Egrets, I've had a few...(musings and some pics)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Do you think an asshole is called a rectum, because that is what is did when it was put on humans?

Have you ever noticed when driving on a duel lane highway and you're about to catch and pass a car, the driver of the other car speeds up?

It's like: "You're never going to pass me buddy, challenge accepted!"

But when you do pass them, the car slows back down to its original speed.

It's a case of: "Hey mate, I will move my foot 1 extra centimetre on the accelerator to challenge you.....but if I have to move it more than that....forget it! You've broken me, you can now pass mighty conqueror." *

*ge original....and it's better delivered 'in person' I know; but hey, gotta at least get the words down.

uh-oh....

mother in law wants to visit this weekend.

superbowl weekend!!!!! sheesh....and auckland nines.

there's no friggen snow here though....but that wont stop her.

now I gotta wear pants!

egrets!

(should add.....I like my mother in law! - + just in case she works the internet out)

update: Annnnnnnnnnnnd as predicted, couldn't talk her outta it. tomorrow it is!!

Last edited:
I call this "come and ave a go if you think yer tough enough!!

HpXq5Ow.jpg

Walking the dog this arvo....that bear crossed about 10 mtrs in front of us (dog went crazy barking....I erm well um...)

Going carefully past the point where it went into the trees, I saw it sitting on a rock about 2-3 metres away. So what do you do these days.....take a pic! (Shoulda taken a selfie...lol)

Still....very friggen nervous and if it sneezed, prob woulda pooped myself.

It's in this thread as I dunno where else to put it, and the ......possibly 3 of you that check this thread...get to see a pic of a black bear!!!

I can't bear to move that pic to another thread

I can't bear to move that pic to another thread

I'm always surprised how quiet they are for how big they are.

Surprised as it's disturbing how many times I've walked right by one!!

I'm not sure I could beat the thought of being around them

I'm not sure I could beat the thought of being around them

A lady and her daughter stopped us on our walk this morning and asked where the bears were, complaining that she lived in vancouver for 22 years (still had a strong 'high' English accent) and had only seen 2 bears. Alas, we said, the bears are only out in the afternoon.

Soon the golf course shall reopen meaning our fav puppy walking spot is gone, and the bears can roam free from us tourists.

Somehow trout aren't quite as interesting to see.

I wont say my better half is scared of spiders,,,,,

But on her way back from grocery shopping she saw a tiny spider in the car, pulled over, parked the car and walked home.

Then I had to go and pick up the car (after disposing of said tiny spider.)

So actually I will say it.

My better half is scared of spiders!

"Nitrous Obnoxide" :tm:

When someone takes no time at all in becoming a jerk.

:)

Riding the mountain bike today....went around a corner and a black bear was crossing the road. Luckily I scared it more...and it took off into the trees! slammed on the brakes and stopped about 2 mtrs from it!

Wuss...it should've attacked me!

Last edited:
A new temperature record set here yesterday. 34.5 degrees! hot hot hot! and we were out in the middle of it cause we're idiots. Not too much less today actually. (nice typing there)

I know I know...it's not hot to your standards but it's amazing what you get used to.

Now I start to melt around 25 degrees Celsius...but have a t-shirt on at 13 degrees.

9pm and still friggen hot.

So hot I'm in fact typing to myself as this is what this thread is mainly. :giggle:

- stop giggling! Makes you look effeminate!

-shutup hat.

Last edited:
My life has significantly improved since I started riding through Vondel park on my way too and from work in this summer weather, though I am sporting a sore neck

Riding the mountain bike today....went around a corner and a black bear was crossing the road. Luckily I scared it more...and it took off into the trees! slammed on the brakes and stopped about 2 mtrs from it!

Wuss...it should've attacked me!
Well with gay marriage legal in the USA i suppose you will see less black Bears in Canada from now on as they return south after yewrs of avoiding persecution.

Well with gay marriage legal in the USA i suppose you will see less black Bears in Canada from now on as they return south after yewrs of avoiding persecution.

It was funny to see some tweets from 'mericans saying "That's it....moving to Canada!"

Then one guy tweeted....Er, fellow Canadians....should someone tell them?

(because like it's been legal for same sex marriages here...for about 10 years!)

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2