Eagles Angel lets fly at state of junior rugby league

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I have plenty of kiwi mates that have sons in the under 12's in brissie. Most are very large and tower above many of the opposition.

They reckon small, fast kids that are creative should be banned from the game. Its unfair on the big kids to have to get the physical condition required to play league with these cardio dynamos. It wont be long before one of there kids has a heart attack chasing a gazelle.

But being big maori dads in logan they dont dare make such public statements or use profanity for fear of being socially victimised

My son plays in the Central Coast junior rugby league - seems to be no big islander kids up there. You still get your big Anglos but the size mismatches aren't as bad. Nici might want to send her son up there to play ;)

There has always been bigger kids in teams
I think the real issue here is that they are bringing in kids from out of the area to compete . That to me needs to be addressed and why the local league is letting this happen
The forfeits are most likely due to that then the size of these kids

Sure glad toovey never complained about tackling bigger blokes when he was young

Rember it is not the size of the dog in the fight it is the size of the fight in the dog

Of course we all know of a small tough kid that mixed with the big ones.

But the decision that has to be made is Rugby League only for the physically talented or is there room for the kids that just love to play for fun.

At the moment kids don't play past the u/13's unless they are in the top 10% to15% of players.

Sure glad toovey never complained about tackling bigger blokes when he was young

Rember it is not the size of the dog in the fight it is the size of the fight in the dog
Speaking of that, there was one young kid we had who was in the Toovey category. What a thrill to see him play his first Qcup game for Wynum-Manly on the weekend.And he's only 18. Unfortunately the Broncos snared him a cpl years ago. Brent Wolf. This kid is the same size as Tooves and drops the big blokes just like Tooves.

Hop into the kid's shoes. Being slaughtered. Being the slaughterer. Being in a close contest.

Which is most fun? When might you drop out? Where is the best growth?

1. Wendy Harmer ‏@wendy_harmer
    18m18 minutes ago
    The issue is, I believe, that players were bussed in from Blacktown to fill Beacon Hill roster. Many locals not happy. @oldlillipilli
  2. Wendy Harmer Retweeted In reply to Wendy Harmer
    Ash Kaye ‏@Mumdeep 41m41 minutes ago
    @wendy_harmer absolutely disgraceful from what I've heard.

3. Wendy Harmer ‏@wendy_harmer 46m46 minutes ago
    Correction... I believe this is the game that descended into chaos - U17 GRADE 10.30.A.M AVALON V BEACON HILL

4. Wendy Harmer ‏@wendy_harmer 49m49 minutes ago
    Wondering when footage of league U16's Beacon Hill v. Avalon will surface? Sounds like an ugly scene there this arvo.

5. The above is from Wendy Harmer on twitter this arvo. Read it in reverse. Sorry for ordinary cut and paste.

They haven’t been spotted in force at Brookvale Oval for almost two years.

Nor are they involved in promoting the club off the field.

And now one of their most popular and longest-serving members has walked away.

Andronicus made her thoughts known on Facebook. Former champion triathlete Nici Andronicus has sworn off the code altogether; but not before letting rip with the most vitriolic social media post we’ve seen from a high profile league fan.

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/league/...ets-fly-at-state-of-junior-rugby-league/#stop
There lack of recent involvement can be attributed to the Penn's and that imbecile Joe Kelly. They refused to engage with what is a valuable Sea Eagle group. The Angels do great work.

1. Wendy Harmer ‏@wendy_harmer
    18m18 minutes ago
    The issue is, I believe, that players were bussed in from Blacktown to fill Beacon Hill roster. Many locals not happy. @oldlillipilli
  2. Wendy Harmer Retweeted In reply to Wendy Harmer
    Ash Kaye ‏@Mumdeep 41m41 minutes ago
    @wendy_harmer absolutely disgraceful from what I've heard.

3. Wendy Harmer ‏@wendy_harmer 46m46 minutes ago
    Correction... I believe this is the game that descended into chaos - U17 GRADE 10.30.A.M AVALON V BEACON HILL

4. Wendy Harmer ‏@wendy_harmer 49m49 minutes ago
    Wondering when footage of league U16's Beacon Hill v. Avalon will surface? Sounds like an ugly scene there this arvo.

5. The above is from Wendy Harmer on twitter this arvo. Read it in reverse. Sorry for ordinary cut and paste.

lol, If you want people to read the list in reverse...you should out that comment on the top...and not the bottom!!!!!

Unless you're invoking the last fan standing winner prerogative where you can do what you want! :) :crown::crown::crown:

Either way... doesn't sound good. (the tweets I mean)

I read a mum's account of this, apparently the underdogs won 21/20 with a field goal in the last minute, despite being up against a side full of massive islander kids.

And then the losing side, started a fight with the winners, with it descending into an all out brawl including bench players.

Seriously, and you wonder why people pull their kids out of junior league.

I think this was a 16's side , so they aren't little kids but still not a good example of hour junior sport should be played.

lol, If you want people to read the list in reverse...you should out that comment on the top...and not the bottom!!!!!

Unless you're invoking the last fan standing winner prerogative where you can do what you want! :) :crown::crown::crown:

Either way... doesn't sound good. (the tweets I mean)
Hehe. Was posted in the midst of the trauma that was yesterday's Manly massacre. Sorry!
Besides, I can always count on the intelligence of Silvertails to figure me out!!

The Fultons have put together a team of juniors packed with players they think will be the future stars of the peninsula. Shouldn't they be lauded with such long sighted thinking? Nepotism aside.

Hope that isn't the U17's that played at Brookvale on the weekend.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7