Egg-throwing gets serious

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
And they wonder why no one takes the GC seriously! FMD!...move over synchronised swimming

Egg-throwing gets serious
Andrew Potts | 12:01am August 4, 2013

GOLD Coasters are scrambling to practise for a sport that is sure to leave egg on their faces.

The city will next month host the inaugural Australian Egg-Throwing Championships, with organisers in talks to have the sport recognised at an Olympic level.(<

Among the events on August 11 will be throwing and catching competitions as well as egg russian roulette, in which each player has six eggs, including one rotten egg. The first person to hit the rotten egg is the loser.

Southport-based Australian branch resident Bernie Low said egg throwing was a sport that was all it was cracked up to be.

"It is certainly a challenge to play especially as the distance between each person gets larger," he said.

"Egg throwing is a lot of fun and this competition will be a great opportunity to show the rest of the world what we are made of. It is an ancient Australian sport and we will be training people all day to take part in the finals and a chance for glory and world fame."

The event will be organised by the Ormeau Lions club and held at Ormeau's Brien Harris Oval.

It will feature two age categories under 13s and opens. Each event requires teams of two.

World Egg Throwing Federation president Andy Dunlop urged locals to get involved.

"We look forward to seeing champions made and being sent to the World Championships in next year to play against other world-class athletes from Holland, Germany, Canada, the US and many more," he said.

To get involved, email [email protected]

FMD is exactly the right decription for this...wouldn't these knobs feel better by donating any fresh eggs to the needy....i wonder if the council will be paying for any clean up once the event is finished ?? i'm sure regular users of the oval this is being held at, will not be impressed with the smell and appearnace of the ground once these idiots have finished having their " fun"....pity the kids of these idiots.

WESTIE said:
FMD is exactly the right decription for this...wouldn't these knobs feel better by donating any fresh eggs to the needy....i wonder if the council will be paying for any clean up once the event is finished ?? i'm sure regular users of the oval this is being held at, will not be impressed with the smell and appearnace of the ground once these idiots have finished having their " fun"....pity the kids of these idiots.

I think the GCB let the author write what ever he likes in exchange for the inside scoop on what the bikies are up too (His old man Bill is a criminal defense lawyer, and is on retainers with several clubs on the coast)...considering the Bulletin have a bikie story every other day of the week, Andrew must be holding up his end of the bargain. :)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4