Dropping Players Who Leave?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

wizball1973

Reserve Grader
If Foran were to leave, should we continue to play him?

I'd be in favour of trying Riccardi to see if he and DCE can establish a combination.

Can't really see the point of playing someone who doesn't want to be with us.

If we have a shot at winning the silverware, play the best players regardless. If not, then 'trial'.

Toovey will always pick the best 17 players each week and foran will be in the team provided his form and injuries allow.

Besides if he goes and is then dropped the NSW cup who will be in the crowd to boo him then :D

Of course you play him

Anytime you are in with a chance of making the top 8, you put your best available side on the park to try and win the comp, obviously Foran is the best 6 we have

Such a childish petty thing to do, dropping a player because they are leaving.

If we do lose foran, besides re-signing a few I would see if Luke Burt was looking for another club

He is a great winger and goal kicker who can play fullback too. More than worth having in your pack. He can also play 5/8 but not that well

I think you should still play him if he is leaving, still your best 5/8.

At the same token, in terms of re-building, it is a great opportunity to give riccardi half a season to settle in and 're-build', then you have an 'éxpierenced' halves pairing for 2013,

With the exception of Brisbane, which will always be a top four team until the NRL dilutes their unfair advantage, clubs only have a 2-4 year ' window' to win a premiership. Realistically, 2012 is probably our last serious chance for some years, so we play our best players, regardless of where they will be next year.

There professional footie players... even if a player was going he'd want to win another premiership with the club.

This is a tough question but if he was to leave I would most probably discard him to the NSW cup side and move Riccardi into 5/8!

Daniel said:
He is a great winger and goal kicker who can play fullback too. More than worth having in your pack. He can also play 5/8 but not that well

It appears Luke's a quality hacker.

Haha, sign Luke Burt. Good one.

If you're no chance to make the 8 or get the spoon, I'd be all for it. Until that time, no way.

Why cut off your nose to spite your face?

If the player is contracted for this year and we have to pay him for this year, of course we will play him this year.

To suggest otherwise is to imply it is somehow unacceptably disloyal for the player to sign for another club next year. When the club commits to a contract for (only) one, two, three, or four years, does that mean the player must reciprocate by pledging their own loyalty forever?

Only if we have no mathematical chance of making the 8 then I would drop the players leaving and try out some of the younger ones and see how they go, worst case they get some 1st grade experience.

roger14 said:
Only if we have no mathematical chance of making the 8 then I would drop the players leaving and try out some of the younger ones and see how they go, worst case they get some 1st grade experience.
Yes some first grade experience playing alongside teammates who know the match result is relatively meaningless.

Is that really the kind of experience we want our up-and-comers to get?

Riccardi is obviously not ready for firsts yet or they would have played him the last 2 weeks same reason why DCE was not played when Dogkinson was out injured.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6