided on NRL 360

Most awkward 3 months – DCE leaving/oscillating/backflipping

Best recruitment – Fulton as consultant

Silliest owner manoeuvre – the new life memberships

Oh well .... Happy New Year!!

That win over the Broncs was a classic.

If I was to vote on best player for 2015 I'd have Jake T, I thought he was outstanding.

For 'Dignity under Pressure' who else but Tooves. To put up with what he did and walk away without back slamming a few people was pure class, and pure Tooves.

Best win – putting 40 on the Broncos after Toovey's sacking was confirmed

Most ruthless action – dumping Ballin

Most awkward moment – watching Toovey blindsided on NRL 360

Most awkward 3 months – DCE leaving/oscillating/backflipping

Best recruitment – Fulton as consultant

Silliest owner manoeuvre – the new life memberships

Oh well .... Happy New Year!!

Most awkward moment for me that photo with ZtH sticking his hand out to shake 2V's hand after the sacking presser.

Best win for me was round 26, the perfect send off to the coach and most of the departing team.

I won't comment on the owners otherwise @The Wheel will no doubt grant me another dummy spit or troll award.

Yes bring on 2016 , perhaps if we start winning we can talk footy and not bicker on here depending on which side you have chosen.

Best win: The demolition of the donkeys and then destroying the vermin back to back.

Worst Defeat: Losing at whingerland in round 1 and then round 24. Round 1 when we knew that DCE has signed with gold coast and Foran was going to the whiningr worms. So hard to sit there watching Whatmough and his mob destroy us without a whimper and later on seeing them destroy our last chance to make the finals when we committed suicide on the day.

Worst moment: Where do you start? I think it has to be the sacking of Toovey and the flimsy and pathetic excuses used to justify it, the writing was on the was in March when he was exposed on national TV by the owners over the DCE contract farce

Biggest disappointment: In a nutshell it was Foran who gave up on our club in mid 2014 and 2015 and played like he didnt want to be at our club. The club moved heaven and earth to keep him and he strung us along before the truth came about his defection. In my 40 rears of supporting Manly have i been as gutted as I was when he signed with them of all teams.

Shining lights: The Turbo brothers who lifted the gloom and inspired hope for the future, Our Holden cup team who went from easy beats only 18 months ago to grand finalists. A massive achievement.

What the club must improve on. That we must have a united and functional board which sets the platform for the coaching staff and team to be able to perform, that the club must back the coach and give him time to build a team. That the club must improve its communication with the fans and members. Finally to respect all opinions within the club and not seek to wipe out opposition.

Have a great new year folks, See you all in 2016!

Best Win is the squad that has been assembled for 2016. We did it in mere months while other clubs *cough Penrith* push their rebuilds out for years. Deadwood gone. New blood in. Nothing tops that after the pathetic season we endured in 2015...

Worst Defeat: Losing at whingerland in round 1 and then round 24. Round 1 when we knew that DCE has signed with gold coast and Foran was going to the whiningr worms. So hard to sit there watching Whatmough and his mob destroy us without a whimper and later on seeing them destroy our last chance to make the finals when we committed suicide on the day.
That defeat by Parra at Brookie was diabolical. We had everything to play for and we turned in an insipid effort to kill what little hope was left for 2015. Crap day, crap game. Writing was on the wall from previous week when we stumbled to a win over the raiders despite our best efforts to lose that one as well. Unfortunately we followed up the Parra rubbish with a totally uncommitted and weak performance against the Roosters, which I think was our biggest flogging of the year ..... great farewell to Brookie that was. Summed up by departing players not even bothering to acknowledge the crowd, cursory wave on the way to the dressing sheds. Seeya !!!

Best Win - Smashing the GF bound Donkeys 44-14 in Gosford. That win and the 28-8 win the next week over Souffs at Brookie put fear into the top 8 that Manly were coming home with a wet sail.

Worst Loss - Losing 16-20 to the Speels at home in Round 24 when we had everything to play for was hard to take, especially as we'd won our previous 4 games to get ourselves into finals contention (which included the wins over Brisbane and Souffs).

Gutsiest performance of the Year - The 32-12 win over the Warriors in Auckland. We lost Matai, Burgess and T-Red on the day and still won. Ok sure, the Warriors also lost Johnson for the season in that game, but we had their measure even before his injury.

Best Signing - On-field I would say Walker. He's 21 and has a big future ahead of him. Keeping DCE was also a good thing. Off-field, well I guess he was always with the club, but bringing back Bozo to run things seems to have been a good move.

Biggest Player Loss - For me its a tie between Gutho and Hiku. Both young guns who could have been staples in the Manly backline for the next decade.

Paul Vautin "Give yourself an uppercut" award - The club itself for its treatment of Tooves. The way Matty Ballin was let go after signing a contract extension was also on the nose.

Player of the Year - I can't decide between Snake and Jake.

Rookie of the Year - No contest, Jake Trbojevic be a country mile. In just one season this kid has proven himself to be the best defensive front rower in the NRL.

Hit of the Year - Steve "Shoulders" Matai on Souffs prop Dave Tyrrell at ANZ Stadium.

Flop signing of the Year - Luke Burgess. We definitely got the wrong Burgess brother. How he wasn't one of the 14 who were told they could look for another club is beyond me.

The "Don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out" award - Kieran Foran. For 5 1/2 years he was one of our best players. But the last 18 months of his time here was complete BS. Sooked over the club not offering Gifty a contract and then played with little heart or desire after that.

"I think I'm the Puppet Master" award - Zorba. I wish he would just retire and sit at home eating his pies and drinking his uzo. The guy is a cancer on the club.

Now you see him, now you don't - Brenton Lawrence. Outed in round 1 and hasn't been sighted in first grade since

That's all I can think of for now.

Last edited:
That win over the Broncs was a classic.

If I was to vote on best player for 2015 I'd have Jake T, I thought he was outstanding.

For 'Dignity under Pressure' who else but Tooves. To put up with what he did and walk away without back slamming a few people was pure class, and pure Tooves.
No, he SHOULD have backslammed some people on the way out.;)

Best Win is the squad that has been assembled for 2016. We did it in mere months while other clubs *cough Penrith* push their rebuilds out for years. Deadwood gone. New blood in. Nothing tops that after the pathetic season we endured in 2015...
Bit premo this - but we have a better forward pack this coming season. We'll have to wait & see how we go with a rookie coach who hasn't coached a first grade side. I'm hopeful though.

Bit premo this - but we have a better forward pack this coming season. We'll have to wait & see how we go with a rookie coach who hasn't coached a first grade side. I'm hopeful though.
True but I'd rather we did what we did than improve incrementally.

What do people think is better - Foran for the 1.4M Parra are paying him, or 1.4M spread across Myles, Tapau and Walker..?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4