Eagles send message!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Good! I really like the look of Knight, he has a great motor. Had a great game in the Holden Cup GF and can't wait to see him in the first grade, whether as prop or maybe better suited in the backrow?

Zorba said this in his column the other week.

The voice of the Sea Eagles, our only conduit to the club, if that's the case god help us.

Despite it being the off season a members update would go down well, this is who we've shafted, this is who's next on the list, we've now employed X,Y & Z , and we announce the signing of the following players.

Oh right, I forgot, we have to pay our membership first!!

The club posted it on the website yesterday lol

Knight looking to build on 2015 season
Wayne Cousins

Tue 6th October, 10:17AM
1444087988730.jpg

Liam Knight : Digital Image by Robb Cox ©nrlphotos.com: :NYC Rugby League - Dragons V Sea Eagles at WIN Stadium, Wollongong. Saturday March 28th 2015.

The season may be less than two days old but for Liam Knight, pre-season training can’t come quick enough.

One of the real shining lights for the Sea Eagles in the Holden Cup competition in 2015, Knight has built a reputation as a quality young front-rower with a huge work-rate. He played 23 games and was known for his powerful runs and his tireless defence.

The 20-year-old has spent the past three seasons in the National Youth Competition with the Sea Eagles and played a major role in the team reaching the Grand Final.

Knight will now join the NRL squad for pre-season training from November 2 looking to impress new NRL Head Coach Trent Barrett. He is contracted to Manly Warringah for next season.

“I will take a few weeks off first but I just can’t wait to get back into it,’’ Knight said.

“This is a great opportunity for me to train with the senior boys. I know I have a lot of hard work ahead but I’m ready for the challenge.”

Although disappointed to lose the Holden Cup Grand Final to Penrith, Knight said there was plenty his team-mates can be proud of. The match was played in a record 35 degree heat with Knight playing the full game.

“Everyone was pumped for the grand final after beating the Cowboys in Melbourne last weekend. Penrith are a very good side but unfortunately, we couldn’t put a whole 80 minutes together,” Knight said.

“The conditions made it very tough. I was exhausted at times but I didn’t want to let the boys down. We were all out there together in it. That’s the best thing about this team, we are all good mates and no-one ever wants to give in.

“We were good in patches but we made too many mistakes and they punished us.

“Everyone involved in this team can be very proud of what we’ve achieved. At the start of the year, there wasn’t much belief within this group that we could make the grand final.

“But as the weeks went on, we started to become better mates and we started to play better. We had an amazing run in the finals and to make it right through to the end is an incredible feeling.”

With the caveat being there is no opportunity locally as the position is long-term filled, e.g., Ivan Cleary had no opportunity as Ridge was custodian fullback.
Cleary wasn't asked to 'look around', he did that of his own accord.

Last edited:
Feels like much smoke and mirrors. He was always signed for next year and Roosters rumour is for 2017.
I'm with @Frank Zero idea what the Club is up to.

So no one is considering the fact that

- the player might be backing himself to get get bigger contract if he plays first grade than now
- the player / manager could be waiting for the new cap deal to kick in

The club, rightly so, should be criticised for a number of things (like the whole contracted players thing) but sometimes it is not as simple as "getting the player to sign"

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4