Eels - NRL darlings.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Yet another gift try to Parramatta from officialdom. You get the feeling the NRL want/need them to be successful, regardless of how inept they are.

Lol, there's one of the calls of the season.. at the 77min mark, Eels down 24-14 at Parramatta stadium, another lack-lustre performance and loss to the Eels imminent, and the commentator: "Break out the soy sauce and the wasabi cuz these Eels are smoked."

There were at least 2 times, when a parra player looked injured when taking up the ball, that the ref stopped play and asked if the player was ok. Canberra eweren't given the same courtesy.

Eels are really crap.  The 'great' Hayne is just a nobody.  Does nothing except sell the dump to others.  And Tahu must bless the gods for giving him a retirement income.  He does nothing.  And I noticed that every tackle that Hindmarsh made, his arms were around the neck of the tackled player.  No action taken.  The lifting tackle penalty that was awarded to the Eels was not reciprocated when some Eels player lifted a Canberra player.  The NRL really want the Eels to get up.    

What will Reddy get for chopping into a tackler's face?  A week, or maybe none with an early plea.  If it were Matai he'd be facing 4-6 weeks.

Matabele link said:
Yet another gift try to Parramatta from officialdom. You get the feeling the NRL want/need them to be successful, regardless of how inept they are.
The Eels should cop a huge fine for playing so ineptly when they are the NRL's vanguard club supposedly beating off the challenge of the other codes in Sydney's west. Should be at least $100,000, plus I'd suspend them for a few weeks as well. Embarrassing really.

Reddy should be sent for a few weeks for that one IMO Intentional contact with the head :) haha

But should be sent none the less that was just uncalled for and vicious.

How about the Hayne forward pass that got called and the commentators saying "That was flat, not forward"

Yet you can see he passes it before the 10 m line and it is caught about 2 metres after the line.

They showed their true colours last night and I was happy to see them lose

From memory this morning I think Hayne threw about four forward passes last night.  And the Smith try! what a gift.  Pity that video fool wasn't at our game, we would have won by fifty. 

The dragons are the real NRL darlings as they receive so many Friday night games which give them the maximum 7 day recovery period between games and no sign of any Monday night games. 

The NRL wants a St George/eels grand final at any cost.  Pity it won't happen in the near future.

One things for sure Manly are NOT the NRL "darlings".....BUT there's hope coming, a free to air live Queensland Chan 9 Friday 11th June V Titans....you read that here FIRST!!

And if lucky it might even go to NSW live as well.

Just have to hope we don't get "Checcined" again

I have to say i don't mind watching the Dragons play, as much as I hate their sickly fans I do enjoy the football they put on, especially when Del was there but also watching Morris score a try is always good

Actually most of us did, there was a few posts on how that shouldn't have been a try.

There was more than one thing wrong with Smith's try last night. Looked to go forward from the hands as well of was it Keating?

tookey link said:

The NRL wants a St George/eels grand final at any cost.  Pity it won't happen in the near future.

Well I ask the question again, is the NRL rigged? One bloke at the pub said to me that the NRL has already decided who is going to play and win this year's grand final.

Some of their decisions seem to bear out this assertion. Others do not.

If they do already know can we make it public so I can bet on the winner please?

Or is it just another case of the NRL is played by professionals and run by amateurs?

I was watching the Sports show this morning and the P/matta coach was bemoaning the fact that referees should not be refereeing round two clashes in round five when alluding to the forward passes as the same part of the field last night against Canberra as allegedly happened against Manly.

So even the 'NRL darling' is upset at the referees.  (By the way I loved those comments. I wonder if he is going to get a fine? Probably not.)

Maybe the eels stars are looking at NFL careers after they finish playing here and are just practicing for the quarterback roles in the US.

Anderson needs to understand that a forward pass is still a forward pass wherever it is

eagle-rock08 link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=182995.msg258951#msg258951 date=1271115578]

The NRL wants a St George/eels grand final at any cost.  Pity it won't happen in the near future.

Well I ask the question again, is the NRL rigged? One bloke at the pub said to me that the NRL has already decided who is going to play and win this year's grand final.

Some of their decisions seem to bear out this assertion. Others do not.

If they do already know can we make it public so I can bet on the winner please?

Or is it just another case of the NRL is played by professionals and run by amateurs?

I was watching the Sports show this morning and the P/matta coach was bemoaning the fact that referees should not be refereeing round two clashes in round five when alluding to the forward passes as the same part of the field last night against Canberra as allegedly happened against Manly.

So even the 'NRL darling' is upset at the referees.  (By the way I loved those comments. I wonder if he is going to get a fine? Probably not.)

Maybe the eels stars are looking at NFL careers after they finish playing here and are just practicing for the quarterback roles in the US.
[/quote]

I don't understand what Anderson is on about. Every pass that got pinged for being forward was forward, and about as many didn't get picked up.

Maybe if Parra and Melbourne (who are the worst offenders but not the only) learn to throw backwards rather than trying to get away with being dodgy all the time, things will be better.

eagle-rock08 link said:

[/quote]

Well it must be true then, them blokes half full at the pub know everything  ::)

blitzkrieg link said:
[quote author=eagle-rock08 link=topic=182995.msg258968#msg258968 date=1271126351]

[/quote]

Well it must be true then, them blokes half full at the pub know everything  ::)
[/quote]

I felt sorry for the guy after all he is a Sharks supporter.  However, I am inclined to think he had a point when we played P/matta though. :D

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2