ELGEY

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Elgey will not be joining us not because of the offer Joe has and the club has made (which is substantially better offer then GC) he has also been offered the first shot at half back.

In the meetings with Joe and his manager Tas he has been impressed with Joe but the problem is Tas and Kane have both heard the mail that Toovey will not be the coach next season.

He doesn't want to sign and have a new coach come in with different plans which don't include him so he is going to stay at the GC for lower money.

My sauce is I know the Kane's uncle and I can assure you the offer we have made him is a very strong offer.

This coaching thing has to be sorted out and the whiteanting of Toovey has to stop either back him or sack him as this is having a bigger impact on our recruitment than Joe.
It just confirms the basket case we are at the moment.

Who would want to come here not knowing if Toovey is going to be around in 2 games or next season.

Penn's article has done more damage than he knows. Either support the coach for the rest of his contract or get rid of him now.

Penn's article has done more damage than he knows. Either support the coach for the rest of his contract or get rid of him now.

110%

And the reason Siezer went to Canberra, and the reason why we are being overlooked at present.

Until this **** is sorted out we will be signing ZERO new players, unless they are absolute rejects who can't get a run with 15 other clubs.

It just confirms the basket case we are at the moment.

Who would want to come here not knowing if Toovey is going to be around in 2 games or next season.

Very True, for a young guy to pack up and leave when your potential future employer seems very dis organised and unsure who will be in charge no one would sign until that is sorted out and a clear direction in the clubs future is established. Don't blame him tbh as the CEO says one thing and within the same week the owner contradicts it. Lets face it they better get that back office in order quick smart or we will be lucky to hang onto the young players within the club let alone any new faces..

110%

And the reason Siezer went to Canberra, and the reason why we are being overlooked at present.

Until this **** is sorted out we will be signing ZERO new players, unless they are absolute rejects who can't get a run with 15 other clubs.

And even worse Gutherson and Tom T would be mad to sign with us.They should run for the lives (careers).

This brings me more confidence though. There is a junior movement happening and these are kids that the turbos would have played with and grown up with. There aren't a whole lot of fullback jobs available and tom is learning under snake and is the heir apparent.

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2015/04/13/junior_reps_update_.html

I'm excited to have talent coming through and their seems to be a desire to invest in it. SHORT TERM PAIN FOR LONG TERM GAIN

If I was the turbos managers, I would tell them to GTFO of Manly tbh.

The stench in the team is overriding 10 years of glory. Why would you put up with it when the Rorters and Dogs are gunning for your autograph.

Maybe that's what it will take to get the message through to the fat leak and biro boy.

Elgey has the choice of playing behind $CE in the Reggies In the Titans and being the " back up boy" only or probably playing half all year in one of the great Sydney clubs.

Now, gee that is a hard decision isn't it!!

Teehee....you said 'behind', 'back up boy', and 'gee that is...hard' in the same post. Were you subconsciously thinking of Moondogs post when you did that? ;)

The stench in the team is overriding 10 years of glory. Why would you put up with it when the Rorters and Dogs are gunning for your autograph.

Maybe that's what it will take to get the message through to the fat leak and biro boy.

We might be **** at the moment but they are a good chance of winning the premiership with us than someone else throughout the careers.... we win at least once every decade. We might be down but we are not out. Even with these dick heads running the show we wont get the spoon and we'll be back and winning the whole show again within 5 to 7 years. Glory is our destiny and our right!

It's good signs especially since we have struggled in the juniors in recent yrs. if that's where the club sees it's future then they should make that clear and go hell bent on securing them now as a hands off warning to rivals and acknowledge that's their plan so there is some direction.

The biggest problem fans have is the lack of communication on where the future direction lies for the club. Losing your two halves coming into their prime and non-stop talk about the future of Toovs is not good when you have a team struggling for wins and trying to re-build the team (which was going to happen at some stage).

At the very least Penn should have thrown his support behind Toovs not throw the whole results driven business line. There are factors beyond his control and at the very least should have the season to make something of it without anyone second guessing him. There are no good coaching options available anyway so it won't help the clubs cause to drop him now or before the seasons end. The timing of his useless interview couldn't have been worse.

I thought with the Penns buying out the ownership at least the back room would be united for once but it is probably as bad if not worse than before. Just disappointing as off field issues derailed our 2014 season and now it seems to be carrying into this season and potentially affecting 2016 recruitment also.

Really? I hope they both stay with us for a long time!!!

Stench or the end of one era and the beginning of another? We've got a lot of aging talent that is either moving on or finshing up, with our halves not wanting to be a part of the rebuild. They took the money elsewhere and so be it. A few key signings and they will look like fools. Foz especially as Parra will dump Arthur soon enough and all he will have is his money and his dear friend Choc.

Any chance of a move back to the more commonly used "source"" Desert Boot.It is starting to do my head in:}

? is a gee up surely:}

Sorry hadn't read all the thread.You no doubt have been alerted to this earlier.

This fiasco is getting worse by the day, as it stands we will be lucky to field a NSW cup side on 2016 let alone an NRL side.

How the **** can a club disintegrate in such a short time!

A fortnight a go he was joining us he was excited by the offer but more so the first shot at half back.

But after more talks with Henry and Tas (his manager on Sunday ) he has been persuaded that if Toovey is not the coach next season then he could get a coach who doesn't rate him (which is understandable).

I can assure everyone it's not about dollars as the GC offer is lower (don't know exact dollars as is none of my business)

Joe certainly can't be blamed for this one it comes down to the rumours (correct or not) surrounding the coaching.

He was keen to be coached by both Toovey and Johns (international halves) but no assurances could be given (understandable) that either or both would be involved in 2016.
If this is true, and I have no reason to doubt you, then Kelly and Penn need to pull the farken heads out of their arses. Jokers the pair of them.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8