ELGEY

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This fiasco is getting worse by the day, as it stands we will be lucky to field a NSW cup side on 2016 let alone an NRL side.

How the **** can a club disintegrate in such a short time!
Yeah, it is staggering isn't. How did it all turn to **** so quickly? July last year we were heading for the minor premiership and many "experts" were tipping us to be Premiers less than a year later we are at the bottom and not looking like winning a game in the near future. The worrying thing is that we can't even seem to be able to sign anyone decent. I hope we just don't sign crap players out of desperation. This is going to make the good times when they come better.

If this is true, and I have no reason to doubt you, then Kelly and Penn need to pull the farken heads out of their arses. Jokers the pair of them.
They have to have a plan to be revealed at a later date .... I hope. I can't believe they are as incompetent as what they are coming across at the moment. Blind hope or benefit of the doubt from me at the moment. If they are really incompetent then **** me.

A fortnight a go he was joining us he was excited by the offer but more so the first shot at half back.

But after more talks with Henry and Tas (his manager on Sunday ) he has been persuaded that if Toovey is not the coach next season then he could get a coach who doesn't rate him (which is understandable).

I can assure everyone it's not about dollars as the GC offer is lower (don't know exact dollars as is none of my business)

Joe certainly can't be blamed for this one it comes down to the rumours (correct or not) surrounding the coaching.

He was keen to be coached by both Toovey and Johns (international halves) but no assurances could be given (understandable) that either or both would be involved in 2016.
This doesn't ring true to me. May get shafted by another coach who has other plans? He would barely know Toovey and we're unlikely to pay top dollar for him and then play him in Reserves. He's not one won the TC player of the year cos he's a plonked.
Can't believe people on here saying he'd be mad to come. Have some pride FFS!

I wouldn't be giving up on the young bloke yet. Amazing what a few extra dollars might do(whether that would be the right thing is another conversation entirely) And I love Tooves but does anyone seriously think a young player right now would make Toovey being the coach a dealbreaker.

I wouldn't be giving up on the young bloke yet. Amazing what a few extra dollars might do(whether that would be the right thing is another conversation entirely) And I love Tooves but does anyone seriously think a young player right now would make Toovey being the coach a dealbreaker.
Its not as far fetched as a Premiership Winning, International half demanding to be coached by a former Cairns Cup Coach :cool:

LG is probably reading Silvertails in earnest and is aware that Brookie will burn, Cumberland Oval style, if 2v is made a scapegoat :D

Haven't posted for a couple of days. So Manly mightn't get the Elgey kid. Are we really worried about that?
If he comes, good. If not someone else will. Things are bad for us right now.
It may take a while but it'll get better.
@Wombat64 your spoon avatar freaks me out. So far there's no spoons at Manly and there's a still a long way to this season.
Winning streak starting soon......maybe...:)

Just an observation.

I think some people are more excited whinging about the lack of signings and reporting that "no one would sign with Manly unless they were a total loser", than they would be if we actually announced quality signings.

Haven't posted for a couple of days. So Manly mightn't get the Elgey kid. Are we really worried about that?
If he comes, good. If not someone else will. Things are bad for us right now.
It may take a while but it'll get better.
@Wombat64 your spoon avatar freaks me out. So far there's no spoons at Manly and there's a still a long way to this season.
Winning streak starting soon......maybe...:)
The spoon goes when we get off the bottom .... won't be long.... it's never coming our way. Never!

We might be **** at the moment but they are a good chance of winning the premiership with us than someone else throughout the careers.... we win at least once every decade. We might be down but we are not out. Even with these dick heads running the show we wont get the spoon and we'll be back and winning the whole show again within 5 to 7 years. Glory is our destiny and our right!

Read a bit more mate. Not wanting to dampen your enthusiasm, but TPA's are now the deciders of premierships. Not history.

Stench or the end of one era and the beginning of another? We've got a lot of aging talent that is either moving on or finshing up, with our halves not wanting to be a part of the rebuild. They took the money elsewhere and so be it. A few key signings and they will look like fools. Foz especially as Parra will dump Arthur soon enough and all he will have is his money and his dear friend Choc.

I like what your saying, but your missing the point.

This isn't about FOZ or DCE for that matter, its about kids, the management and the stench of the team that will linger long past the million dollar babies departures.

Takes years to build a culture, takes 6 months to destroy it.

This was always the risk when we pulled the offer to dce without foran committing that if they both left it would stuff our season and then put pressure on the coach and club and make the place not very attractive so we would be better off paying overs to sign average players.

I think Kelly and penn are out of their depth here. They thought all this signing stuff would be easy and they are being found out.

Its a blessing in disguise to not have so much cap tied up in these guy (s).

Whether it was an intentional management decision or not is debatable.

I saw dce at the mall today with his fam. I know this ain't gunna happen but he would reneg in a minute if we offered him more than the Coast. His wife is from the northern beaches as if she wants to go to the gold coast away from her family with very young kids. Well I assume she wouldn't.

Just heard DCE on 2UE and you could hear the disappointment in his voice at the results and really made a plea for the fans to rally around the team. He was in full support of Tooves and said that he deserves time to get his full team on the field before any talk of his job on the line.

Gibbsy asked him about if he thought he would ever leaved Manly and DCE basically said he loves it at Manly, not just the club but everything outside of it and that a couple of months ago he didn't see himself leaving. So i think if the management did up the offer he would reneg. Pipe dream stuff but off that interview with Gibbsy i back him for this season because you could hear how much he wants to turn it around in his voice.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2