1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dogs up the bull on eve

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by ManlyBacker, Sep 4, 2012.

1. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    THE mind games have started ahead of Friday night's grudge match between the Sea Eagles and the Bulldogs at ANZ Stadium.
    Bulldogs skipper Michael Ennis tossed the first verbal hand grenade on Monday when he claimed his side were "underdogs" despite the fact that they finished as minor premiers and at one stage won 12 games on the trot.

Read the full article

• Like Like x 1
  2. Guzzler

Guzzler Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 1
    Pretty stock standard response from Ennis, Verbal hand grenade probably not the best way to describe what he said.

3. niccipops

niccipops un echidna spillo mia bevanda Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,519 / 50
    Ennis just stated the truth really. His team have achieved great things this year from where they came from but Manly's finals experience pumps them up as favourites at least in the eyes of the bookies. I reckon both teams have an even chance on Friday.
    I just sincerely hope the refereeing standard improves and the dog's obstruction plays are pulled up.
    And Manly boys, keep the ball away from Barba. He's worth about 2-3 tries a match. Catch him - he hasn't got the plague.

4. Guzzler

Guzzler Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 1
    We like to think of them as decoy plays:p

5. MWSE

MWSE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +335 / 2
    I'm so sick of hearing about this stupid underdog title. When will a player come out and say that their team is the best in the comp and that they will flog whoever they play.

6. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,704 / 257
    Maybe why Kingy said nothing!!

7. mozgrame

mozgrame Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,565 / 45
    Never, because Aussies don't like it. Look at Mundine, he is an excellent boxer. Not so much a fighter, but a top notch boxer. He has every right to tell the world how good he is, and does so. In response, people try to shoot him down. On the other hand, we find Ali funny and assume he is a top bloke. I know...go figure right?

Aussies hate a skite, but LOVE an underdog!!

8. All Hail King Lyon

All Hail King Lyon Member

Ratings:
    +89 / 15
    "niccipops" I doubt your even a manly supporter there is no even playing ground between us and them, they got walked into the finals but now there versing the heavyweights of the NRL after this game Kassiono won't be the only player leaving the field dossapointed GO MANLY

9. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    Pfffft, that was a joke right?

10. niccipops

niccipops un echidna spillo mia bevanda Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,519 / 50
    Regarding AHKL's comments, I'm 'dossapointed'.

11. Ralphie

Ralphie Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Bredbo
    Ratings:
    +2,093 / 231
    Souffs have been doing that for years

12. Earnie the Eagle

Earnie the Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +359 / 16
    Wipe your chin mate you are dribbling **** with that statement.

13. dowdz

dowdz Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +853 / 5
    With Cummins as one of the refs, it now puts the Dogs as favorites : )

Spot on Nicci. Smash him as soon as he gets it.

14. barrack o barba

barrack o barba Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    We hope that the cheap shots dont go unignored either , you guys know your the favourites so lets move on