Eagle Rock

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

What you think of eagle rock

• Keep it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Time for a change

• Don't care

• Total voters

DUFFMAN

Bencher
On the Telegraph website from the fans day a number of fans complained it may be time for a new celebratory song, after the 1971 Daddy Cool song Eagle Rock.

Who are these fans, every Manly fan I know loves hearing the song.

Is it time for a change.......... if so what too.

DUFFMAN said:
On the Telegraph website from the fans day a number of fans complained it may be time for a new celebratory song, after the 1971 Daddy Cool song Eagle Rock.

Who are these fans, every Manly fan I know loves hearing the song.

Is it time for a change.......... if so what too.

Probably bandwagon types. Or maybe it was just the Bellylaugh reporter, with the editor looking for an opportunity to get some more anti-Manly responses from the great unwashed out there in cyberspace.

No change needed. I think we're the only club with a contemporary (well, sort of) song. I well remember falling over in laughter with the 'Roosters Man' song at the SFS. Very gay. Other clubs seem to have old beer drinking 50's songs similar to AFL dirges.. Eagle Rock is well known, easy to remember and sing and it's known as ours. No need to change. I also love Neill Diamond's 'Sweet Caroline' when the kids run onto the oval.. All good.

love it. won't change, doesn't need to.

i reckon the club from a marketing point could utilise something modern as well, perhaps aiming at attracting and building a membership culture for the current teenage / young adult crowd and do something with Aussie band Children Collide who have a great song 'My Eagle' that i think could cross over well (older folks may find it a bit too grungey, but appeals to youth and im guessing the teenage / younger adult membership numbers may not be as high as the older adults)

the NRL used one of their tracks for friday night footy intro a year or two ago, so many people are aware of them and they play all the big festivals, may have even played a finals series in the past.

Being Aussie they'd be easier to get to play at a game or similar.. NRL shouldve got them to play a song like 'my eagle' then a kiwi band to play a song as pre match entertainment, more exciting than people just playing new singles. would add way more atmosphere to the day.

this one is the one they used for FNF that people would know.
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clf_Ong6gUo[/video]

and this one is 'My Eagle'
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpIrneE27gk[/video]

i think lyrically it fits as well, themes of loyalty "my eagles too busy looking out for me" etc. with some footage spliced over the song, and the message to become part of the team by way of membership etc.

never could it replace as a theme song, not saying that at all, but a way to push the brand into an extra market i reckon anyway! just my two cents.

The people that want it changed are probably the same people that have a cry when they have to abandon their camping chairs & stand up on the top of the hill, or whinge when other fans make noise.

Why sing, cheer, or play Eagle Rock when you can golf clap the day away?

WTF is wrong with some people? the feeling you get when singing eagle rock after a win is great!

I loved it until about the 10th time in a row I heard it at brookie oval on Sunday night, with some girl singing it behind my ear on every rendition

They definitely overplayed it after the GF. I must admit I lost a little love for the song after that.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6