Donkeys: Have a side ever talked themselves up so much?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

captainskin

Reserve Grader
Article after article I read, Brisbane players and coach are talking themselves up all the time. There is the usual 'Manly is playing some good footy' rhetoric, but Brisbane are going into this game with their fat lady already to sing.

Either, they know something that the rest of us don't know, or they are just being super positive to the media after five losses, or they genuinely believe it is win or die so they may as well go in talking up the outcome before it happens.

One team will be disappointed after a Friday night loss and another will be so distraught and bitter that if they happen to lose they won't be able to pick themselves back up even if they do make the eight.

Article after article I read, Brisbane players and coach are talking themselves up all the time. There is the usual 'Manly is playing some good footy' rhetoric, but Brisbane are going into this game with their fat lady already to sing.

Either, they know something that the rest of us don't know, or they are just being super positive to the media after five losses, or they genuinely believe it is win or die so they may as well go in talking up the outcome before it happens.

One team will be disappointed after a Friday night loss and another will be so distraught and bitter that if they happen to lose they won't be able to pick themselves back up even if they do make the eight.

Let's hope its the same belief that the Souths guys kept blurting to the Media - 'we have learnt a lot from our loss to Manly':p

Manly have to pace themselves, as the only impediments to the B2B is injuries and suspensions.

The Boys have to take their tolerance pills and not retaliate to anything from the Broncos or Officialdom:cool:

2V was shown on TV when Foz reacted to someone on the 5th tackle - was Not Happy, Jan!

Let's hope its the same belief that the Souths guys kept blurting to the Media - 'we have learnt a lot from our loss to Manly':p

Manly have to pace themselves, as the only impediments to the B2B is injuries and suspensions.

The Boys have to take their tolerance pills and not retaliate to anything from the Broncos or Officialdom:cool:

2V was shown on TV when Foz reacted to someone on the 5th tackle - was Not Happy, Jan!

I am worried about this one.Even if most of out troops play they are definitely suffering from some niggles and the 5 day turnaround is often a death knell.You just had to look at the Newcastle game up there too see what can happen when things arent right physically(that time it was the flu).

Broncos are at full strength for the first time in ages and it is a GF for them.In fact I reckon it is close to a GF for us too.A loss will in all likelihood mean fifth and a real tough road.We are the only one of the sides not entrenched in the four who could win it from there but I wouldnt like to test it.

Win this one with all the injury,trurnaround stuff and we win the comp.I can"t see anyone getting close other than the dogs on the back of Barber.

I am worried about this one.Even if most of out troops play they are definitely suffering from some niggles and the 5 day turnaround is often a death knell.You just had to look at the Newcastle game up there too see what can happen when things arent right physically(that time it was the flu).

Broncos are at full strength for the first time in ages and it is a GF for them.In fact I reckon it is close to a GF for us too.A loss will in all likelihood mean fifth and a real tough road.We are the only one of the sides not entrenched in the four who could win it from there but I wouldnt like to test it.

Win this one with all the injury,trurnaround stuff and we win the comp.I can"t see anyone getting close other than the dogs on the back of Barber.

That line did occur to me too MB.Just wasnt game to throw it in!

On a serious note I dont think Ive seen a bloke improve as quickly as this fellow.In terms of effecting the outcome of a club game on his own I now put him well ahead of Slater/inglis and dare I say it,Snake.If these grubs win it,it will be down to him.

On a serious note I dont think Ive seen a bloke improve as quickly as this fellow.In terms of effecting the outcome of a club game on his own I now put him well ahead of Slater/inglis and dare I say it,Snake.If these grubs win it,it will be down to him.

They a very very desperate. I see in todays paper they are even dredging up something Fatty said in SOO in 2006 to use as some sort of motivation against us because of Fatty's Manly connection.

We won't lose another game this season.

They a very very desperate. I see in todays paper they are even dredging up something Fatty said in SOO in 2006 to use as some sort of motivation against us because of Fatty's Manly connection.

We won't lose another game this season.

I remember a few posters saying he was a myth but I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Each week he seemed to take a game and break it wide open. Star of this year.

I remember a few posters saying he was a myth but I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Each week he seemed to take a game and break it wide open. Star of this year.

susan said:

Very true, Canterbury used to always sh*t me with their first Baa Baa, [Terry Lamb] and now this other Barba comes along, God I hate this club.

susan said:

Very true, Canterbury used to always sh*t me with their first Baa Baa, [Terry Lamb] and now this other Barba comes along, God I hate this club.

I was not confident about this game but after all this talk by Brisbane i think we will win comfortably.

I was not confident about this game but after all this talk by Brisbane i think we will win comfortably.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2