Dylan Walker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm not some big Walker champion, but geez the guy got stuffed around a bit this season; he is not a 6. He was thrust into the play making role and was simply not up to it. Then we moved him to centre and just when he looked like getting it together, Barrett moved him back to 6 when Killer got injured. Then he punched a door (dumb I know) so he has had a really stop start season. He runs hard and you can see him putting in 110% so I can see him being very good next season if he can stay in his preferred position for a weeks at a time.

You'll find the overall attack from the outside backs will improve. Look a team like Canberra...90% of the year they've had Wighton, Lee, Crocker, Leilua, Rapana, Austin and Sezer all together every week.

Not writing him of yet Snake, he does show enough glimpses of natural talent and desire. But really needs to go to centre school and become better at playing with the blokes inside him and for the bloke outside him.

For years when every Manly winger (including T-Rex) were either top or near the top of the try scoring list I used to say my grandmother could score tries outside Lyon, Stewart or Matai. Not sure I will be able to say the same for Walker .... yet.

Not writing him of yet Snake, he does show enough glimpses of natural talent and desire. But really needs to go to centre school and become better at playing with the blokes inside him and for the bloke outside him.

For years when every Manly winger (including T-Rex) were either top or near the top of the try scoring list I used to say my grandmother could score tries outside Lyon, Stewart or Matai. Not sure I will be able to say the same for Walker .... yet.

He's a talent mate, just not at 5/8, stay tuned for 2017 I think he will turn out to be a real gun for us.

I wonder if the players look at themselves after the season is done (not talking just about Walker), and say, "wow, this club hasn't been this bad in 12 years, and I'm part of it", and feel really bad?

The way this generation of players are though, I really don't think they'd care, as long as they are getting paid, and treated like royalty.

From day 1, this club as a whole this season (and parts of last) just didn't feel like Manly. 0 ticker, passion and heart. It's like watching a blank piece of paper, that has no character, soul or culture.

We are The Northern Eagles - all over again. I just hope Parramatta don't leap frog us.

I wonder if the players look at themselves after the season is done (not talking just about Walker), and say, "wow, this club hasn't been this bad in 12 years, and I'm part of it", and feel really bad?

The way this generation of players are though, I really don't think they'd care, as long as they are getting paid, and treated like royalty.

From day 1, this club as a whole this season (and parts of last) just didn't feel like Manly. 0 ticker, passion and heart. It's like watching a blank piece of paper, that has no character, soul or culture.

We are The Northern Eagles - all over again. I just hope Parramatta don't leap frog us.
Man, you can't knock their efforts recently. They have performed pretty good, but there are a couple of plodders that need an eject seat

Walker was signed to play 5/8, with very little form guide to go on. That experiment was an abject failure and probably a big reason for our struggles this year. I wonder what sort of due diligence was done on such a critical signing. Walker has got skills and will be an asset to the side, but I wonder if they are going to persist with him at 6 next year.

Walker was signed to play 5/8, with very little form guide to go on. That experiment was an abject failure and probably a big reason for our struggles this year. I wonder what sort of due diligence was done on such a critical signing. Walker has got skills and will be an asset to the side, but I wonder if they are going to persist with him at 6 next year.
Any astute judge that saw Walker at 5/8 for the rabbit's could see that he is not a quality 5/8, yet our coaching staff fcked our season persisting with Walker at 5/8 turning a thoroughbred into a mule .
vector-of-a-cartoon-plodding-donkey-pulling-a-cart-coloring-page-outline-by-ron-leishman-24158.jpg

Any astute judge that saw Walker at 5/8 for the rabbit's could see that he is not a quality 5/8, yet our coaching staff fcked our season persisting with Walker at 5/8 turning a thoroughbred into a mule .
View attachment 4123

Spot on Bozo, the mixo's tried Walker at 5/8 and it simply did not work.

The mind boggles as to what genius at Manly thought it would, it was pretty obvious after the first few games this year that he did not magically morph into a 5/8 once entering the land of milk and honey. And the dynamic between he and Chez was just not on and glaringly obvious.

Anyway, maybe they can flog another donkey and get the same result...lol.

Now for the most over used cliché of all time.....
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

View attachment 4123
Bozo everyone knows Lyon said he didn't want to play 5/8 at the start of the season so I don't know why people keep flogging this angle. They tried something because they more or less had to and it didn't work. Anyone with half a brain knows that it is better to try and fail than never try at all.

^ They weren't forced into using Walker at 6. They signed him with full intention of playing him there, it was their PLAN not their answer to an unexpected problem. Anyone with half a brain knows that if you proudly proclaim your big marquee signing is the future 5/8 for your club and it turns out he can't actually play in that position very well, then that's just a fail.....not a "try and fail".

