Eels v Sea Eagles Heritage Game day thread rd 5

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
508bc3b4421a69528151701c6422e6fc_resized.jpg

NRL officials are adamant the game won’t be shifted from Parramatta Stadium after Penrith coach Ivan Cleary complained about the quality of the playing surface following their win in the western Sydney derby last Friday.

Sea Eagles football manager Steve Gigg inspected the pitch at 3pm yesterday along with the NRL’s director of football operations Nathan McGuirk.

John Brady, the NRL’s director of media and communications, said player safety is always paramount.

“The problem at the moment is that Parramatta Stadium uses two types of grass and has been ‘let go’ in a few spots,” he said.

“The issue will be addressed and rectified before the weekend.”

PARRAMATTA fullback Jarryd Hayne has given the struggling Eels a major boost by declaring he is ready to return from injury in Saturday night's crucial clash with Manly.

Hayne's start to the season has been plagued by a knee injury first suffered during the trials, the Eels going 0-4 in his absence to sit in last place on the ladder.

But having survived a series of tough fitness tests over the weekend, Hayne said he would be back on deck as the Eels attempt to get their NRL campaign started.

"It's good," Hayne said of his knee.

"Obviously it won't be 100 per cent for a while but it's runnable, playable.

"I've done two very tough sessions and did my longest session on Saturday [lasting] 75 minutes.

"It pulled up sore but not as bad as I thought it'd be."

Hayne's return should give the Eels' confidence a shot in the arm, though the Sea Eagles will also be smarting with the NRL premiers heading into the clash on the back of consecutive losses.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/parramatta-eels-star-jarryd-hayne-announces-he-will-make-his-return-from-injury-against-the-manly-sea-eagles/story-e6frfgbo-1226310377625

I really wish it wasn't us playing Parra this week. I just have this bad feeling they will fire up and be competitive, and if we keep copping dodgy decisions as we have been, it might be a tight game.

Of course though, I'm hoping for a huge win.

They are a different team with Hayne. Won't be a walk over I don't think. Hopefully Joe and Gifty will be back

I've got a feeling there'll be a bit of biff in this one. The Eels are a poor side and like a lot of poor teams they try to fire themselves up by niggling at every opportunity. Then on the other side Manly are dirty about 2 straight losses. It will be on for sure.

mmmdl said:
I really wish it wasn't us playing Parra this week. I just have this bad feeling they will fire up and be competitive, and if we keep copping dodgy decisions as we have been, it might be a tight game.

Of course though, I'm hoping for a huge win.

I think we're in trouble with this one. This will be like a GF for them and we are seriously down on troops and a little out of form. Add to that the fact that the NRL will be desperate for Parramatta to get going with the GWS thing happening and I think we are in for a tough tough day.

I don't think they actually have a team good enough to win...us by plenty!

I agree Manlyborn, Both sides will be a little desperate to win, but class always overcomes plodders. Ask any punter. I don't think Hayne will see out the game, or even start. Our forwards should be fired up to roll over the top of theirs, and our spine is superior. Us by plenty. .

We will probably play these fu**a`s into form too like we did the Sharks before we get ourselves together..

As we are playing them after two losses we certainly won't be complacent. We should win - they are under enormous pressure and Kearney is under the pump.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
508bc3b4421a69528151701c6422e6fc_resized.jpg

NRL officials are adamant the game won’t be shifted from Parramatta Stadium.

John Brady, the NRL’s director of media and communications, said player safety is always paramount. - If that's true, shift the game!

“The problem at the moment is that Parramatta Stadium uses two types of grass and has been ‘let go’ in a few spots,” he said.
“The issue will be addressed and rectified before the weekend.” - nature doesn't work like that.

What the hell is sandow perving at in the above pic? No wonder dce and bhurer are covering their crotches!

Manly NRL Team List - Round 5 v Eels
27/03/2012 3:31:00 PM
MANLY WARRINGAH SEA EAGLES v PARRAMATTA EELS

Round 5, 2012 NRL Premiership
Saturday, March 31, 2012
NRL Kick-Off 7.30pm
Parramatta Stadium
#NRLPARMAN
Referees: To be confirmed

| TEAM NEWS |

No changes to the Manly Sea Eagles squad that played the Dragons in Round 4. Nick Skinner and Jorge Taufua were late inclusions for last week, and have both retained their positions on the bench.

Glenn Stewart and Steve Matai have not been named.

| TEAM LIST |

1. Brett STEWART
2. Michael OLDFIELD
3. Jamie LYON (c)
4. Dean WHARE
5. David WILLIAMS
6. Kieran FORAN
7. Daly CHERRY-EVANS
8. Jason KING (c)
9. Matt BALLIN
10. Brent KITE
11. Anthony WATMOUGH
12. Jamie BUHRER
13. Daniel HARRISON
Bench
14. Nick SKINNER
15. Vic MAURO
16. Darcy LUSSICK
17. Jorge TAUFUA

Eels: 1. Jarryd Hayne 2. Ken Sio 3. Esi Tonga 4. Willie Tonga 5. Cheyse Blair 6. Ben Roberts 7. Chris Sandow 8. Tim Mannah 9. Matthew Keating 10. Mitchell Allgood 11. Nathan Hindmarsh (c) 12. Taniela Lasalo 13. Reni Maitua
Interchange: 14. Casey McGuire 15. Fuifui Moimoi 16. Justin Poore 17. Joseph Paulo

Luke Burt Dropped

I'd like to see the four bench players get a go in this game. Up in their faces, tackle hard and hold the line. We win. Us, by at least twenty.
I'd be surprised if Hayne got on the park, or stayed on it the full game. Looks like Burt was the fall guy for them. He wasn't their worse.

Yep I agree DSM, we were pretty good against the Dragqueens, and really up to our eye teeth in the game until that last try. Even without Shoulders or Gift back I think we'll lap these buggers, they are awful!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7