1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Donny redundant

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by The Wheel, Oct 3, 2015.

1. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,769 / 72
    Looks like Donny left the club - made redundant. Finished up, sad to see him go

• Like Like x 1
  2. Eagles2nv

Eagles2nv New Team, New Beginnings 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,414 / 35
  3. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    Donny posted this on his Facebook page.

To the you vibrant, energetic, loyal and simply quite MAD Manly Sea Eagles supporters.....

After overseeing the physical performance of the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles football club since pre season 2003, My position as Head of Strength and Conditioning and Coaching Manager has been made redundant, so I will leave the Sea Eagles effective today. It certainly will be strange sitting on the opposition side of the Brookvale dugout! But it is still me...... Donny Singe .....I have always put the "Singe" in everything I bring to the club and do for my men....... Now is a time for me to contribute and instil those traits into another team culture. I will take the respect and non waivering support you lot have given me as a person over these outstanding and successful years ....... So smile and say hello.......you all know I hate rude buggers!!
    And remember, I'm doing my job in my orange shirt!! So don't get testy if you think I'm out there too long!! Ha ha!
    And I will be!

Thank you for everything you have given to me...... All I've learnt and the value I've gained.
    Donny Singe

4. Sillybus

Sillybus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 16
    Thats ****ed

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Ironstine Ironstine x 1
  5. Loobs

Loobs I am not really Scott Penn Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,417 / 257
    Well as nice a bloke as he was we were easily the fattest team at least last year. Our conditioning has not been up to snuff...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +507 / 20
    Since 2003 means 12 years as fitness leader. Definitely time for a change. Palmer did it as well. Some of our old guys have heard him for a long time and probably need a fresh change and ideas to recharge the motivation. Thanks Donnie for all you have done.

7. Budgewoi Eagle

Budgewoi Eagle In for the long haul. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,028 / 52
    Last man standing ... ah ... no.

8. master blaster

master blaster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +674 / 4
    Im lost for words.Every time you think,is it over now,then something else comes out and knocks you down again

9. eagleron

eagleron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +999 / 8
    And with that ends an era, sad to see you go Donny.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,769 / 72
    Our high number of injuries over that couple if years as well, I recall Des, Dennis Moore saying that all injuries (except breaks) are preventable we were doing something wrong...

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. ALinda

ALinda Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +982 / 5
    Don't know how Skivvi will go without Donny?!!

Seriously, a sad end to an era....

12. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    https://www.facebook.com/DonnySinge...4365304677019/864950573618485/?type=3&theater

13. GoldenEagle41

GoldenEagle41 Active Member

Ratings:
    +198 / 4
    ive heard that the players had initially saved him but then he demanded more money; and the club refused. so thats why he's gone. most likely place is dogs with des/crusher/ect

• Dummy Spit Dummy Spit x 1
  14. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,363 / 111
    Absolute champion person Donny.

15. NewwyEagle

NewwyEagle I sleep in a racing car

Ratings:
    +1,178 / 60
    I find it funny that this entire website spent all of 2015 complaining about how fat, slow and behind the pace our team was, only to complain when our head trainer leaves.
    I have lots of respect for Donny and everything he achieved at Manly but we have not been in tip top shape these last two seasons. For all the crap the Penn's cop, I've got no doubt they're sourcing the best trainers for the job to add to our staff.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. brad

brad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,561 / 59
    Yes it is Ron but the start of an exciting new one.

17. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,825 / 53
    Yeah, that's why we hired the guy from Penrith...

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Budgewoi Eagle

Budgewoi Eagle In for the long haul. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,028 / 52
    Among the comments on his FB announcement, this from Jamie Singe (brother?):
    "For any children reading this, I apologise, please avert your gaze. For the people I havnt met but are friends of Don , well, thats probably a good thing for you, for anyone who has ever met me then you will know what I look like when I say this, **** Trent Barret! Otherwise known as "Who?" and **** Dave Ferris. You are a pair of dishonourable, underhanded, no-idea pricks! You got rid of a 1. National Trainer and 4 Nations victor, a four time appearing , two time winning Grand Finalist and a man who has more passion, integrity and out and out balls than either of you or those around you. In my world you would be the two mooks at the window waving from the wrist as the boys move forward. Brother you are ****ing Legend and you bring another level to all that you place your hand to. This family has an irreplacable pride for what you have achieved and the continuing legacy you carve through will and sheer hard work for your family. You other two? Im not hard to find. Love you Brother."

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,782 / 258
    Had to happen, the last man standing is no longer standing.

And ZtH will be rejoicing, in fact dancing in the streets!!

What do they call it these days " collateral damage"!

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Fibro Eagle

Fibro Eagle Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +721 / 30
    Definitely was the last man standing and as good as a man is Donny might be better off with all the new changes . A man of his talent will get another gig maybe with Toov's in the Aust coaching job