Dogs R25 game moved from ANZ due to AFL.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyArmy

Bencher
Dogs Round 25 match against Panthers at ANZ has had to be moved, due to Sydney vs Hawthorn allocating it even though the NRL was scheduled way before.

I would rather see the AFL at ANZ Stadium anyway, its a GF rematch and could decide who will win the Minor Premiership. Will get a decent crowd of around 40,000, where as the Dogs game would barely get over 20,000 if lucky, and possibly without Barba aswell.

But don't worry, i'm sure the Dogs would be welcome to play at Coffs Harbour.

Where's it being played. At the SFS?

I've mentioned before that I think the Showground - or Skoda Stadium - where GWS plays would seem a better size to play Dogs' matches than the naerby cavenous ANZ Stadium.

When Greenberg gets his way with axing suburban grounds we can look forward to stories like this every week.

the grass at anz looks like a cow paddock now, can you imagine what it will look like after playing 10-15 games on it every weekend for 6 months. It will be like the old days playing games on bare mud

This would be the ideal game to play at Belmore. It might prove that games at suburban grounds can be successful.

MissKate said:
the grass at anz looks like a cow paddock now, can you imagine what it will look like after playing 10-15 games on it every weekend for 6 months. It will be like the old days playing games on bare mud

Spot on.

Under Greenturd's plan Parra will probably play out of Parra stadium and the rest of the teams will play out of either SFS or ANZ.

Add SOO games, AFL, ARU and Waratah's games to SFS and ANZ and the grounds will have to be returfed every second week as they won't cope with being played on constantly.

Scheduling will be a nightmare as AFL and rugby tests at ANZ will get priority. Maybe his plan in the play more NRL games on Monday nights so as not to conflict with other sports?

Or maybe only teams like Manly and tigers will play every Monday night at ANZ of SFS?

Meanwhile grounds like Brookie oval, Leichhardt, Campbelltown etc will be left as decaying relics.

Great plan obviously designed by an ironstine.

You heard it here 1st

Watch the NRL Switch our game against the scum to the Friday night

They are doing everything else in there power this season to distrupt our season- inconviencing those who have made plans to be at the game on the Saturday night. This is just my gut feel , there is no inside information I have here.

davohan123 said:
You heard it here 1st

They are doing everything else in there power this season to distrupt our season- inconviencing those who have made plans to be at the game on the Saturday night. This is just my gut feel , there is no inside information I have here.

It deserves to be the Match of the Round. It is ludicious that it isn't. Manly V Melbourne is the biggest clash of the season.
I hope it does get moved. I don;t think you can blame Greenturn for the original scheduling. Blame Channel Nein.

The Who said:
davohan123 said:
You heard it here 1st

It deserves to be the Match of the Round. It is ludicious that it isn't. Manly V Melbourne is the biggest clash of the season.
I hope it does get moved. I don;t think you can blame Greenturn for the original scheduling. Blame Channel Nein.

Yes it does deserve not question to be played on the Friday night but when you can only make the Saturday night due to work commitments it really is annoying as I have planned on making it on the Saturday if it is switched then I won't be able to make it. I may not be the only person in this situation

But yes 100% agree why this was not picked as the Friday night game originally by channel 9 I will never understand.

I'm sorry to report the bloke who decides the scheduling was rushed to hospital for a colonoscopy......it was'nt all bad news for him though, they found his head.

davohan123 said:
The Who said:
davohan123 said:
You heard it here 1st

Yes it does deserve not question to be played on the Friday night but when you can only make the Saturday night due to work commitments it really is annoying as I have planned on making it on the Saturday if it is switched then I won't be able to make it. I may not be the only person in this situation

But yes 100% agree why this was not picked as the Friday night game originally by channel 9 I will never understand.

+ 1. I can't attend the game if it's moved to Fri night either, I'll be seething if they move our game to accommodate the scum dogs.

Heard someone mention last night that the dogs game, due to 2 Sydney teams, will rate higher than Manly storm

lsz said:
Heard someone mention last night that the dogs game, due to 2 Sydney teams, will rate higher than Manly storm

In 2011, Manly vs Melbourne matches on FTA exceeded any Sydney team match-up game.

Did we play them on FTA last year?

Hamster Huey said:
lsz said:

In 2011, Manly vs Melbourne matches on FTA exceeded any Sydney team match-up game.

Did we play them on FTA last year?

No we only played them once - a Monday night at Brookie.

Rd 25 Dogs and Penrith game has been switched to the Saturday at 5:30, and the Souths and Wests tigers match has been moved to the Friday.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4