Eagles great wants Hasler to stay

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Evo

Capt Goodvibe
Ed Jackson AAP Tue, May 03, 2011 - 7:30 PM

Former Manly, NSW and Australian player Noel Cleal believes the club must do all it can to retain coach Des Hasler.

Cleal, who won the 1987 premiership with the Sea Eagles, feels it would be impossible for the NRL club to replace Hasler if he was to leave Brookvale Oval.

The 2008 premiership-winning coach has an option in his current deal with the Sea Eagles in his favour for next season and only has to activate it to remain in charge.

But a report in April said the club were poised to offer Hasler a two-year extension to keep him with the Sea Eagles until 2014 and Cleal believes that would be a smart move.

"He's certainly as good a coach as what there is in the NRL," Cleal, the Sea Eagles recruitment manager, told reporters on Tuesday.

"It's not losing Des, it's replacing Des and there's no-one out there that you can find to replace him.

"He's an integral part of what goes on at the joint, he virtually is the club with what he does with the job and it'd be a sad day if Des wasn't coaching Manly."

Cleal is also hopeful the club can retain the services of boom youngster Will Hopoate despite reported interest from several clubs including the Sydney Roosters, St George Illawarra and Parramatta.

"Naturally we are, he's a great talent, only 18 years of age and he's certainly a shining light for what's coming through the system," Cleal said.

"All I can say is we'll be in the mix and hopefully we can re-sign him and continue having the Hopoate name associated with the Manly club."
IMHO most important signing of the year...................

This concerns me, des is the most important person in our club IMO
The longer this lingers for the more scared i get of penrith being desperate and offering half of the town to sign with them.

Dessie's signiture is far more important than Hoppa or any other player i also believe re signing him goes along way towards keeping the others.

master blaster said:
I am hearing from a good source,Hasler is the key to hoppa and the other young guns staying,he stays they stay.

FMD this seems like a non brainer
give the bloke the keys to brookie, leagues club, The whole of colloroy beach for his own personal use to stay.

He is that important.

Heres a perfect example
look at 2009 if we had any other coach (outside of bennett) than des and we would of gone closer to the spoon than to just miss out on the top 4

Hes the heart and soul of our club atm, im sure Quatum, penns and our ceo are all over this.

master blaster said:
I am hearing from a good source,Hasler is the key to hoppa and the other young guns staying,he stays they stay.

Yeah, my mail is that Hoppa will stay if Des stays. The same source says a deal is all but done, just finalising it all and searching around for a pen.

Ralphie said:
master blaster said:

Yeah, my mail is that Hoppa will stay if Des stays. The same source says a deal is all but done, just finalising it all and searching around for a pen.

your sources better be bloody right sunshines :)

master blaster said:

Well he's the time that the owners should step in and throw whatever $$$ towards retained Des. The coach's dollars doesn't count towards the salary cap. While they're at it extend crusher's deal aswell.

Cambo said:
Ralphie said:
master blaster said:

ooo ya scare me cam,Im shaking in my boots,lol

master blaster said:
Cambo said:
Ralphie said:
master blaster said:

ooo ya scare me cam,Im shaking in my boots,lol
Don't want to scare u. Just hope like he'll ure on the money bro

i said before Hasler will go when he wants to go,, i cant see them pushing him out.. :s

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8