Be interested to see how he is used moving forward, do they persist over the off season with trying to make him a 6 or do they cut their losses and leave him in the centres.

Bozo everyone knows Lyon said he didn't want to play 5/8 at the start of the season so I don't know why people keep flogging this angle. They tried something because they more or less had to and it didn't work. Anyone with half a brain knows that it is better to try and fail than never try at all.
What I have never understood is why Killer ever got to insist on that. Probably the rookie coach issue.
Regardless of the work he's done in the past, if I'm paying someone that kind of money, I might begin by trying to convince him to do what I ask, but I most certainly finish with insisting.
I love him, but I don't get it. Never did from the moment (Week Three, to be generous) that the door puncher was not going to cut it.

^ They weren't forced into using Walker at 6. They signed him with full intention of playing him there, it was their PLAN not their answer to an unexpected problem. Anyone with half a brain knows that if you proudly proclaim your big marquee signing is the future 5/8 for your club and it turns out he can't actually play in that position very well, then that's just a fail.....not a "try and fail".

Be interested to see how he is used moving forward, do they persist over the off season with trying to make him a 6 or do they cut their losses and leave him in the centres.
When they didn't have a 6 I'd say they went out looking for someone they thought could fill that hole. Walkers name probably came up and because of his pure talent level they thought it was too good to pass up. Either way he's useful somewhere and I'd imagine that's going to be in the centres, especially if they've signed Blake Green.

Walker is not a centre, way too small/light. Neec to built like Morris/Dugan/Inglis/Jennings etc or have the Matai mongrel

I think the 5/8th move was right but he couldn't produce his best form.

Maybe all that talent will amount to nothing if they can't put 10kg on him without losing his speed and agility.

It's a pity but talent alone just won't cut it sometimes.

Mate you obviously have been watching a different team. Yeah they started poorly and players playing out of position also horrible injuries but to say they lack effort and passion is just poor. They have been trying their guts out just not our year.

Supporters like you who continue to bag out the teams effort is a joke.

It was a breath of fresh air when you didn't post on here for ages because i didn't have to read your whinging crap every post.

Can't believe you reckon blokes like the turbos dont care about the result. You been watching the post match conferences or see the shed last game with the two turbos heads in laps absolutely shattered. They care mate they try their guts out and supporters like you just bag the sh%t out of them every week cause they are losing. Absolute drop kick

playing him at five eighth is generally asking for a truce with the opposition. He's a good centre with a good running game on the edge but ive never seen a player be so bad in one position (6) yet still be good in another position (3).

Walker is not a centre, way too small/light. Neec to built like Morris/Dugan/Inglis/Jennings etc or have the Matai mongrel

His defense needs work but he isn't too small. For comparison:

Michael Jennings: 180cm - 94kg
Dylan Walker: 181cm - 94kg
Steve Matai: 182cm - 94kg
Brett Morris: 183cm - 96kg
Josh Dugan: 189cm - 103kg
Tom Trbojevic: 194cm - 102kg
Greg Inglis: 195cm - 105kg

http://www.nrl.com/telstrapremiersh...ubid/5/playerid/5454/seasonid/44/default.aspx

I think the 5/8th move was right but he couldn't produce his best form.

Maybe all that talent will amount to nothing if they can't put 10kg on him without losing his speed and agility.

It's a pity but talent alone just won't cut it sometimes.
I disagree. The 5/8th experiment just did not work.

Again, he is 21 years old and has already represented Australia, NSW and won a premiership as a centre.

Not saying some of the criticism isn't justified. If he consistently gets on the field as a centre with good service from the middle of the field, then hopefully we will start to see improvement.

"I would love to play six alongside Daly Cherry-Evans and inside both Steve Matai and Jamie Lyon," Walker said via a club statement.

"Five-eighth was my favourite position coming through the juniors and if the coach wants me there I will jump at the opportunity.

http://m.nrl.com/sea-eagles-sign-dylan-walker/tabid/10874/newsid/91216/default.aspx
It's not like him saying "yeah I guess I'm just a stop gap until that bloke in the centres retires" is gonna instill confidence in members to renew.

Let's remember that the DCE-Walker combo have only played like 8 games and I'm pretty sure it's for a win/loss ratio of 4-4. You must also consider that DCE did not have a pre season as he was recovering from shoulder surgery so they did not train much together as a halves combo.

@Ranger i am not being critical of Walker, I like him. But if he doesn't muscle up he might be rendered useless.

It wasn't just an experiment at 5/8th, it's the position he played early on, its the position he was bought here to play.

To me he fits the half back mould better than anything else. But lacks any of the skills to play that position.

The measurements you quote are interesting. But seriously would you back Dylan to beat Jennings in a physical contest of any sort.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8