Dylan walker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Walker is not a 5/8
Vave is not a half back

and Barrett in not a coach that is capable of taking us to another premiership win
The loss against the depleted Eels , a club in so much turmoil
painted a picture on the standard of Barrett's coaching ability .

Depleted Eels, fair dinkum Bozo, if I asked you at the beginning of the year before a ball was kicked, how many games would we win without Snake, Matai and Lyon all out of the same game, I reckon you would have said none.

"Running halves or a running 5/8" in nearly all cases usually means their ball playing abilities are average at best---they will perform the odd great solo effort performances usually when the go forward is punching through at will combined with poor opposition defense structures leaving one on one space out wide but in general they get easily worked out.

The problem for Barrett this year for the most part, up to the last 5 weeks or so the go forward has not been good enough for prolonged periods while trying to remain patient with a ball runner with limited ball playing. Barrett was trying to remain patient in the hope the go forward and up tempo play would improve and hopefully lay the platform for next year or the second half of this year.

In a way you have to admire his patience, a new coach can easily succumb into changing things up all over the place when under pressure to get instant results to show his worth and retain his job but he stuck it out in the hope of building into next year.

Now me personally never been a fan of ball runners who pass a little, more prefer ball players with the ability to run a little who are much harder to find these days, as halves mature the ball playing becomes more composed and not as rushed or limited.

Barrett took the risk thinking long term, Lyon is the fix for the short term. If Barrett went with Lyon from the start we may or may not have been in a better place now but in the back of Barrett's mind he might be thinking of using Walker as a 5/8 the following year.

At least now there is no way Barrett will be using Walker as an out and out 5/8 next year. The experience gained in the halves will allow Walker to slowly develop this side of his play with less pressure in a more rounded centre role.

Walker may be able to slowly develop his ball playing composure and kicking in a more limited way in the centres and by his mid to late 20's like Lyon slip back in at times with a more developed skillset and greater understanding of his limitations.

Last edited:
"Running halves or a running 5/8" in nearly all cases usually means their ball playing abilities are average at best---they will perform the odd great solo effort performances usually when the go forward is punching through at will combined with poor opposition defense structures leaving one on one space out wide but in general they get easily worked out.

The problem for Barrett this year for the most part, up to the last 5 weeks or so the go forward has not been good enough for prolonged periods while trying to remain patient with a ball runner with limited ball playing. Barrett was trying to remain patient in the hope the go forward and up tempo play would improve and hopefully lay the platform for next year or the second half of this year.

In a way you have to admire his patience, a new coach can easily succumb into changing things up all over the place when under pressure to get instant results to show his worth and retain his job but he stuck it out in the hope of building into next year.

Now me personally never been a fan of ball runners who pass a little more prefer ball players with the ability to run a little who are much harder to find these days, as halves mature the ball playing becomes more composed and not as rushed or limited.

Barrett took the risk thinking long term, Lyon is the fix for the short term. If Barrett went with Lyon from the start we may or may not have been in a better place now but in the back of Barrett's mind he might be thinking of using Walker as a 5/8 the following year.

At least now there is no way Barrett will be using Walker as an out and out 5/8 next year. The experience gained in the halves will allow Walker to slowly develop this side of his play with less pressure in a more rounded centre role.

Walker may be able to slowly develop his ball playing composure and kicking in a more limited way in the centres and by his mid to late 20's like Lyon slip back in at times with a more developed skillset and greater understanding of his limitations.
Longwinded, but very sensible post

Well you need a story based on a theory to develop an atmosphere be it induce boredom into the reader, optimism,educate or frustration.

Or maybe i speak in parables not to make it easier for the masses to understand but for the people who open their minds and hearts totally to understand TC.
Gold medal contributions always TC

Depleted Eels, fair dinkum Bozo, if I asked you at the beginning of the year before a ball was kicked, how many games would we win without Snake, Matai and Lyon all out of the same game, I reckon you would have said none.
At the end of the day excuses don't win games feathered friend . Parra had more players out and is a club in kaos but they still put the Barrett coached team to the sword .
The Titans are another team facing more adversity than our team but Henry is also doing a better coach than Barrett
If you think that Barrett is our super coach than that's your prerogative .
I have given Barrett the benefit of the doubt for 21 rounds but after this loss against the team against all odds , I have no doubt that Barrett is not the smart coach to take us to a premiership win .

At the end of the day excuses don't win games feathered friend . Parra had more players out and is a club in kaos but they still put the Barrett coached team to the sword .
The Titans are another team facing more adversity than our team but Henry is also doing a better coach than Barrett
I have given Barrett the benefit of the doubt for 21 rounds but after this loss against the team against all odds , I have no doubt that Barrett is not the smart coach to take us to a premiership win .

No, excuses don't win games, but it takes a very special effort to ignore all contributing factors.

Why does it always have to be "at the end of the day", i guess it's a nice twist on the old "the fact of the matter is" Malcolm Turnbull style and "what not".

He represents what happens when a player is moved every week in a season. He has played 2 games at his preferred position. Everyone is being harsh on Dylan. Barrett is the one to blame, Koroisau has played great in the halves why not put him in the 6 jersey when Lyon is out? It's a joke the way Barrett coaches and selects the team he doesn't think.

Api has never played great in the halves, he had 1 good game and 2 poor ones.

If you marked him the same as you would DCE he has played 1 average game and 2 woeful.

The disturbing thing he was recruited to play 5/8. There is no doubt he is a great centre

But im am worried that Barrett recruited him with every intention to partner DCE.

We lost a local junior Gutherson becaus of this.

I am really worried now about our current coach.

He got it very wrong, it is a results driven business, Walker 5/8 experiment failed,

Twenty... it is time to go back to the land you came from

G'day all,As TC has alluded to we lack genuine ball playing options apart from DCE. The one other player who is a genuine ball player Mateo,who has now been let go,would surely of been a better option,even allowing for his flaws,at 5/8 at least while Jamie is out allowing Walker to play centre and Brown to where he is best suited,the bench.
cheers mike

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4