e-mail from manly leagues club re des

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

castle eagle

Bencher
Tipping Member
Dear Member

The Directors of Manly-Warringah District Rugby League Football Club (Football Club) and Manly-Warringah Rugby League Club (League Club) are deeply concerned at reports currently circulating about Des Hasler's position as coach of the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles.

As Chairman of the Football and League Clubs I can confirm that both Boards:

Support Des Hasler as coach of the Sea Eagles
Support the extension of Des Hasler's contract to coach the Sea Eagles
Support Des Hasler's request for increased funding for the Toyota and NSW Cup teams
Both Clubs acknowledge the outstanding role Des Hasler has played in the Club as player and coach and his importance to the future of our great club. Both Boards are working with Penn Sport and the Quantum Group to secure a long-term extension of Des Hasler's coaching contract with the Sea Eagles. Rest assured, if we can make it happen, on terms that work for both Des and the Sea Eagles, we will.

Yours faithfully

Bob Reilly, Chairman
MWDRLFC
MWRLC

thought some may like to read this

"terms that work" could mean anything. It's good they publicly acknowledge the importance of Des. Hopefully it's backed up by deeds of substance.

I am glad they have made a statement.

The board needs to do its upmost to obtain the funding it needs to ensure we create a dynasty to last hundred and hundreds of years.

Retain Des no matter what.

I agree Des is great but surely if he coaches us for more than a hundred years he'll start running out of new ideas.

Very sensible statement to release. I trust Zorba has also distributed it to the media.
With our on field success surely it will generate greater membership numbers for 2012, and some extra revenue.

The death knell for any coach under the pump is when the club publicly state that the coach has the full support of the board.

However in this case I really hope that this is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help me Des.

The stuff about the board not supporting to extend his contract at the start of the year is bull****.

The same faggots who reported that the board didn't support him reported that that they do support him

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/manly-coach-des-hasler-decides-to-stay-at-the-helm-of-the-sea-eagles-past-2011-nrl-season/story-fn2mcuj6-1226085968634

"The Manly board also recently voted in favour of offering Hasler a two-year extension, a contract that would make him the first coach in the club's history to hold office for ten consecutive seasons."

This is just a huge media beatup.

Chip and Chase said:
The death knell for any coach under the pump is when the club publicly state that the coach has the full support of the board.

However in this case I really hope that this is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help me Des.
If this is not the truth , may God save the Queen but nothing is going to save the board.:mad:

Chip and Chase said:

I would hardly call Des a "coach under the pump".

Quite the opposite. His success puts him in a strong position to at least seek the dollars lesser coaches (Sheens, Stuart) expect.

Rothfield and the Telegraph are just trying to manufacture a story so they can sell papers and this just sets the record straight that no one wants to see Des go.

As an earlier poster pointed out, the only issue now is dollars because what Des deserves and what the Sea Eagles can afford don't necessarily line up. But that's why we privatised, to give us the financial backing needed to compete with rich clubs like Canterbury who still get millions from their leagues clubs.

Fortunately, I am sure Penn and Quantum will see the best decision right now is to put in the extra dollars needed to keep Des. It will still be less than what the dogs would have to pay to get Des across.

I know this forum is commendably dedicated to uncensored discussion on all topics, but i wonder if Dan and the mods might consider this situation in light of the position taken on the Brett Stewart trial? Namely, let's just not have any more topics about Des & the board and the Dogs until about 6.30 next Sunday ... while the club tries to focus on grand final week.

If we win this it will go down as one of the very best in our history, given our low rating before he season started.

There are obvious interest groups out to divert/destabilise/distract us, why should we be part of that? If the media spouts some bs, that is out of our control. If people have concerns speak to people in the club, please don't add to rumour and speculation on a public forum.

Rex said:
"terms that work" could mean anything.

Exactly Rex. Impeccable timing as always from our man Reilly. Why does it sound like those strenuous CEO's who say "the coach's position is secure" before sacking them in the following fortnight?

SeaEagleRock8 said:
I know this forum is commendably dedicated to uncensored discussion on all topics, but i wonder if Dan and the mods might consider this situation in light of the position taken on the Brett Stewart trial? Namely, let's just not have any more topics about Des & the board and the Dogs until about 6.30 next Sunday ... while the club tries to focus on grand final week.

If we win this it will go down as one of the very best in our history, given our low rating before he season started.

There are obvious interest groups out to divert/destabilise/distract us, why should we be part of that? If the media spouts some bs, that is out of our control. If people have concerns speak to people in the club, please don't add to rumour and speculation on a public forum.

Agree, for discussion post next Sunday otherwise the media will be ALL over this...needs to be deleted and no new ones started until Sunday night

OneEyedEagle said:
The board needs to do its upmost to obtain the funding it needs to ensure we create a dynasty to last hundred and hundreds of years.

Retain Des no matter what.

I am sure the board would love some suggestions as to how they can raise more money for the club.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6