Eagles Sign Epalahame Lauaki.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
One NSW Cup player I spoke to said he was a little off the pace in the first couple of weeks but is now start to show good form & running extremely strongly with the ball.

Promising signs!

The Who said:
Blowfly said:
One NSW Cup player I spoke to said he was a little off the pace in the first couple of weeks ...

That's slow, judging by just how "off the pace" our NSW team is.

Then they should be good judges when someone is off the pace:)

Kiwi forward's struggle with depression

Nicholas Janzen - NSWRL Media
Fri 5th September, 05:30PM

Uncompromising former Warriors, New Zealand, Hull and Wigan forward Epalahame Lauaki has fought some ferocious battles on the field in his stellar career. None, however, compare to the battles he’s had to face off the field in recent years.

The hard-running prop or second-rower, best remembered for his take-no-prisoners charges at the defensive line in the Warriors strip from 2004 to 2008, wants the rugby league world to know even the hardest players can easily be brought to their knees. And he wants his struggle to overcome his own mental demons to be an example for others, particularly those of similar backgrounds.

Click here to read the full article at NSWRL.com.au

Well at least we know his monniker now :)
Http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p5TpNe_J6bc

Hymie, Agent 91 - Get Smart

Hame we need you to hate Opponents and not yourself :angel:

Thanks for posting that, @Jethro
We are sometimes inclined to just see the players as chunks of meat dressed in our colours, and we just want them to be faster and stronger and hold the ball, but they are people too, not so unlike us... Worth remembering, and all the best to big Hame.

Jethro said:

Uncompromising former Warriors, New Zealand, Hull and Wigan forward Epalahame Lauaki has fought some ferocious battles on the field in his stellar career. None, however, compare to the battles he’s had to face off the field in recent years.

The hard-running prop or second-rower, best remembered for his take-no-prisoners charges at the defensive line in the Warriors strip from 2004 to 2008, wants the rugby league world to know even the hardest players can easily be brought to their knees. And he wants his struggle to overcome his own mental demons to be an example for others, particularly those of similar backgrounds.

Most people here know the subject of mental-illnesses is important to me.

Some even know exactly why.

I only stumbled upon Hame's story late last night; as yesterday was also R U OK? Day. (A chance to simply ask anyone you love or care about exactly that Q). And yes. Looks can be deceiving as Hame proves with such integrity and simple eloquence.

I hope we can keep him for next year. A full off-season with the group and Donny Singe, can only help (fitness, familiarity, becoming more a part of the place). Even if he's only ever good for Us off the bench in 1st-grade, I'd do it. He's also only just bloody 30 (yrs old) so with improved fitness AND the help with attitude men like Donny, Tooves and co. can provide, I see it as a risk worth taking.

We've afforded that same courtesy to Ligi Sao and Michael Chee Kam.
(More than one season; or HALF a season as is the case with Hame).

Plus Islander-men like Skivi (Tafua, Sao, Chee Kam) will also help with all of the above; as Hame says himself in his interview! So yes, if it were up to me, I'd give him the best deal we can afford for another year (at least).

Lastly...I would like @"Technical Coach" to read this.

He's clearly an intelligent person (just born without an empathy-gene) IMO and I'd like someone, anyone, to point him in this direction.

I'm NOT interested in his reply (if there is one!)

RiverEagle said:
Jethro said:

I only stumbled upon Hame's story late last night; as yesterday was also R U OK? Day. (A chance to simply ask anyone you love or care about exactly that Q). And yes. Looks can be deceiving as Hame proves with such integrity and simple eloquence.

I hope we can keep him for next year. A full off-season with the group and Donny Singe, can only help (fitness, familiarity, becoming more a part of the place). Even if he's only ever good for Us off the bench in 1st-grade, I'd do it. He's also only just bloody 30 (yrs old) so with improved fitness AND the help with attitude men like Donny, Tooves and co. can provide, I see it as a risk worth taking.

Plus Islander-men like Skivi (Tafua, Sao, Chee Kam) will also help with all of the above; as Hame says himself in his interview! So yes, if it were up to me, I'd give him the best deal we can afford for another year (at least).

He's clearly an intelligent person (just born without an empathy-gene) IMO and I'd like someone, anyone, to point him in this direction.

If you are not interested or mature enough to deal with a reply don't send me a link.

Read the article before and I still feel the same way about depression even more so after reading Epa's reply.

Dan said:
If this blokes nickname isn't elephant, then there is something completely wrong here

Good evening Dan (been a little while away from Silvertails mate) - getting ready for the clash and hopefully to skin those Rabbits.
Comment noted on Lauaki. At least he wont be too far from Taronga either.
I thought Manly were to have signed him for 2014 season. Must have had some holdup on his entrance to Oz. If he's a runner and can start a stampede - we need him.

Keep well

Pete C Eagle

RiverEagle said:
Jethro said:

Born without an Empathy gene yeah you really know me lol.

What you don't seem to get is that I do sympathize with people who are depressed and will be the first to lend a helping hand but depression itself is not caused by an illness or disease, it is a disorder.

Not saying Epa's mental state is false but blaming his depressed state on depression is the issue I have with all sufferers.

Why would I be incapable of coping with his response, are you suggesting he has anger management issues without you even knowing the bloke. You are basically saying he is incapable of listening to other peoples opinions in a mature manner so if that is the case why would I bother expressing my views to him if that is going to be the response.

If you have someone on your ignore list you should forfeit the right to be able to send that person a private message, it is obvious you can't deal with intelligent debate.

I will leave you with this quote...

"But whether the scans show the cause or the result of depression has yet to be determined. And more tellingly, there is a body of research that shows similar changes in brain neurochemistry when people are doing all sorts of activities (such as reading, playing a video game, etc.)."

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8