Double Standards still obvious

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
In an age where NRL officials talk up speeding up a clean game with black & white decisions, including the Blanker. (where referees & officials make it greyer than my Aunt Pollies hair)... There seems complete conflicting officiating by 2 different refs interpretations in every game, forget the bias call, I am more concerned about lack of consistency for both sides...
Also the favourite players being called by nicknames & spoken to like gods by the refs & then speaking down to the rest...bringing my final point.
These big name players are allowed to touch a referee to make a point or grab their attention....the "others" are treated like its a criminal offence & suspended... The big name players are running the game at times.
It's a distinct advantage to have a Cameron Smith or JT on your side & I don't mean ability, but an obviously huge impact on the officials....

The double standards with Smith and Thurston compared to others is pathetic. I have no issue with the ' no touching' but again you can't allow these two so called clean skins (what a joke) to get away with it.

As for Sterling he is just still carrying a grudge and I cannot bear the carry on about his show how it's 'in depth interviews' they are just deadset puff pieces.

And as for Cameron Smith he made comment about Jamie's dive??????? The captain of the team who have bent the rules (and broken them) more than any other in the history of the NRL calls outs questionable play? Get.........

In all seriousness, Killer has to be nominated for an Academy Award for that dive doesn't he? But hey, it got the desired result didn't it, the try was not given. Despite the criticism from people like Smith and Sterling, what his dive really did though was show how bad the obstruction rule has become.

I personally don't like seeing players suspended for touching a referee. Yes I agree that it should not be done (touching), but to be suspended for it does not fit the crime, especially when you see someone like Paul Gallen elbowing a player on the ground in the head (in a way that was clearly not accidental) and not even being cited for it. Personally I think that if a player does touch a referee, 10 in bin is a suitable punishment, at least for a first time offence.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6