Eels tell Sandow to pack bags after questioning Arthur's tactics

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Makes you think huh.
I bet Toovey allows players to play their natural game. I bet Hasler and Bennett for example don't. It's a strange one.

and Arthur and Price unlike Cleary and Robinson who let them off the hook.

Now that's man management for you; it's what Arthur is famous for.....

No wonder players give glib answers to reporters. Telling the truth gets you sacked. It's ridiculous. Everything Sandow said was true - he is an instinctive player, and very dangerous because of his unpredictability. Arthur obviously wants a team of robots.

A bit like but nowhere near the class of Cliffy back then who would make breaks anytime he wanted.

I recall the days when Cliffy would play off the cuff and create the razzle dazzle football Manly where known for in the 90s. Didn't see Bozo drop him rather just let him play his natural unpredictable game. Personally I think Sandow should be allowed to play his natural game and let Norman control and structure the team. I wouldn't mind having Sandow partner DCE as he brings that element of unpredictability. Defense can be taught and improved whilst playing ad lib football and creating opportunities where others can't is a natural talent.

Agreed sideline eye. I think Sandow while being a poor substitute for Cliffy might create some adlib spark if he came over.

I wouldn't mind taking Sandow on before the June 30 deadline and let him play for a contract for next year
Many would laugh at that suggestion, or even cry, and I would have been one of them aside from just seeing someone's comment in a different thread which reminded me of something.

A certain Cliff Lyons did play some shockers early in his career. He tried things and when they didn't come off it looked pretty bad. Eventually he became consistent, but it's easy to forget how frequently criticised he was in his earlier years. Just food for thought...!

yeah.... certainly wouldn't sign him for longer than 1year.. see how he goes.

would def swap now for Foran! Great idea.

we are coming last anyway, what have we got to lose?!

yeah.... certainly wouldn't sign him for longer than 1year.. see how he goes.

would def swap now for Foran! Great idea.

we are coming last anyway, what have we got to lose?!
A sponsors car being totalled by Sandow on the way to a game

• 😆
Reactions: lsz
To me (and in all my zero years as a coach) you know what you get with Sandow. He will win you matches with brilliance, he will lose you matches with poor defence, and he will go missing in some games. You know that. And you also know he is HIGHLY UNLIKELY to change. So you either go the whole hog with him or you don't. That's his character and is style of play, embrace it or get rid of him. I think he's a perfect off the cuff half, but then you need a really structured boring half that will control the team, get them into position and control the forwards.

I understand the Foran hate on here lately, but to suggest Sandow is a better option than Foran for any team is ridiculous.

Foran
Debut: 2009
Premierships: 1
Grand Finals: 2
Finals: 14
Test matches: 20

Sandow
Debut: 2008
Premierships: 0
Grand Finals: 0
Finals: 0
Test matches: 0

I understand the Foran hate on here lately, but to suggest Sandow is a better option than Foran for any team is ridiculous.

Foran

Sandow
and your point?

Foran

Sandow
Simply confirms that Foran played in a great team for a great club whereas Sandow played with losers and for a loser club

Doesn't necessarily mean that foran is any good

I would not have been happy if we signed Sandow a few weeks ago had cherry gone to titans but with cherry calling the shots from half and Sandow playing his game at pivot it could be pretty lethal with another hard nut forward .

Foran

Sandow
Thats the Foran of yesteryear :confused:

I don't get his angst, he has his future set so why doesn't he put in this year or stay off with his dodgy hammy :mad:

Cliffy was missing in defence but had 2v covering him, as 2v has wrily said a few times @;)

Sandow would not be the leader as Chez is there in the driving seat. But having an animated player on our LHS would be a welcome change in 2015 .@:cool:
Hodges/Satini are even worth a trial at 5/8 as we are not looking lively :(

Did I just read "Sandow" and "Cliffy Lyons" being somehow, in some way, compared to each other.

That fool Sandow isnt fit to tie Cliff Lyon's boots.

Cliffy has Sandow well and truely covered in the following....

Defence, Attack, Organizational skills, off the cuff play, driving a car, ciggie smoking, not publicly bagging the coach, moustache growing, playing off the bench without complaint, short kicking game, winning grand finals, playing finals footy, representing the state and country, coaching, the list is endless.

I will give Sandow long kicking game and goal kicking.

Simply confirms that Foran played in a great team for a great club whereas Sandow played with losers and for a loser club

Doesn't necessarily mean that foran is any good
True, but the fact is Sandow is in his eighth season of a career that has spanned two clubs where he has played in the key position of halfback. He is yet to help his team to a top half finish. I just don't think he is the answer to our current situation.

Great little goal kicker. Energetic and an element of surprise. Senior players like Matty.B, Lyon, Snake could lead him, finally, to the right path.

Wow i didn't interpret Sandows comments that way at all.
He's not questioning BA's tactics, he is just saying what he feels - that maybe if the schackles are let loose I can do something for you.
What a mess is Parra!
Exactly. Good on him for not being a robot and calling as he see's it.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2