Donkeys: Have a side ever talked themselves up so much?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Barba = good with ball in hand in broken play. Still needs a lot of work on his defence. I'd still have Snake, Slater and probably that traitorous grub Inglis over him.

He's bascially another Matt Bowen.

Often sides talk up the opposition before they pull a blinder. The bananas are probably just doing a bit of marketing because they are seventh.

Still it is a danger game but we have Lyon and the Stewart's and our halves playing in good form.

All the hype ends at kickoff. It will be satisfying to put the sword to that old foe.

Often sides talk up the opposition before they pull a blinder. The bananas are probably just doing a bit of marketing because they are seventh.

Still it is a danger game but we have Lyon and the Stewart's and our halves playing in good form.

All the hype ends at kickoff. It will be satisfying to put the sword to that old foe.

c and c,

no doubt the other three are proven performers at all levels and have to be regarded as better overall players at this stage.I suppose i was simply referring to his ability to totally change the course of a club game.

c and c,

no doubt the other three are proven performers at all levels and have to be regarded as better overall players at this stage.I suppose i was simply referring to his ability to totally change the course of a club game.

The Bulldogs are certainly beatable, IF you can shut him down or limit his time with the ball.....how a side can do that....not sure...but the one who works that out can beat them!!

The Bulldogs are certainly beatable, IF you can shut him down or limit his time with the ball.....how a side can do that....not sure...but the one who works that out can beat them!!

Mark, the Tigers beat them last weekend, but were robbed. Attack through the middle and hold a straight line when Barba has the ball.

Mark, the Tigers beat them last weekend, but were robbed. Attack through the middle and hold a straight line when Barba has the ball.

susan said:
I am worried about this one.Even if most of out troops play they are definitely suffering from some niggles and the 5 day turnaround is often a death knell.You just had to look at the Newcastle game up there too see what can happen when things arent right physically(that time it was the flu).

Broncos are at full strength for the first time in ages and it is a GF for them.In fact I reckon it is close to a GF for us too.A loss will in all likelihood mean fifth and a real tough road.We are the only one of the sides not entrenched in the four who could win it from there but I wouldnt like to test it.

Win this one with all the injury,trurnaround stuff and we win the comp.I can"t see anyone getting close other than the dogs on the back of Barber.
So long as we are leading by 30 or 40 at half time I don't think we'll have too many problems. ;)

True, the boys might try to squeeze in one last lackadaisical effort before buckling down for their finals charge – but I don't think so. I think they have already started charging.

susan said:
I am worried about this one.Even if most of out troops play they are definitely suffering from some niggles and the 5 day turnaround is often a death knell.You just had to look at the Newcastle game up there too see what can happen when things arent right physically(that time it was the flu).

Broncos are at full strength for the first time in ages and it is a GF for them.In fact I reckon it is close to a GF for us too.A loss will in all likelihood mean fifth and a real tough road.We are the only one of the sides not entrenched in the four who could win it from there but I wouldnt like to test it.

Win this one with all the injury,trurnaround stuff and we win the comp.I can"t see anyone getting close other than the dogs on the back of Barber.
So long as we are leading by 30 or 40 at half time I don't think we'll have too many problems. ;)

True, the boys might try to squeeze in one last lackadaisical effort before buckling down for their finals charge – but I don't think so. I think they have already started charging.

Mark from Brisbane said:

Barba is just like Slater. Fast and evasive and not much else. Barba, just like Slater, doesn't like to be hit hard. Go and watch a replay of the 2008 GF and what we did to Slater in that game and you have the blueprint to beat the dishlickers.

Mark from Brisbane said:

Barba is just like Slater. Fast and evasive and not much else. Barba, just like Slater, doesn't like to be hit hard. Go and watch a replay of the 2008 GF and what we did to Slater in that game and you have the blueprint to beat the dishlickers.

Not many players like being hit hard. And Slater & Barba have a hell of a lot more going for them than being fast & evasive. They seem to have great instincts for where to be and they put themselves in the game nearly every time. (Still prefer Snake though)

Not many players like being hit hard. And Slater & Barba have a hell of a lot more going for them than being fast & evasive. They seem to have great instincts for where to be and they put themselves in the game nearly every time. (Still prefer Snake though)

Talking it up is all part of a desperate Brisbane media. Brisbane will be lucky to be allowed back into the city if they lose tonight.

FINISH THEM

COMMANDER said:
Talking it up is all part of a desperate Brisbane media. Brisbane will be lucky to be allowed back into the city if they lose tonight.

FINISH THEM

Heeee Haaaaw
:)
CYa next year losers!

I am going to respond to this without reading any of the posts so far.

Yes, no team have talked themselves up as much as the doggies this year. Saints, 2 years ago. Their fans were relentless, and i live in Japan.

The doggies as a team have actually been quite quiet, their fans on the other hand. My question is, can the doggies go up a gear when the whips start cracking ?

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8