1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dugan out for NSW

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Killer03, May 29, 2016.

1. Killer03

Killer03 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,699 / 27
    Apparently Dugan is out with his elbow injury and Josh Morris has been called in. I think this is probably a blessing in disguise. Dugan has played well for NSW at fullback, but Morris has been the best centre at origin level to contain Inglis, this could be a real positive.

2. eaglebuzz

eaglebuzz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,023 / 77
    Yeah I hope this is true. I think Morris would be the better centre.

3. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    So why didn't Walker get promoted, I thought he was the utility brought in to cover injury ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. mozgrame

mozgrame Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,571 / 45
    That would seem logical, wouldn't it? I would much prefer Morris over Dugan however, so I guess Lozza has other plans for Walker.

I hate all this smoke and mirrors crap in the lead ups to SOO.

5. R3

R3 Bird gang affiliate

Ratings:
    +203 / 6
    On one side it looked like a golden opportunity to replace walker with a genuine utility like J Bird, Austin or Graham and slot him in the centres. On the other hand I can agree with them assuming they don't believe he'd be upto standard defending Inglis so J Moz is still the better option to mark up G.I and Oates. Fair enough logic I suppose..

6. eaglebuzz

eaglebuzz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,023 / 77
    Morris has proven himself over the years and Walker is the more likely to add some spark off the bench. Makes sense that Morris starts.

7. Frank

Frank Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,159 / 26
    Walker in for Dugan would have been a disaster. I have been watching Walker in defence this season. Sure he's more exposed at 5/8 but he would be absolutely trampled by Inglis in the centres. Morris coming back into the team was the best result for NSW.

I'm still bewildered that Walker was picked in the first place.

8. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +968 / 40
    Josh has been Good for NSW in the past but I feel his game is declining from age and the injuries he has suffered.
    I personally would of moved walker to centre but the Snoz nose best.

Edit: like many I am suprised Walker is even there tbh.
    Is Roberts in form?

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. maxta

maxta Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Toowoomba, Queensland
    Ratings:
    +2,346 / 56
    I think it will be an unorthodox role for Walker....his likely to come off the bench & play a running dummy half attacking behind the ruck area & off 2nd phase - before I get shot down, wait till Wednesday & see.

10. Crusher_Cleal

Crusher_Cleal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +555 / 17
    This is a god-send for NSW, Dugan is not a centre and would have starved his winger of the ball.

• Agree Agree x 2