• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Christ Kiwi, the slime was ALREADY TACKLED and matai came over the top, with his arm swinging, end of story. I saw it, the crowd saw it, the ref saw it and the charging committee saw it. I wish he hadn't, but he did. Now the team suffers the consequences of him missing weeks. It's tough defending the indefensible I know, but be realistic.

Already tackled ?

So he was on the ground and wasn't upright when he went in to finish the tackle ?

And also, i think you will find that the ref didnt see it, he allowed the player to get up and was tipped off by the video ref

he was falling in the tackle and fully secured. Matai was uneeded in the tackle

Yes that is correct, and easy to see afterwards

However in the split second in front of you on the park, things appear much differently

So why swing your arm enough to break a nose?

poor tackling style?
Poor decision making?
Something Lyon would have done?

because he was Parra scum and deserved it- farken hell we are playing footy not netball.
No one else in the team could've pulled off the hits he did in defence on Friday night and imo and he adds a fair bit of starch to our side- lets face it our backrow, while workhorse like, hardly strike fear in opposition runners. As far as stats to back up the effect his hits had on our team and theirs-there aren't too many- but I'm sure it did.

Lets put things in perspective here. Matai has been charged with a Grade 3 CARELESS high tackle.

Unintentional as deemed by the review panel.

Yeah alot of horse**** being sprouted about here.

I thought there was stuff all wrong with it.. it was accidental and unfortunate that's all.

As PJ said.. it's footy not netball.

So why swing your arm enough to break a nose?

poor tackling style?
Poor decision making?
Something Lyon would have done?

Grab yourself a tape

Fastforward to the set immediately after this incident, and 4th tackle, Kite on Inu

You will see someone around Inus legs, and Kite comes in with a swinging arm identical to Matais and finishes him off. Only difference was the fella didnt fall down, which could have easily happened.

These things happen in footy, opponents moving into each at high speed and heavy contact, sometimes these things will happen. To hang a player on something like that is ludacris imo

Can we have a show of hands who has actually played senior rugby league from this site??

I think you'll find the people with stuff all idea have never actually played the game.

thought he was **** reminded me of chad randall

Hey look matai has gone to dummy half what is he going to do.....oh yeah run it down the blind side

We have a hooker for a reason. It was boring and I prefer seeing Lyon there. There is no room for individuals in a team like Manly and having to have others to cover for defensive lapses is not fair. matai is very much a selfish player and that he kept a player of the quality of Ballin out of the game irks me!

And yeah it was great to see him try and shoulder charge Grothe, miss and have grothe pick him up by the scruff of the neck and push him back 3 metres to almost score

Glad he got suspended. bye bye matai

I disagree. A few times this year we've been stuck in our twenty with our backs making two metres. Like one of the games we made it the whole way to the 20 m line.

Matai isn't my favourite but everytime he ran the ball he got close to making ten metres, which really made a difference in getting out of our 20. It also means the forwards don't have to go back as far and can get involved quicker.

Matai's metres may be gold but his penalties are lead in our saddlebags. Those who like the 'mongrel' he brings, fail to appreciate the position our team is in. It's coming first, without the 'mongrel' that Matai introduces. It's a bit rich to argue that that's what's needed given or win/loss record. Players that display 'mongrel', aka foul play, spend more time on the sidelines than contributing to the team effort and that's my main point. Matai is one player that needs to display more disclipine in his efforts, and that's all I've ever said. And I don't see the reason why he was given a saloon ride into top grade when the likes of Dunley, who displays the same stupidity, played in the PL. I know that playing top grade footie isn't netball but his swinging arm is one thing that's not required on a player who was already tackled. It's a tough game, other players might do it, but that's no reason to do it too. And I didn't realize this forum was the preserve of former footie players. Come on board Hoppa, you're needed.

So you wouldn't want Beaver back since we are leading the comp without him, DSM?

Did you want Ordord back since we were undefeated without him?

Matai's played one game (made up in minutes), can't compare with Choc. I was OK with Monas playing half and can't say I'm thrilled with the Ox's form. Beaver can come through the PL to gain match fitness and learn humility like anyone else, except , it seems, the 'golden mongrel boy'. What my thread says is this, I hate stupidity on the field and Matai's the master of stupid play. And no I don't do paragraphs.

I don't think ever, other than maybe in 1996. It would be nice to see though, give him more of a 'grounded' feel, like 'one of us' etc, and get him match fit, seeing as how he's only played 5 minutes this year..

It would be nice to see though, give him more of a 'grounded' feel, like 'one of us' etc

Are you jealous of him or something?

I want him in PL so he feels like I do????

I don't know what to make of that.... :|

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4