Eels target Lussick

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
A snippet from the Manly daily.

AFTER years of watching their NRL players walk out and join Manly, we understand the Eels are now attempting to get one back.

Sea Eagles Harold Matthews skipper Joey Lussick is the target, with Parramatta officials circling with a three-year deal for the halfback.

Lussick’s manager Wayne Beavis confirmed his client could be off to the Eels.

“We are still in talks, but I can confirm the Eels are interested,” Beavis said.

--------------------------------------------------------

If he's a halfback, why is he going to the Eels aftyer they've just signed Sandow.

Do they mean darci lussick, the forward?

swoop said:

AFTER years of watching their NRL players walk out and join Manly, we understand the Eels are now attempting to get one back.

Sea Eagles Harold Matthews skipper Joey Lussick is the target, with Parramatta officials circling with a three-year deal for the halfback.

“We are still in talks, but I can confirm the Eels are interested,” Beavis said.

If he's a halfback, why is he going to the Eels aftyer they've just signed Sandow.

yeah i`m fine with that.. then when he makes grade after they have nutured him we will take him back for half the money.. because they will want another half back by then..

jjai said:
swoop said:

yeah i`m fine with that.. then when he makes grade after they have nutured him we will take him back for half the money.. because they will want another half back by then..

lol Dan i thought he was a forward too.. i didnt know he had another brother playing in Harold Mathews..

jjai said:
swoop said:

jjai said:
swoop said:

lol Dan i thought he was a forward too.. i didnt know he had another brother playing in Harold Mathews..

it`s only because of the title saying lussick ..if the thread maker had added Jr after lussick it would be more clearer:p

I knew the lussicks growing up. Darcy and his sister were still little kids last time I saw them, I forgot about joey but remember him as baby.

Good old Bennett street crew. His dad played lower grades too

After spending massive overs on Sandow, Lussick could be on $350,000(not really but) - no player with half a brain will go to the Slimey's for the winning culture. May fancy his chances there - keep in mind Sandow is playing behind some great fowards & is hot & cold at best......

I think Kearney will be good for sandow. Eels have an ego issue but they keep bloody blaming their coaches

Kearney will do well, not this year though. Sandow has always had talent, it has taken a while for it show consistently. Possibly an astute purchase by Kearney, similar to Des going all out for Orford.

Sandow is not in the top 20 backs in the game or the top 5 halves - & never will be. Overpriced & overrated - only positive , much better than what they have - Mortimer & Robson are NSW Cup material.

That's not fair on Robson. Wholehearted player. Not sure what happened to Mortimer, one minute the next big thing, the next minute a myth and first grade imposter. With his slight physique he needed to put a lot of work into physical development, but possibly has not done it? Not even sure why the Eels are persevering with him, he is a shocker.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
That's not fair on Robson. Wholehearted player. Not sure what happened to Mortimer, one minute the next big thing, the next minute a myth and first grade imposter. With his slight physique he needed to put a lot of work into physical development, but possibly has not done it? Not even sure why the Eels are persevering with him, he is a shocker.

Would you really want Robson back at Manly??? - my comment wasn't based on heart but lack of ability.

This is why Parramatta are just a dumb club. They got more juniors than they can look after yet they still chase players from other clubs. Parra juniors don't get poached as much as they are running to get out of the joint because they can't see a future for them. If they were smart they'd start a culture of only buying top end talent when they need them and get better at looking after their juniors. You need only look at how many of them blossom once they leave that they surely must question their own development programs. If they could harness their own juniors they'd be an absolute powerhouse so I suppose we should be thankful they haven't got a clue what they are doing.

Masked Eagle said:
This is why Parramatta are just a dumb club. They got more juniors than they can look after yet they still chase players from other clubs. Parra juniors don't get poached as much as they are running to get out of the joint because they can't see a future for them. If they were smart they'd start a culture of only buying top end talent when they need them and get better at looking after their juniors. You need only look at how many of them blossom once they leave that they surely must question their own development programs. If they could harness their own juniors they'd be an absolute powerhouse so I suppose we should be thankful they haven't got a clue what they are doing.

you nailed it mate just your 1st 2 sentences is all i needed to read.. they are useless with how they utilise their juniors, one of the worst clubs to even start your career out with now... i didnt like fitzgerald but apparently he had a better eye than this mob.. they would have let Hindmarsh go within the 1st 2yrs if they were in control back then..

Going to Parra to play halfback is the only way known to mankind to end your playing career faster than having a picture of you getting blown by a dog circulated on social networking sites.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2