Election 2010, who do you think will win and why??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It doesn't take much to have all the bleeding hearts to come out in support of the ALP. Most of you are probably too young to even remember interest rates and the recession we just had to have during the Hawke/Keating era.

But as mentioned before vote for who you think is best to lead the country. Has the best policies and who won't put the country further into debt.

If the ALP wins the election, wonder how long it will take before the ranga gets replaced by Swan, I give it 12 months.

OneEyedEagle link said:
It doesn't take much to have all the bleeding hearts to come out in support of the ALP. Most of you are probably too young to even remember interest rates and the recession we just had to have during the Hawke/Keating era.

But as mentioned before vote for who you think is best to lead the country. Has the best policies and who won't put the country further into debt.

If the ALP wins the election, wonder how long it will take before the ranga gets replaced by Swan, I give it 12 months.
You speak as if debt is a bad thing. Much better to have a surplus and have lots of people unemployed and a recesssion. Funny that Keating had 3 surpluses but then Australian then (as now) was affected by global forces. Did you miss Year 9 Commerce and the business cycle?

Agree with the rest of your sentence about who is best to govern - for the greater amount of good to the country!!!!

debt is always bad.  I think we should all remain homeless until we have saved up the funds to buy a house outright

Mark from Brisbane link said:
This is a VERY spirited debate...ie I think some of you might be \"on spirits\" when you are typing.

You, being someone who owns his own business bringing up political debate is what's stupid.

We all know how you'll vote & why.

Let the workers argue it out. After all, they're the ones who matter.

OneEyedEagle link said:

I'm "too young" to remember the Hawke/Keating era. But from what I understand, a few of the initiatives introduced by Hawke/Keating, ie the floating of the dollar, de-regulating financial markets etc may have actually been beneficial to the country. Especially long term. Howard probably leached off it. I'm too young to know though.

Boat-people are what grind my gears. I don't know exact figures, but what, we get 100 boats a year? 50 people a boat? Oh no, 5000 people a year, how will we ever cope? It's a ****en myth.

If T Abbot somehow became Prime Minister, I'd contemplate hopping on a boat myself and going over to NZ. The man's got zero cred. 

With our extraoardinary mineral wealth we should never be in debt and in fact we should be one of the wealthiest countries in the world.

If only we could trust all future governments to use the income from mining taxes and royalties to benefit the country's infrastructure as well as put money aside for the time when we no longer have the minerals. 

Matabele link said:
Anyone else reckon Gillard and Wong have had a fling at some point?

Might be worth a few extra votes for Gillard if there is a video of it.

Might be worth noting here that just because the media doesn't report things, it doesn't mean that a minister is not working closely on their department or their policy. Since the Abbott succession (by one vote) to squash the ETS negotiations that the Coalition supported for 18 months, the whole Environmental stuff has become non-news. I am amused that the perception is that the Government dumped the idea when it was a change in Coalition policy that was the problem, along with lack of cooperation from the Greens who wanted a much more 'green' approach. The scare campaign by the 'quack' Lord Monckton etc then finished the whole thing off.

Canteen Worker link said:
Might be worth noting here that just because the media doesn't report things, it doesn't mean that a minister is not working closely on their department or their policy. Since the Abbott succession (by one vote) to squash the ETS negotiations that the Coalition supported for 18 months, the whole Environmental stuff has become non-news. I am amused that the perception is that the Government dumped the idea when it was a change in Coalition policy that was the problem, along with lack of cooperation from the Greens who wanted a much more 'green' approach. The scare campaign by the 'quack' Lord Monckton etc then finished the whole thing off.

But don't you think that spending $90m a year for staff and premises for an ETS department when there is no ETS going to be implemented in the near future is a waste?

CW are you hoping to be one of the 150 people on the ETS forum?  Didn't we elect a government and prime minister to make these decisions?  It will probably be as useful as Rudd's 2020 summit.  

If Gillard and the greens get their hands on power I hope that i am earning enough to still be able to pay my electricity bills when they introduce the carbon tax.  

Canteen Worker link said:

fair dinkum CW, next you'll be telling us that Copenhoaxden was a raging success!

tookey link said:
  [quote author=Canteen Worker link=topic=184174.msg278547#msg278547 date=1280103800]

But don't you think that spending $90m a year for staff and premises for an ETS department when there is no ETS going to be implemented in the near future is a waste?

[/quote]

WASTE!!! - Isn't that what the ALP stands for..

WASTE of Time
WASTE of space
WASTE of tax payers money (they perfected the art of that now)
WASTEd oxygen thieves
Toxic WASTE

Just to think how much Rudd and the rest of the ALP mafia contributed to the carbon footprint with all their joy flights.

OneEyedEagle link said:
[quote author=Fro link=topic=184174.msg277664#msg277664 date=1279847062]
[quote author=Dan link=topic=184174.msg277349#msg277349 date=1279772914]

I made a fence.
[/quote]

I hope it doesn't have any sharp edges
[/quote]

You'd be surprised at who I vote for One eye, I have very strong opinions on who i reckon would be best at running the country, I just dont inflict them on everyone as i am well aware that nobody on here is going to change their mind, so i dont waste my time or energy.

tookey link said:
CW are you hoping to be one of the 150 people on the ETS forum?  Didn't we elect a government and prime minister to make these decisions?  It will probably be as useful as Rudd's 2020 summit. 
The forum is a stupid idea with Gillard trying to have a foot in each camp.

I am sick of the election campaign. Fro is right. What galls me is that both parties spend all their time trying to spin based on market research in seats like Penrith. If only someone could stand up for their convictions and espouse policy they really believe, they would attract me. If I hear Abbott tack "We will stop the boats" once more into any answer to any question, I will spew. The other lot aren't much better.

Fro, don't take me to seriously mate because I'm not. I'm just adding a bit of spice in the debate. Never ceases to amaze me how people fire up over certain topics.

Most voters won't base their votes on policy or how well they believe the country will be run. Most are indoctrinated to vote either liberal or labor and you can never change that ideology.

There's more to the truth than just the facts.

“The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer”.

Personally I just want to see NSW get a bigger slice of the pie with funding for infrastructure such as roads, transport, hospital, health, homeliness and the aged. Like most here I am sick of the waste that goes out to the marginal seats where votes are bought.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6