Eels Done For Massive Salary Cap Breach

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
PARRAMATTA is facing a fine of up to $500,000 for salary cap breaches.

The NRL has confirmed this morning the Eels have been under investigation for several months.

It relates to their salary cap last year and having to pay players who were cut by previous coach Ricky Stuart.

Among those who were forced out include Ben Smith, Matt Keating and Cheyse Blair.

It is believed the club is still paying part of their contracts.

What a joke how did the NRL let them register any new contracts for this season if they were over? I'm glad they did because we got rid of Choc.

Best thing Cheyse Blair has ever done for Manly

Watch Price and Fitzgerald jump on this now and try and force the existing club directors out. Ben Smith is apparently taking legal action against the Parramatta board for not allowing him to stand for the election.

They said that he couldn't because he wasn't an employee but apparently he worked at the club for 6 weeks in a non paying role.

Another wooden spoon for Parra as they deserve to be docked points for the breach as they shouldn't have been able to sign Watmough because they were $500k over the cap..

Even over the cap the club is still last. BA will be under tremendous pressure now and his future tenure must be doubtful now

Last edited:
If true....it's really bizarre and disgraceful. with all the drama of massive salary cap breaches over the last *storm* years, there really needs to be a large deterrent here.

No draft, so cant strip draft picks off them, but surely a substantial fine and the forfeit of any of the possibly 4 points they might get throughout the year.

It's got to stop and enough of the wah wah players don't know so why punish them. A club fine and no more points. Players still get paid and being at parra means you aren't getting a premiership soon anyway.

A blight on the game.

Just because dave smith can flout road rules and lose his licence....doesn't mean we all have to follow in this englishmans 'criminal' footsteps. Sheesh...I thought we saw the last of importing english crims 200+ years ago!!!!!

Lol what a basket case, their rorting and paying overs was always going to catch up with them. Should just burn the place to the ground, not to start over but just cause it's Parra lol

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2