Eagles flying high as Stewart stays, with Matai, Williams to follow suit

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
JUST days after re-signing five-eighth Kieran Foran, Manly have received a further boost with NSW fullback favourite Brett Stewart agreeing to terms for a new three-year deal.
And there could be further good news for the NRL premiers, with the Herald told last night that Test stars Tony Williams and Steve Matai were also set to stay.

Read the full article

Great news - but what on earth are we going to do with all these players coming off contract in 2015, we are in real trouble I tell you

voicefromthehill said:
Great news - but what on earth are we going to do with all these players coming off contract in 2015, we are in real trouble I tell you

We'll let 2015 us's worry about that!!!

RE: Wow, I hope this is true!

All those saying cut Kite, King, Joe etc. Who will step up and replace them? As much as I do not want to lose Matai as he adds so much to the side at least we have Whare waiting to step in. In the forward department the pickings are slim. Unless of course Cunningham and Stromquist come from nowhere. However I would not want to be relying on young props with limited experience, look at the Tigers this year.

Darcy Lussick, Matt Ballin, Jason King, Brent Kite & David Williams been off contract at the end of the season must be an error in yesterday's SMH.

The effort by the Administration Staff is on par with Manly's 2011 GF effort.

Congratulations to all, and to the Players for demonstrating what team spirit really is.

#B2B

Garts said:
All those saying cut Kite, King, Joe etc. Who will step up and replace them? As much as I do not want to lose Matai as he adds so much to the side at least we have Whare waiting to step in. In the forward department the pickings are slim. Unless of course Cunningham and Stromquist come from nowhere. However I would not want to be relying on young props with limited experience, look at the Tigers this year.

I agree. I am amused by all the posters who are convinced that the signings of our experienced front rowers was a Des conspiracy designed to weaken the club.

Every now and then a young front rower comes through who can prosper at first grade level, but they are the exception to the rule. Generally they take time to mature. Proven, experienced props are vitally important for teams with premiership aspirations. Only once, that I can recall, did we triumph with young props. That was with Ian Thomson and John Harvey, many years ago, and they were both outstanding props who got selected in the Kangaroos after only a year or two in first grade.

I hope we keep them. Great work being done by the board. Future is looking good.

I am just wondering now if Des and the Bulldogs will target Riccardi, now that Foran is staying with us. Riccardi would be a good back up for DCE, Foran or Ballin.

#ManlySeaEagles officials are saying Brett Stewart has not officially signed yet. @SMHsport information is that he has agreed in principle.

Perry also called BSB to clarify that the finer details had not been worked out yet, but very hopeful Snake will stay. Perry seems like he pays attention to the detail and his is quickly establishing a very good record. Wonder when the Dogs will make him an offer?

When Des was given the boot, I chose to accept the Chicken-Liggen story and the sky was falling in. I was nearly in tears and this lump in my throat wasn't going anywhere.
Hope we have a good year in 2012, 'cos it's gonna be the last of many.

The dysfuctional Board, especially Scott Penn & David Perry, have turned Manly around again and I can foresee harmony between the playing group, the front office & the fans.

Well done guys!

Fantastic news! Imagine what we could achieve if we weren't "a club at war with itself"

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7