Eagles to keep out of dragons fire

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
Enter the Dragons
ADAM LUCIUS
Manly Daily
06apr05
THE in-form Manly Sea Eagles have vowed not to get dragged into the St George/Illawarra soap opera as they prepare to put their undefeated record on the line at WIN Stadium on Saturday night.

The proud Dragons are winless after four rounds and sit anchored to the floor of the NRL table amid rumours coach Nathan Brown faces the sack.

The players were heard arguing among each other as they slid to a heavy defeat in Canberra last Saturday night.

The Saints camp has held crisis talks, consulted life coaches and brought in boxing world champion Kostya Tszyu all in a bid to recover from their worst-ever start to a season.

In stark contrast, Manly are riding high on top of the competition after three straight wins and a bye.

But Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler has warned his side against being sidetracked by the dramas at Kogarah.

``Sooner or later they are going to come good and we've just got to make sure it's not this weekend,'' he said last night.

``We know that WIN Stadium at 7.30 on Saturday night will not be an easy place to be. But our preparation has been all about us, we're not worried about what the opposition is doing.''

Manly forwards coach and ex- international Steve Roach says it's only a matter of time before the Dragons click.

``They've got one of the strongest playing rosters in the comp," he said.

``I can't believe they haven't won a game.

``They'll come good.

``They're in a bit of a hole but once they get that first win they'll be back.''

Strike centre Mark Gasnier returns for the Saints while Terry Hill and Chris Hicks have both been named in Manly's starting line- up.

I still think this wont be their week to bounce back. once we break their back the point will come flooding through - maybe even quicker than the first 20 mins of the sharks game

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2