Drug-Castle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mybludog

Reserve Grader
No Worries: Knights say current players not linked to court drama
BY BRETT KEEBLE
01 Dec, 2010 01:00 AM
NEWCASTLE Knights chief executive Steve Burraston was ‘‘very comfortable’’ with the NRL club’s image in the wake of evidence emerging from court cases involving former players Danny Wicks and Chris Houston.
Wicks pleaded guilty in Newcastle Local Court on November 5 to three counts of supplying drugs, two of which related to methylamphetamine and another to ecstasy.

His bail was continued and he will be sentenced on March 8.

Another four drugs charges will be taken into account in sentencing.

Wicks was arrested and charged on December 16 last year. The Knights immediately stood him down indefinitely and he voluntarily terminated his contract on December 23.

In separate proceedings which are before the courts, one-time fringe NSW State of Origin forward Houston was charged on March 1 with three counts of supplying ecstasy and one count of supplying cocaine.

Houston has not entered pleas to four counts of supplying drugs.

The Knights immediately stood him down indefinitely, and he voluntarily terminated his contract with the club two days later.

His case remains before Newcastle Local Court and is listed for further mention today.

Burraston told the Newcastle Herald yesterday: ‘‘Of all the evidence that has been presented, there has been none specifically linked to any one of our current players, so I’m very comfortable with where we’re at.

‘‘Given that these cases are ongoing and still before the courts, I believe it is not appropriate for me to comment any further.’’

NRL chief executive David Gallop is monitoring developments as the legal process continues.

NRL media and communications director John Brady said: ‘‘The NRL has said that it will wait to see the matter determined in court, which is the appropriate arena for it to be determined.’’

When Houston appeared in court last Friday, the prosecution tendered to the court the transcript of a telephone conversation between Houston and Wicks at 3.38am on September 13 last year, less than six hours after the Knights were knocked out of the 2009 NRL premiership by the Bulldogs in a qualifying final at ANZ Stadium at Homebush.

Houston: ‘‘What about something local then. Low key, under you. What about your old roomy. Anything.’’
Wicks: ‘‘I don’t know. I’ll give them a call.’’
Houston: ‘‘Let us know. Ring ’em now and let us know.’’
Wicks: ‘‘Ring Gids up and tell him to start searching.’’
Houston: ‘‘Yeah, well we want them ASAP.’’

Wicks: ‘‘Oh well, I’m well aware of that mate. I’m f---ing infuriated.’’
Later in the same conversation, Wicks said: ‘‘Well what about that Deano c---?’’
Houston: ‘‘I don’t know his number.’’
Wicks: ‘‘Yeah, that’s what I’m saying, ring Gids.’’
Houston: ‘‘All right. Speak to you soon.’’
On July 7, when Wicks’s co-offender and one-time friend Emma Kate Frankham pleaded guilty in Newcastle Local Court to supplying Wicks with 30 tablets at Mayfield after 4am on September 13 last year, an intercepted telephone conversation between Wicks and co-accused Steven Stefanovski was among the documents tendered in court.
When Stefanovski told Wicks he could not supply him with ecstasy on the morning of September 13, Wicks said: ‘‘You’ve let me down, I’ve got 20 blokes waiting.’’

Thought this may interest a few. not sure but i doubt it was in the National papers. The whole clubs rotten to the core

Interesting the "Gids" references.

And back in March this article:
http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/state-of-origin/nsw-captain-kurt-gidley-wont-give-up-leadership-or-spot-without-a-fight/story-fn31yxah-1225919100391

A fortnight away from making his comeback from a hamstring tear, the Newcastle skipper has broken his silence on the NSW captaincy and the drug rumours that surround his club after the arrests of former team-mates Danny Wicks and Chris Houston.

Gidley says he is proud of the way the club and his team-mates have bounced back from the crisis, and says rumours of his own involvement are baseless. He also believes the Knights should re-sign Houston if the forward is cleared of the charges.

"I've heard the rumours about me and some of the other boys and it's certainly something you don't like to hear," Gidley said.

"But you can't react to them because you can't control them. Rumours just seem to be a part of life.

"I guess there is going to be that stuff floating around for a while until it is over, but we can't control that.

"I know things have been said, but they are just stories without fact. If you go home and start stewing over those sorts of things, you dig yourself a deeper hole and it's hard to come out of it. That's just the approach you have to have to this whole thing. I think our reaction to it as a team has been great. Any setback, no matter what it is, you've just got to push on and do your best. You'd be letting yourself down and your team-mates down if you didn't."

CHRIS HOUSTON

A few weeks ago, Gidley copped flak and was angry at being photographed by a local newspaper at a surfing competition in Newcastle sitting alongside Houston. He believed the scrutiny was unwarranted.

"He's a great mate of mine," Gidley said. "Plenty of the boys are still good mates with him and he has plenty of support.

"Doogs (Adam MacDougall) and I were already at Surfest and he joined us. My stance is I'm not going to get up and walk away from a bloke I've been good friends with since he moved to Newcastle.

"I'm not sure what the perception of it (the photo) was but, to be honest now, I don't really care. I probably didn't think at the time there was a need for the photo to be taken, but I suppose that's the world we live in."

Asked if he would like to see Houston re-signed if he is cleared of drugs charges in court, Gidley said: "If he's proven innocent, yeah, I'd love to see him back playing for us. He had a big year last year. He was a big player for us. But at the end of the day, that's not a decision for me to make."

You must remember that this club is better qualified than any other in the NRL to cover up drug use by their players. They've done it with O'Davis, McDougall, and Johns. They are experts at turning a blind eye. There is no credibility whatsoever when it comes to denials from that club. In my book everyone who plays for the Knights is a drug user until proven otherwise.

As i said..the whole club is rotten to the core.

Everyone in Newcastle & the Valley know about them and the lengths the club has gone to in the past to cover things up, especially Johns.

Someone else at LHQ must know what's going on.......are they also turning a blind eye ??

For the past two years Gidley's eyes have looked like they're perpetually spinning whenever he dons a sky blue jumper.  Now we know why.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6