Eagles Angels

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ricardo

Bencher
image.jpeg
This issue deserves a thread of its own*

Where are the Eagles Angels?

We love them. We need them. These are the women who support our great team who also do amazing things off the pitch!

Wherever they are: We need the Eagle Angels back!!!

It was the best initiative ... Getting local girls and women who love the team a voice! Just so happened that some pretty smart and powerful ladies rock the peninsula. They were able to support charities and generally raise the profile of league for the fairer sex. Sarah Murdoch, Wendy Harmer, Layne Beachley, Melinda Gainsford-Taylor, Laura Enever, Kerri Pottharst, Naomi Flood, Debbie Watson, Louise Savage, Anne Sargeant, Nici Andronicus and a heaps of others. Great support for the team and they started in 2002 when we were at our lowest ebb.

Bring them back! Support them! They support us!

If this current administration has somehow alienated them well that's a dumbfvck move and they need to build a bridge. Make up and move on. No pathetic excuses. No finger pointing. Just build a bridge and get on with it.

*The other thread is more about a mum going berko over larger boys in opposing teams. It's an issue, no doubt. But it reminded me we have an AWESOME resource in the Angels who seem to be brushed aside! If it doesn't deserve its own discussion some admin can merge this back in I guess ...

A ridiculous decision by Manly to do away with the Eagles Angels. I cannot understand why they made this decision. They were great ambassadors for the club and the NRL. The game should be embracing women and not be excluding them.

Last edited:
Love the Eagles Angels............!!

Would show incredible professionalism and astute business sense if our owner personally spoke to these incredible women and thanked them for everything they have done for Manly. And then publicly supported them.

At present it feels like a boys club at the franchise, so maybe that's what they want. So do they want women to go to games and buy merchandise?

Remember Kelly and Penn woman make a lot of decisions re spending money and buying merchandise for the family.

Just amazing that with such an opportunity to engage women they manage to stuff it up and alienate more women.

The Angels were the first group of high profile females to get together and push the women in league agenda. Most other teams followed their lead and it was a great innovation for the game. It has been absolutely disgraceful how they have been treated, the club Should hang their heads in shame. Back to the dark 'good sort' ages :(

A ridiculous decision by Manly to do away with the Eagles Angels. I cannot understand why they made this decision. They were great ambassadors for the club and the NRL. The game should be embracing women and not be excluding them.

They didn't back Zorba after his 'good sort' comment that originally had him removed. They (like others including Tooves) were on ZtH's hit list.

The quicker that parasite is gone from the club the better off the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles will be.

Moronic effort from current admin to not support this group of ladies. But not really surprising, I can only assume the Angels were too supportive of the other "side" pre Penn revolution.

Much like their attempt to take the life membership award off the footy club. Much like the way Tooves was shafted and a fair chunk of the previous admin staff as well.

It's good to be King.

Moronic effort from current admin to not support this group of ladies. But not really surprising, I can only assume the Angels were too supportive of the other "side" pre Penn revolution.

Much like their attempt to take the life membership award off the footy club. Much like the way Tooves was shafted and a fair chunk of the previous admin staff as well.

It's good to be King.

As I've already said, for some very obviously smart business people, who have made a **** load of money over the years this crew has made some really dumb decisions.

And as @HoldenV8 has suggested a lot comes from the vindictive revengeful actions of ZtH, which despite being " family" I'm amazed to this very day that this person has such influence.

I have to say, a little piece of my heart has been broken since the Penn/Zorba vindictive regime took hold.
In such a short time: the wonderful Eagles Angels are gone, great front office staff including the person who signed Kaspersky gone, Donny Singe gone, Tooves and staff gone, Fulton Nepotism Unlimited invited in and given the keys to the empire.
All the talk of how good or bad Barrett and the team are means little in comparison to the complete lack of humanity, the pure vindictiveness shown by the Custodians of the team I have loved since I was a kid. Yes, a little piece of my heart is broken and the care factor for Manly is plummeting until the custodians change.
I wish it were different.

How about a petition by all members (I know we cant get them all) that we wont renew our membership until the Angels are bought back and Zorba is removed. I know it wont happen but its a nice thought that maybe our membership, as a whole group, actually meant something.
Im with you @Budgewoi Eagle plummeting at a fast rate.

How about a petition by all members (I know we cant get them all) that we wont renew our membership until the Angels are bought back and Zorba is removed. I know it wont happen but its a nice thought that maybe our membership, as a whole group, actually meant something.
Im with you @Budgewoi Eagle plummeting at a fast rate.

A petition would be dismissed as irrelevant.

This is just another reason why I don't think any of us should automatically re-sign our memberships early. Let our masters see how we can vote with our feet, and just maybe they will do something that temps us all to re-sign.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7