Elgey signed?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Maybe the club is not so narrow minded as to only look for NRL regulars, or ex NRL players. Maybe they're scouring the SL and Q-Cup ranks also. Maybe they are talking to a very good "up and comer" as we type.

Maybe there will be a bit of a shock (a good shock) when they announce a signing or two. ;)

I think that you & @lsz need to be sent to the naughty corner for posting logical, rational posts.

Maybe the club is not so narrow minded as to only look for NRL regulars, or ex NRL players. Maybe they're scouring the SL and Q-Cup ranks also. Maybe they are talking to a very good "up and comer" as we type.

Maybe there will be a bit of a shock (a good shock) when they announce a signing or two. ;)

maybe there wont be

BAM!

lol people potting Scott, Myles, Thiaday etc

Our pack is an utter disgrace currently. We'd be blessed to get anyone who is actually of first grade standard let alone Origin and International standard. IMO only Buhrer and Ballin are worthy NRL starters (Jake T is getting close).

I shook my head the day we signed Ben Kennedy, and I am not saying anyone will do what BK did for us, but I learned a valuable lesson.

Last edited:
lol people potting Scott, Myles, Thiaday etc

Our pack is an utter disgrace currently. We'd be blessed to get anyone who is actually of first grade standard let alone Origin and International standard. IMO only Buhrer and Ballin a worthy NRL starters (Jake T is getting close).

I shook my head the day we signed Ben Kennedy, and I am not saying anyone will do what BK did for us, but I learned a valuable lesson.
Ben Kennedy did more for this club than many of our current and past "long serving" stars.

Jamie Lyon TC??
I'd say BK was the launchpad. Having him around showed Choc and Gift and the others in our pack what you need to do to win. Killer is more just having a great player on our side but BK seemed to instill something in them. Which is saying something considering we still had Beaver but maybe he's more a doer than a talker/leader.

Having said that I also think losing in 2007 did as well. It hardened them up and lit a collective fire.

Jamie Lyon TC??
Jamie Lyon is up there with Kennedy but in a different way---but without Ben Kennedy the success Manly has enjoyed over the last decade would not have happened.

Kennedy added that mental and physical toughness into our team especially the young forwards----and a never die attitude.

We so desperately need someone like him right now to stand up---the old Foran physical toughness and lead by example player we once knew (the leadership that turned the early season game against the Roosters way back in 2011 young Foran) would be nice but that is not going to happen and he is leaving anyway.

Jamie Lyon is up there with Kennedy but in a different way---but without Ben Kennedy the success Manly has enjoyed over the last decade would not have happened.

Kennedy added that mental and physical toughness into our team especially the young forwards----and a never die attitude.

We so desperately need someone like him right now to stand up---the old Foran physical toughness and lead by example player we once knew (the leadership that turned the early season game against the Roosters way back in 2011 young Foran) would be nice but that is not going to happen and he is leaving anyway.
So true ...... BK changed the team. Loved watching him play, not with us long but made a huge impact that lasted. Love to find someone like that now to lead the way for the young guys.

I'd give lewis brown and sika Manu a look. Both not super expensive and I think they would both be upgrades over the players they would replace. Don't lose them to origin either

I'd give lewis brown and sika Manu a look. Both not super expensive and I think they would both be upgrades over the players they would replace. Don't lose them to origin either
Sika Manu is a meat axe....I like him. I think we should be trying to assemble the biggest mongrels in the game. I don't care how hated or dirty these players are, I go to the football to watch my team bash the opposition.

You see DCE goal kicking in that clip and wonder how he ended up with only a 25/40 record before handing the job back to Killer in mid-season.....

And where did the Foran we (thought) we knew and loved go?

I've forgotten how good Foran really was, it's shame we haven't seen that kind of form for about 12 months now.
Also seriously, how good was that 2011 manly side? They'd have to be up there as one of our best teams ever

The biggest difference I see? Teamwork, coaching structure, effort and passion.

All of which are completely missing with these guys. That's a Hasler team compared to todays Toovey one.

If Foran continued to play with that same level of aggression in defence he would be missing every 3-4 games now, he had to ease up in that regard for the teams sake and to prolong his career.

Raiders paid 500k a year. F me, if we.we're.willing to offer both Foz n dce 9 how could we not be willing to give 5 for Sezer?

Kelly is Off his head.

A lot of concern re joe cool but lets wait and see what he comes up with… so far not much but surely working for Roman and Russel he must have something!! I'd settle for Elgey and someone else if it meant long term we got Tom and Sam burgess...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6