Election 2010, who do you think will win and why??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Canteen Worker link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=184174.msg278628#msg278628 date=1280115069]
If only someone could stand up for their convictions and espouse policy they really believe, they would attract me. [/quote]

Yeah, like John Howard! There was a leader.

CW are you hoping to be one of the 150 people on the ETS forum?  Didn't we elect a government and prime minister to make these decisions?  It will probably be as useful as Rudd's 2020 summit.  
The forum is a stupid idea with Gillard trying to have a foot in each camp.

I am sick of the election campaign. Fro is right. What galls me is that both parties spend all their time trying to spin based on market research in seats like Penrith. If only someone could stand up for their convictions and espouse policy they really believe, they would attract me. If I hear Abbott tack "We will stop the boats" once more into any answer to any question, I will spew. The other lot aren't much better.
[/quote]

Agree.  It is going to be a long 4 weeks.   

Politics is philosophy.

All you people do is talk about candidates & policy.

It's irrelevant. To be political is to have a theoretical stance on the good of humanity & existance. This crap about tax & business has to stop.

If you vote for a party based on what they offer you & your situation, you're a gold digger. The whole thing proves why the common man shouldn't have the vote. I'm not up for sale. I'll vote for whoever best represents my philosphy, as an intellectual being. I'll vote to support you idiots, but I'll get the sh1ts when you screw yourselves over basing it on flashy advertising campaigns.

I hear the ranga didn't support the $30 increase for pensioners, Why you ask. Her mentality was that pensioners don't vote labor... go figure.

byso link said:
So labor suites your philosophy?

Talking to you is like talking to a brick wall Byso. How many times do I have to spell out that I'm not a Labor supporter, they're just closer to being correct than the Tories are?

To me it's a choice between evil & the unknown. I'll take the unknown if that's my only options.

Give me something to work with here Byso. I'd much rather spend my time bashing the Lib's than defending Labor.

I think either way we're voting for a giant douche or a turd sandwich

If the libs add Brookie to the agenda with a good upgrade,ill vote libs
If they dont,ill give the ranga a chance,besides she deserves a crack
What does maccas and Australia have in common? They are both ran by redheaded clowns

Duff link said:
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=184174.msg277289#msg277289 date=1279763221]
This is a VERY spirited debate...ie I think some of you might be \"on spirits\" when you are typing.

You, being someone who owns his own business bringing up political debate is what's stupid.

We all know how you'll vote & why.

Let the workers argue it out. After all, they're the ones who matter.
[/quote]

Very touchy Duff, I was trying to have some fun with this one but seems I have touched a nerve.

CW are you hoping to be one of the 150 people on the ETS forum?  Didn't we elect a government and prime minister to make these decisions?  It will probably be as useful as Rudd's 2020 summit.  
The forum is a stupid idea with Gillard trying to have a foot in each camp.

I am sick of the election campaign. Fro is right. What galls me is that both parties spend all their time trying to spin based on market research in seats like Penrith. If only someone could stand up for their convictions and espouse policy they really believe, they would attract me. If I hear Abbott tack "We will stop the boats" once more into any answer to any question, I will spew. The other lot aren't much better.
[/quote]

I hear you both, tookey and CW.

Do either party actually think the people smugglers know or even care if Tony Abbott, Joe Hockey, Julia Gillard or Kevin Rudd is PM.

Other than exposing themselves (and I hope they dont) how the hell are they going to stop the boats and whats more who actually cares.

I heard a quote the other day that if we let every boat in it will take over 20 years to fullevery seat in the MCG.

Its a non issue, just like the election.

You are right Bob, and seriously how the hell do they think they will stop them (either side) anyway???. There are a lot more things pressing in this country than boat people but of course the Pollies just go for the "popular choices" that they think will win votes.

Can't wait till the election is done and dusted. Hopefully the ALP will go back to political oblivion for another 10 years.

If only I had a genie that granted me 3 wishes... err can we make it 4.

In no particular order

1. To be a multi billionaire
2. Never ever have to work again
3. No ALP or Greens in parliament
4. Manly to never lose a game

Mark from Brisbane link said:
You are right Bob, and seriously how the hell do they think they will stop them (either side) anyway???. There are a lot more things pressing in this country than boat people but of course the Pollies just go for the \"popular choices\" that they think will win votes.

