Eagles Angels

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Thanks for sharing Ryan. Glad that the club managed, and did reply. Good to see

If the Eagles Angels are looking to link with a Manly sporting organisation that appreciates all they do on the northern beaches, they need look no further than Manly United FC.

As we revealed last week, Manly's pioneering female league supporters group is considering breaking away from the club after being snubbed by management. The Eagles Angels have been a greater supporter of Manly since their inception in 2002, but there have been largely neglected since the Penn family took control of the Silvertails. Angels co-founder Wendy Hamer indicated breaking away was a real option because "you can't do anything or be of any help if you're not welcome". Should the Angels wish to remain involved with sport on the peninsula, Manly United FC is ready to roll out the maroon carpet. While it hasn't the profile or funds of the Sea Eagles, the MUFC is also providing pathways for players pursuing their dreams of becoming an elite footballer.

"Any sporting organisation that has the support of the Angels is extremely fortunate," said Manly United FC director Brian Meinrath.

"If there is a real wish to move on from the Sea Eagles we'd warmly welcome them here at Manly United FC. As a non-profit organisation, we are always searching for ways to raise our profile and drive awareness of our activities and programs. If this amazing team of women were to transfer their support and effort to our club it would make an immediate and significant difference, both on and off the field. Their support would be greatly valued and we'd ensure we'd do everything we can to keep them in our fold."

Our new owners are running the club like typical corporate wankers

They want to put their stamp on the cvlub by getting rid of anything to do with the previous regime whether it is good or bad and then replace everything with new.

Then in 5 years time, assuming we are still around, then start bringing back the old people because they realise that they worked better than the new ones.

Anyone smart would keep what is already working and just replace or improve what is not.

Tackle Seven – Mother Eagle flies the nest

Manly players were shocked this week to learn of yet another departure from the club – counselor Judy Fitzgerald. The career coach had grown immensely close to the players and their families over the past two years; helping them to cope with various dramas off the field and offering career advice post-football. She left without warning this week; the latest staffer to jump ship in a year of extraordinary bloodletting at Brookvale.

Fitzgerald took to Facebook to break the news on Thursday night. In a post addressed to the “wives and partners of my beloved Sea Eagles players and coaches”, Fitzgerald wrote: “I also walk away with a heavy heart about no longer being chartered to work with your fabulous partners and husbands. The grief I feel is a little overwhelming.”

We seem to be getting rid of a lot of people lately but don't seem to be hiring any new ones to replace them. Cost cutting?

The Penns are the epitome of greed. Ours. We won. We can do what we want. You're sacked. Ours.
Whereas the wiser among us know they are merely custodians of this great club.
The custodian should be about care for the culture. And it is here that our club is in most danger.
And that hurts.

I love that description: "merely custodians". I'm going to use that whenever I talk about the Penns, and I hope we no longer refer to them as owners.

The Penns are the epitome of greed. Ours. We won. We can do what we want. You're sacked. Ours.
Whereas the wiser among us know they are merely custodians of this great club.
The custodian should be about care for the culture. And it is here that our club is in most danger.
And that hurts.

And I have said this before . Can we survive the PENNS , or will it be the end of our Manly culture . May be that is what they want . Then they can sell it as a licence with no strings attached. It would be worth a lot more if there were no links to the northern beaches.

Last edited:
Tackle Seven – Mother Eagle flies the nest

Manly players were shocked this week to learn of yet another departure from the club – counselor Judy Fitzgerald. The career coach had grown immensely close to the players and their families over the past two years; helping them to cope with various dramas off the field and offering career advice post-football. She left without warning this week; the latest staffer to jump ship in a year of extraordinary bloodletting at Brookvale.

Fitzgerald took to Facebook to break the news on Thursday night. In a post addressed to the “wives and partners of my beloved Sea Eagles players and coaches”, Fitzgerald wrote: “I also walk away with a heavy heart about no longer being chartered to work with your fabulous partners and husbands. The grief I feel is a little overwhelming.”

Judy was bullied out of the club and had no support by Joe Kelly who is too weak to make a decision. Very sad loss for the club. Only 3 more admin people left since the Penns took over.

Judy was bullied out of the club and had no support by Joe Kelly who is too weak to make a decision. Very sad loss for the club. Only 3 more admin people left since the Penns took over.
Well there is one there that wont go. She is so far up zorbas back side she cant be removed. I do think she was used by him to target the others. Deer Dee Deer

Those 3 must be very worried.

Why do the Penn's seem intent on getting rid of just about everyone involved in our decade of dominance?

I mean, you look at the past 10 years of the NRL and only one club - Melbourne - can come close to matching our record and they got to the top by cheating the salary cap like no one has ever done before. We did it legitimately.

Why do the Penn's seem intent on getting rid of just about everyone involved in our decade of dominance?

I mean, you look at the past 10 years of the NRL and only one club - Melbourne - can come close to matching our record and they got to the top by cheating the salary cap like no one has ever done before. We did it legitimately.
Nothing wrong with a new start. Only problem is that with the heavy handed process, that has still not been communicated to the Season Ticket Holders, they are eradicating all the Customers too. @:cool:
I honestly believe that they have no idea of what makes us renew our Memberships for decades on end. But they hired a Membership Guru, so he should have the skill to fill the seats left by those of us who are leaving.:whew:

The treatment of 2v has wiped all their goodwill out. Supporting and bonding with an honest, hard working sportsman like 2v for three decades, can not be eradicated by a potentially dour season. The media spin was obvious and now even the Manly Haters are cheering for Toovey's Team to make the Finals - who would have thunk it! :giggle:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4