1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't slash your wrists

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by MPC75, Jul 29, 2011.

1. MPC75

MPC75 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 9
    Yes I'm pissed we lost. I hate the tigers probably more than any other team, but we weren't that bad tonight. Not sure what the posession was in the second half but I'm guessing tigers had all the ball. If there second try wasn't a forward pass well I don't know what is.

We made some dumb mistakes tonight but the boys will be hurting after that effort. They hate the tigers as much as all of us.

We will bounce back. Have faith.

2. Volley

Volley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 21
    There's a reason the Tigers had all the ball...we were ****.

The Dragons and Melbourne are so many levels above us.

3. Ceagle

Ceagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +238 / 3
    Sunday arvo against the Roosters at Brookie, is there a better bounce back game?

4. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,846 / 103
    ... Yeah, they both got beaten by Canberra.
    Give the Tigers credit; they had almost 70% of the ball in the second half and did all their scoring in a 10 minute burst.
    Having a loss now is no big deal. Hold your judgement until we play Storm at Brookie.

5. MPC75

MPC75 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 9
    Agree. There will be plenty having a cry tonight, but to put things into perspective, it's not all bad. We cant win them all. Rather loose a couple now, than in a few weeks time

6. codewana

codewana Active Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0
    I don't feel that terrible about the loss in terms of our future this year. We'll bounce back and be ok.

7. Brissie Kid

Brissie Kid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +831 / 10
    At 12-0 up Lyon dropped the ball (a difficult take) right on the try line that would have made it 18-0. Then still at 12-0 up DCE off loaded the ball to Gareth Ellis - Manly didn't get the ball until after the game was 14-12.

Sunday's 11-3 penalty count & 35% possession, plus a few dodgy forward pass calls tonight, combined to leave us 2 points short.

Not many teams would have beaten Penrith last week with what Manly had to contend with. Is it really a surprise Manly faded in 2nd half tonight on the back of last Sunday's effort and the short turnaround? Players make poor decisions when fatigued.

8. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,803 / 122
    I have to agree Brissie, in fact I too was a bit tired this week and it turned out to be a poor decision to back Manly tonight. I clearly need to freshen up before next week.

9. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,846 / 103
    Good point. It's about time they introduced the rule that the team that scores kicks off. That will help break up the passes of play where teams dominate possession.

10. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,803 / 122
    No, the ability to dominate possession is just part of the game. Its a part we are usually good at, including in the first half tonight.

11. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    i thought that was oneof the best most entertaining and fastest games of the season.

refs stayed wuiet and let 2 good teams battle it out

1 didgy forward pass call was the only difference, tigers if playing consistantly like tonight would be top 4

12. jjai

jjai Active Member

Ratings:
    +88 / 0
    :popcorn: