ELGEY

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The pressure must be absolutely starting to mount for Joe Kelly. He needs to start delivering something soon.

I posted in the rumours thread that Elgey was a done deal but now I've been told that it has back flipped. Not sure what has happened but I was told today he is not coming to manly. Hope I'm wrong as I think he could develop well at manly.

If we got the English International and Carney, thats a MASSIVE upgrade on Elgey, who seems to me at least to be a poor mans Jeff Robson.

Here you go article that just went up on courior mail.

Apparently Henry said Titans have tabled a competitive offer to Elgey, but Manly have also tabled an offer.

Elgey stated he doesnt know where his future is and is trying ot play good footy until Mortimer returns.

The fact he is a GC junior, doenst help our cause, but if mortimor is stick around there wont be room for him. Interesting too see how this plays out.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...fback-kane-elgey/story-e6freon6-1227302246813

I don't know why our owner is the only owner doing interviews. I think he is mounting as much pressure on Joe as anyone with these interviews, we will secure the halves by Christmas & now not delivering the same vote of confidence in Tooves. As stated Penn's are rarely around the club and its Joe handling the day to day affairs. In his Q&A which I'm not totally sold on it seemed a bit scripted for me with the edits mid answer, been held away from the leagues club and majority of fans, was all a bit too controlled. He did give light to a few issues, I appreciate that and we can only take him for his word till he doesn't deliver. Penn sort of contradicts him and from the mail it is him who is seeking out other coaches. I think Penn needs to take a back seat, like Rusty had to early in his ownership days, and let Joe do what he has employed him to do.

Joe Kelley promised junior resignings by the end of this week in that interview, and im holding him to that.

Here you go article that just went up on courior mail.

Apparently Henry said Titans have tabled a competitive offer to Elgey, but Manly have also tabled an offer.

Elgey stated he doesnt know where his future is and is trying ot play good footy until Mortimer returns.

The fact he is a GC junior, doenst help our cause, but if mortimor is stick around there wont be room for him. Interesting too see how this plays out.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...fback-kane-elgey/story-e6freon6-1227302246813
Just read the article funny how titans have tabled an offer which sounds like a counter offer after manly put in a bid, that shows loyalty which may sway elgey to stay...why didnt we show loyalty like that joe f***** up with our halves bad, now we are getting desperate, so so sad what a club seriously he should he sacked this is a monumental f up on his behalf there is no forgiving him for this.WE JUST LOST THE BEST HALVES PAIRING IN THE NRL...anyone else feel this way? Angry.

Just read the article funny how titans have tabled an offer which sounds like a counter offer after manly put in a bid, that shows loyalty which may sway elgey to stay...why didnt we show loyalty like that joe f***** up with our halves bad, now we are getting desperate, so so sad what a club seriously he should he sacked this is a monumental f up on his behalf there is no forgiving him for this.WE JUST LOST THE BEST HALVES PAIRING IN THE NRL...anyone else feel this way? Angry.

Over it now, and excited to see the back end of them both. It will be good riddance for mine.

I really hope we never have to witness anything like this again in our club. This foran dce bullsh$$. Done my f$$king head in.

IKR !! BUT, how refreshing will it be, whether we are winning or losing to watch 17 players on the field, who you know, actually want to be there, and want to put in for each other.

Watching DCE, and Foran regress to mediocrity will make the enjoyment so much better when there is some pride and passion in our jersey again.

I just wish it was next week, and they were both gone now.

Yep agree it sux that we have to wait until next year. You'd have to think that at the moment with the team losing both prob can't wait to get out of the place.

I saw dce at the mall today with his fam. I know this ain't gunna happen but he would reneg in a minute if we offered him more than the Coast. His wife is from the northern beaches as if she wants to go to the gold coast away from her family with very young kids. Well I assume she wouldn't.

If Elgey is on the fence and we want him we set just going to have to offer him more coin or Another TPA or do so etching extra. If we want players we need to pay at the moment.

Yep agree it sux that we have to wait until next year. You'd have to think that at the moment with the team losing both prob can't wait to get out of the place.

I saw dce at the mall today with his fam. I know this ain't gunna happen but he would reneg in a minute if we offered him more than the Coast. His wife is from the northern beaches as if she wants to go to the gold coast away from her family with very young kids. Well I assume she wouldn't.
Girls like cars and money.

Joe Kelley promised junior resignings by the end of this week in that interview, and im holding him to that.
That is the vital thing now, failure to secure our great young players with the salary cap that is now available is an even bigger failure than not retaining 2 money hungry halves! Kelly has to get that done.

The bloke I know at the Titans management is not a waterboy. He is very senior. They think they are going to lose Elgey to Manly. He told me they had DCE when he was prancing around the clubs so make of that what you will.

He's a very young kid so anything is possible in the decision stakes I suppose but apparently they are almost resigned to losing him. I have seen the kid play a lot and he has a good future.

Over it now, and excited to see the back end of them both.
images.jpg

Elgey has the choice of playing behind $CE in the Reggies In the Titans and being the " back up boy" only or probably playing half all year in one of the great Sydney clubs.

Now, gee that is a hard decision isn't it!!

LG is quoted as saying that he wants to stay at home.
He looks like a school kid and living in a strange place, playing behind a weak pack, may just be too much pressure at this stage.

Manly's offer would force the GC offer up too for him

Sad state of affairs when we are pinning our hopes on an untried young kid who has shown very little in his three first grade games. It sounds like we have already offered him much more than he's worth.
Surely we have young guys coming through our ranks that want to play for Manly, and who have similar potential to this bloke!
Isn't our mantra that we don;t pay 'overs' for players?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4