Donald gone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If Donald could break tackles or fend or step or defuse high balls or smash blokes in tackles I might be worried about him leaving.

His chunk of salary cap could be used better.

Chunk? I doubt he's on too much. That being said there are better wingers out there, and obviously something is in the pipes.

I still say CW needs a funny bone transplant

Considering he was going to go to England last year and him being a highlight in a poor side I think a significant offer would have been made for him to stay. Manly were desperate when he signed after missing out on Tahu, Monaghan etc, he had the upper hand in negotiations and I have no doubt his manager would have used it.

what fun is fishing when all that bites is a minnow?

Considering he was going to go to England last year and him being a highlight in a poor side I think a significant offer would have been made for him to stay. Manly were desperate when he signed after missing out on Tahu, Monaghan etc, he had the upper hand in negotiations and I have no doubt his manager would have used it.

By the same token however, no-one had signed him up by then, so he could also have been desperate.

[quote author=SilentBob]

By the same token however, no-one had signed him up by then, so he could also have been desperate.
[/quote]

He was set to go to Leeds last year before Manly stepped in with a competitive offer.

Chunk? I doubt he's on too much. That being said there are better wingers out there, and obviously something is in the pipes.
Remember that he signed in that period where we were paying over the odds for any player that would come our way. It might be more than you think.

What is the difference in earnings for a winger of Donald's ability. I am obviously guessing but in my opinion he is worth around $130K - $140K in the NRL, so what sort of cash would he be picking up in ESL.

You would want a lot for a North Qld native to leave the beaches, and go over to the drab and cold winters, rain , sleet and snow, not to mention only 6 hours light on a nothern English day.

Not as physically demanding on the paddock or in training so they say.

Exchange rate is good over there though ! There seems to be a lot of money for middle and lower tier players whereas over here with the salary cap it is only the top tier players getting the big cash!

If he wants to pay 20 pound ($60) for a T-bone steak he can be my guest. Exchange rates are not always what they're cracked up to be.

The cost of living is certainly an issue, particulary in London. We are heading over next year and hope to catch a couple of ESL games but accomodation is even more expensive than when I first went there, although I guess living 6 to room did keep the expenses down a bit, now if I can just convince Jan to share our hotel room with some young Scandanavian type backpackers we may be able to save a few Euro's on our accomodation bill, I wonder if I should bring up the subject?

I can't see any issue there Pete - I can't speak for Jan though. Maybe some big blonde male sweedes might help to convince her - good luck. I would be making a booking in a B & B if I were you. ;)

exchange rates are irrelevant when earning a living over there unless you are travelling.he earns pounds so he lives on pounds.a 20 quid steak when earning pounds is the same as us paying 20 dollars for a steak.

vegas!

He earns $150000 over here and pays $20 for steak.

Or 50,000 pounds and pays 20 pounds.

Think about it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8