Elgey's worth ......... Don't pay overs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Agreed, apart from the attraction of Joey coaching him there's not much more.

Surely you're not serious. We shouldn't be throwing away our history over a few bad weeks of football. Lets not forget this is one of the most succesful clubs in the rugby league world NRL and we are located in possibly the best place to live in Australia. Despite our current predicament, one thing is certain, they won't keep us down for long. Players come and go, rules change, owners change. The only thing that is consistant in the NRL is that nine times out of ten, Manly will always be thereabouts come September. Joey Johns is the least important part of our sales pitch because our record speaks for itself.

Manly is to the NRL like what Manchester United is to the EPL. We expect success and we usually get it. Any young and up and coming halfback that is offered a chance to come at play at the mighty Manly Sea Eagles should be jumping at the chance because they may not get the opportunity ever again. Especially one stuck playing for an under acheiving team like the Titans.

DCE is worth 3 Elgeys, so I doubt hes a 500k player yet.
I like the boy, but not for 500k. Myles 500k sure, Elgey 300-350 tops.

Now I'd like to make a play for Ryan James in 2017, but that's another story.

Doubtful, need to offer big overs now 550.

We only need to outbid the Titans by enough to make it interesting for him. It seems like it's down to them or us, and if the Titans are throwing over a million at DCE then they really can't afford to offer Elgey stupid money.

He isn't coming we can put this to bed. He hasn't even shown any inclination that he wants to leave the GC unlike our two who I never heard utter they wanted to stay he has made it clear he wants to stay even when they signed DCE.

He was supposedly meant to come down and check out our facilities that didn't even eventuate I fear we will waste our money on Hodkinson as the dogs don't seem to want him.

I'm not bagging Elgey (or us) if he wants to stay at his home club and be shunted to 5/8 in DCE's team than so be it.

With Myles going it has made it easier for GC to keep Elgey.

Last edited:
if he wants to stay at his home club and be shunted to 5/8 in DCE's team than so be it.
I don't think it would be seen by Kane or his management as a shunting, if anything, they'd be wanting him to play second fiddle to a dominant half so early in his career. The last thing a 21 year old kid needs is the pressure of being Manly's marquee signing and dominate half. He can stay on the GC and learn off one of the best, without the pressure, and eventually take over the reigns being 5-6 years younger than Daly.

I don't think it would be seen by Kane or his management as a shunting, if anything, they'd be wanting him to play second fiddle to a dominant half so early in his career. The last thing a 21 year old kid needs is the pressure of being Manly's marquee signing and dominate half. He can stay on the GC and learn off one of the best, without the pressure, and eventually take over the reigns being 5-6 years younger than Daly.

It's shunting when you have played half all your life and now you are put to 5/8 but good luck to the guy if he backs himself.

Either way it's going to be sold by the media as another player we have missed out on and the question is what options are left it's looking like slim pickings.

It's shunting when you have played half all your life and now you are put to 5/8 but good luck to the guy if he backs himself.

Either way it's going to be sold by the media as another player we have missed out on and the question is what options are left it's looking like slim pickings.
It's just a number on a jersey, he plays on the left and DCE plays on the right.

It's just a number on a jersey, he plays on the left and DCE plays on the right.
Very simplistic the same thing we were told when we signed Field.

It's way more than that ask Ricky Stuart and Allan Langer they were tried as half and 5/8 a few times in test football and it never worked.

Anyway that's GC problem not ours currently we have no half or 5/8 lol

He isn't coming we can put this to bed. He hasn't even shown any inclination that he wants to leave the GC unlike our two who I never heard utter they wanted to stay he has made it clear he wants to stay even when they signed DCE.

He was supposedly meant to come down and check out our facilities that didn't even eventuate I fear we will waste our money on Hodkinson as the dogs don't seem to want him.

I'm not bagging Elgey (or us) if he wants to stay at his home club and be shunted to 5/8 in DCE's team than so be it.

With Myles going it has made it easier for GC to keep Elgey.

Mavin, DCE has said all along his preference was to stay at Manly.
Manly didn't show him the l$ve, so he signed with the tits.

Whatever scrub 1/2 we end up with, it will never replace a D$E.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6