Don't kill the pig

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Emotion running rampant over logic and causing harm as a result can be seen daily in any pre-school age gathering. It is essentially a childish reaction, it can be described as primitive as it is the opposite of what civilised behaviour means.

Your Dianna experience is simply another example of emotional reactions spreading through a population to a greater degree than some think justified. Many men I know were visibly rocked about Phil Hughes, whereas women (obviously not cricket buffs) were walking around going 'WTF, so what?'

Understanding what is happening is key. If the sky really is falling then mad panic might be quite appropriate. Primal fear overtakes, but sometimes that is based on false information or assumptions. Meanwhile, yes mad panic does cause a lot of harm and damage, and so yes, it is a bad thing and is to be resisted and fought. Not by repressing emotion ('passion' as we call it here) but by enlightenment as to what is really happening, and what are the real forces at play.

No dispute that "Emotion running rampant over logic and causing harm as a result" is primitive. We are fundamentally primitive beings. Even more so when we "try" to be civilised. When we try to be something we are not, we are disingenuous, fake. Our actions are still driven by primitive emotions, but are more hidden to be more acceptable to ourselves and to others. Our actions may appear more civilised, until we look more deeply and more honestly.

You're right, SER8. Understanding is key. Seeing what is really happening. Primal fear is normally based on misunderstanding. Especially nowadays. We have never been safer, yet our emotions tell us otherwise. When we resist and fight our emotions, it is actually our primitive emotions that are resisting and fighting our primitive emotions. When we see clearly that we are about to step into a hole, we don't need to resist and fight. We simply step around it. When we clearly see that the snake in front is just a rope, we don't need to fight our primitive fear. We automatically drop it.

The service you've done in this thread is to bring more awareness to what we are doing.

I'm scared of heights. I seriously hate pulling furniture up over 3rd floor balconies, climbing on rooves, and anything to do with ladders apart from the first few rungs. In a very tall building I hate going near the window even when it's closed.
I've had to do those things from time to time, but never mastered the fear!
I really think we should stop making tall buildings.

Interesting answer to Loaded Dog's question on how you fund your lifestyle, SER8. But perhaps cat burglary is not really your go.

By the way , and considering there will be some Greenie animal loving Waynkerrs on here, were any real
Pigs killed in this thread @SeaEagleRock8 ??? as I do find the thread title most interesting.

I remember going on family visits to my Uncles place pretty regularly when I was a kid. He had a farm and used to live near a little village called Ballycumber. I remember two things, they'd usually kill a pig for Sunday dinner and I seemed to be related to most of the people in the village.

I'm a country boy, in fact my brother still runs the family farm, so we did a lot of Pig & Roo shooting when I was a kid .

Bloody feral animals, used to create havoc in the crops so my Dad used to send us out most weekends in the old ute with a bunch of dogs, great stuff for me and the two elder brothers.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8