Maybe issues like

Health
Jobs
Education
Transport

would get people a little more interested.

And dont start me on the Mining Tax??

I only asked the question as we don't have a Communist party here. But I guess Labor will have to do.

Duff link said:
[quote author=byso link=topic=184174.msg279320#msg279320 date=1280290970]
So labor suites your philosophy?

Talking to you is like talking to a brick wall Byso. How many times do I have to spell out that I'm not a Labor supporter, they're just closer to being correct than the Tories are?

To me it's a choice between evil & the unknown. I'll take the unknown if that's my only options.

Give me something to work with here Byso. I'd much rather spend my time bashing the Lib's than defending Labor.
[/quote]

bob dylan link said:
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=184174.msg279646#msg279646 date=1280385884]
You are right Bob, and seriously how the hell do they think they will stop them (either side) anyway???. There are a lot more things pressing in this country than boat people but of course the Pollies just go for the \"popular choices\" that they think will win votes.

Maybe issues like

Health
Jobs
Education
Transport

would get people a little more interested.

And don't start me on the Mining Tax??

[/quote]

Bob are there any issues more pressing that these???

I am afraid I agree with the concept that the "common man" (whomever they are) shouldn't actually have to vote if they don't want to.

People arriving on election day, not knowing a thing, who couldn't really give a **** about who's in and who's out are pretty dangerous voters in the fact they are voting without having a clue.

I think today that Labor (note spelling isn't Labour) and the Conservatives are so close in the middle that it probably doesn't matter whom you vote for......20 years ago Labor and Liberal were eons apart, now it's almost impossible to split them.

Despite what Duff said about me earlier in the piece I quite liked KRUDD, I thought he was a "man of the people" and a very charismatic world leader....I just happen to hate traitors, and the Ranga is nothing other than a back stabbing traitorous bitch, and because of that I hope she goes down.

But realistically the Labor party had such a huge win in 2007 that a loss is very doubtful, as I said at the start a win by a smaller margin would be the best bet....and the Conservatives have their best chance in 2013-14 when the "battlers" will be "battling" again with high interest rates, the only way governments change is when the hip pocket of the "common man" starts to be affected.

Mark, you mentioned that Rudd is a "man of the people" and a very charismatic world leader (more like a great actor) and unfortunately many of his supporters are blinded by this same illusion about the myth of Rudd.

Most people have the same point of view about him and they cannot see beyond the myth that he is.

The douche bag has the temper of a champagne cork. Shake the bottle up bit and watch it go pop and fly off the bottle (handle) just like Rudd. It must be a trend with Labor politician Latham and Rudd having a lack of self control in the temper department.

Didn't mean I voted for him last time OEE, but simply I thought as a "leader" he had a bit more in the "charisma" stakes than Gillard or Abbot.

Sadly I don't see either of them as "world leaders", but perhaps I am just kidding myself that we (Australia) are considered any more than a back water anyway?

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Didn't mean I voted for him last time OEE, but simply I thought as a \"leader\" he had a bit more in the \"charisma\" stakes than Gillard or Abbot.

Sadly I don't see either of them as \"world leaders\", but perhaps I am just kidding myself that we (Australia) are considered any more than a back water anyway?

I always thought Rudd was trying to get Australia to Punch above its weight. What he was saying about the pac region and the UN Security council i was thinking "Gee we must have a larger army than i thought or Our economy is stronger than what i thought".
Personally he was a total douche using cliche and slang too often to appear a "man of the people". Even though he was well educated and was the wealthiest NON self-made politician (i could be wrong here, as Turnbull was a self made millionaire while Rudd married wealthy). He was a career Politician who cared primarily about where his next meal was and with, while many miners and tradesman who work in the industry were thinking where is there next meal coming from.

Nate, Funny you say that about Rudd. Through acquaintances that we know they actually know the Gillard’s and in fact this acquaintance went to school with the ranga's sister.

I have been told that the sister speaks like a prim and proper lady not like a bloke from the wharf in Melbourne.

Apparently the ranga also used to speak very prim and proper however her time spent in the trade unions etc and the image that she wants to portray is to be just like one of the boys from the trade union. Over time she has developed the way that she now speaks.

Don’t forget that Turnbull actually approached the Labor party to join their rank and file before seeing the light of the Liberal party.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6