1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eels ominous

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Crushercleal, Jun 19, 2005.

1. Crushercleal

Crushercleal Active Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    The Eels are beginning to look like that almost invincible (except in GF) 2001 team that blitzed the League. For mine, a lot of it is due to them having a good kicking game again. JT might not have been the best half around, but he could put it on a shoe-string. Tim Smith is a bit like that too, which you need when you have a big forward pack like the Eels invariably do. Also they've had some very good buys (Morrison in particular, and Riddel and Marsh). Best bet to beat the Broncos at this stage for mine (that was some good alliteration too........)

2. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    They were always going to be dangerous once they got used to playing together as a team

3. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    They don't have the class in the outside backs to go all the way.

4. DVS Matt

DVS Matt Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    Tim Smith can't pass left to right, target that weakness!

5. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    watch the Parra V Cronulla game Matt. He threw a awesome ball L to R for Grothe to score.

6. DVS Matt

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    and i have seen George Carmont give a nice ball to his winger today, 1 good thing doesn't mean sh!t.

I'll repeat it, Tim Smith can't pass left to right

7. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    true, I could not believe that pass from Carmont.

well he can pass L to R, I think you mean not well :D I have not really paid attention in great detail to that part of his game but that pass sticks out in my mind. One of the better ones I have seen in years.

8. DVS Matt

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    well physically he can do it, just he doesn't do it v. well imo. he throws it like a helicopter blade and it usually goes forward or nearing on forward.